What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Calling the Big Boys Out Of Hiding!! - Trimmer Machine

Hoam Groan

NY General said:
it's the smaller stuff that takes forever....(If running an out, can trim fans with electric trimmers week they come down to make it easier, quicker....)

Hmm, for the small stuff, I wonder how one of those nosehair trimmers (don't laugh) would work? *zip zip zip* seems like it could quickly shear off all small leaves as it is lightweight and the blade is extremely small, just kinda poke and jab at the leaves and they ought to fly off.

Lugen

I'm pretty chocked that trimmer is a knock off, I thought it was going to be a stellar buy.....

I ALWAYS trim wet, once it dry's the trich's become so fragile, they just flake off.....If you're only trimming a couple lbs it's fine, but once you have a harvest of 10,20,30+ lbs, you want to wack off the leaves, and get that shit dryin asap....cure, then it's off to the market...

Fast Pine

Chamba said:
but I would be very hesitant about inviting 3 or 4 "trimmers" to my grow.....and as you know what they say..only two people can keep a secret, providing one of them is dead!
Exactly..All the time I hear about some huge commercial grower, having 1-20 of his friends help trimm tha harvest..That makes no sense to me, I often wonder how those guys last..I would cringe if my friends knew where my secret garden was.. Last year it was just me and my lady in the field. We made a nice little trimm shack and got to work..

Lugen

I totally know what you mean, I would prefer NO trimmers unless they are really close friends, at a remote location away from the grow.

Still pissed that trimmer is a knock off!! I wonder if it's just as good....

Anyway sees any good deals on trimmers post them here.....

G

BowlPacks said:
This is a WEED TRIMMER. We're not pinching pennies here...
Legit_User said:
Well, if it's so fukkin precious hand trim that shit son!!
I'd rather pinch pennies than cut corners... :pointlaug

:bandit:

HAHAHAH
yeah i agree
i made my own years ago. i'll never process again without a machine

nUt_jOb

so did anyone ever give the rolling thunder its speed test? I hear some hydro shops rent them out but Im sure that depends on living in a location where its somewhat approved of. I watched the u-tube video on the trimpro units and they looked pretty affective.

Any more recent verdicts on trimmers?

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hey Guys,

I know folks who use the $25,000 model, & swear by it @25#'s per day with 2 folks bigleafing & 1 bucking down & loading the unit. If it didn't require the bigleafing prior i would have signed up for one probably as the finish is more than acceptable. I ended up passing. If it breaks down in the middle of work your fucked, & any compensation/repairs from the company would be too late.

Instead, i prefer a grip of modified trimpro workstations (with the thinner stainless grill). Remove the side guards so that you can use a sawing action in addition to the rolling for removing the bigleaf. They turn out more than an acceptable finish as well, and if one breaks down your still truckin. 8 folks on 4 machines will do 20#'s a day easily.

PS- ^^These numbers can be dramatically increased if a perfect finish is not required. 2 folks can charge through 25#'s per day to be put away & finished later- like over the winter in front of a nice warm cozy fire.

Be careful with the earlier models & some of the knockoffs, the gaps are too wide & they eat fingers for lunch..

Regards,
Tom

PS,PS: I was uncomfortable posting on this thread due to its title, anybody
else feel that way? You don't need to be a "Big Boy in Hiding" to
have some experience with this type of equipment.

Last edited:

Tom Hill

Veteran
I feel the argument that these types of machines "ruin the bud" is absolutely ludicrous.

We are talking about about what? Rupturing .01% of the total trichomes on a 2 gram bud,,,too funny.

I would only worry about it if i was a microphotographer.

G

thanks for the ideas tom, good info
with the $25k model, have you heard of anyone complain about the durability?
the few i know who speak of them haven't had anything bad to report
and no, i don't feel uncomfortable... html code is off so its difficult for outside people to see who(ip addy) posts in specific threads

Tom Hill

Veteran
Hey |\|!tr0u$,

I've heard no complaints or reports of problems, but they have only been on the market for about a year i think. It would be just my luck for them to make outstanding key improvements right after i forked the dough over too. By the way, anyone in the market to buy used original trimpros? :D They make outstanding bigleafers for these expensive units..

I have seen idiots disregard the "no scissors near the machine" sticker on the trimpros & rip the grill to shreds by dropping them on the unit. Good luck finding a replacement machine in stock anywhere in California come October too. Plan ahead.

PS; I wasn't really talking security issues before. I just as soon not have you folks believing I think of myself as "big time" because i posted in this thread. It's just kinda lame in my opinion. Maybe I just need to burn one :D

Last edited:
I know damn good and well I'm not big time. Big time is Eddy Lepp. Big time is 100's of hoods. The people that have a 2 car garage producing year around are probably going to want to use the same technology as the big boys, though, since trimming up 20 or so elbs takes enough time and energy to compromise security.

G

ah i see your point tom. heh i didn't even think of ego-stroking, just the hatred of spending 18hours a day trimming for a week or two or three:)
key improvements, i know what you mean. same thing they did with those trimpros huh!
carhartt nice to see you around... have you found out for sure if that rolling thunder can really go through 50?

G

you can't do those kinds of #'s with the rolling thunder unless you throw in strictly sog type colas. Anything that is not perfectly round or unless you don't care what it comes out looking like needs to be dealt with by defoliating the leaves which have stems coming outof the buds. Once you remove this, then you have to remove any buds by cutting them off the main stem into smaller peices if they will make it roll off balance through the machine because then part of it never gets trimmed. It has to roll evenly. In other words, you can throw gobs of buds through it, but someone needs to hand clean it up either first or first then afterwards too.

Latest posts

Latest posts