What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Fitness thread~

ka0tik_kreati0n

♥-_-~Praying the Lord my soul to keep~-_-&#9
Veteran
i'm welcoming all of you to keep track of your progress here, male /female.. ya'll can join us... we're making a commitment to be more fit. whether its 5 pounds or 50 pounds +.. all us stoners need to band together so we can support each other in a more healthy lifestyle...
put down that ho ho
LMAO

~my update, I start my counting calories today. I've already made a cup of green tea, and I will be starting my vitamins again.. I take vit c, acai, and folic acid to help boost my metabolism...
what do ya'll do to boost your metabolism?

hippie_lettuce

Garden Nymph
Veteran
Okay, for lunch today is probably a salad and maybe some fruit.

I am going to be walking some, since I'm going to campus...I need one of those pedometers. I eat alot of peppers, and cayenne, which has tons of vitamin C. I also have been starting to drink almond milk and eating organic raw hemp seeds.

Tonight I'll do some stretches, crunches, and a lot of jumping jacks lol. That's all I can do for now, til the weekend..

boroboro

I've found through years of trial and error that I'm much happier and more cheerful if I run at least 4 miles 3 times a week. I used to run marathons and longer crazy events, but my joints don't let me do that anymore. Still, the 4 mile run really works to keep my head straight and heart and body healthy.

This year's diet change is V8 vegetable juice, 0.7L a day. I'm lousy at eating enough veggies, so instead I drink them.

... off to the gym now...

slackx

Veteran
I am an amateur body builder, i can help with any questions anyone has or give you regiments just PM me. The first step to get into shape is getting your 4-5 mid sized meals in a day to keep your metabolism going. The second step is to change what you're eating 4-5 times a day to healthier snacks/ foods. I do not recommend counting calories because like plants everyones body is different.

A basic vitamin list:
Mens/Womans Multivitamin *MUST HAVE*
Flatseed oil, or fish oil - eating healthy makes you constipated
Calcium Pills - very good for the active body

A basic diet list:
Eating is our nature, so is sauces, and other condiments. Most food we eat is very healthy for us in one way or another (even mcdonalds) my suggestion is to take it easy on the condiments.

Workout Regiment:
GET YOUR FAT ASS UP - The first day is your hardest! No one is saying to get a golds gym membership just going outside walking around (smoking a j) is your best way to start getting your body into shape! I also recommend getting some free weights that fit your strength and do basic excersizes. Plenty of great tips online and if you PM me i can tell you better.

I use to be 6' 280 lbs, I am now 6' 210 pounds with 8% body fat. I can rep 280 without a problem and I curl 65's with each arm. If my fat ass can do it EVERYONE can. Also I really don't recommend working out high, doing cardio and walking stoned is cool but lifting some serious weight off your chest really requires a sober mind.

G

GOOROO

nice this is a great thread.
3 days ago i put down the bong! time for a break from the weed.
getting back into running. did 3 miles yesterday then went to a yoga class!

needless to say i got my ass kicked, and am feeling it today.
so big breakfast, oatmeal and lots of fruit. then off to run a mile, so the muscles don't stay tight

ka0tik_kreati0n

Veteran
lol yea when I smoke now its not just to keep maintained. I dont like the munchies, because I get so full & I feel bad, cause I keep eating, even when my body says ENOUGH!!!I will definitely try the fish oil. constipation is a real issue and probably the reason I feel so bloated....

slackx

Veteran
nice this is a great thread.
3 days ago i put down the bong! time for a break from the weed.
getting back into running. did 3 miles yesterday then went to a yoga class!

needless to say i got my ass kicked, and am feeling it today.
so big breakfast, oatmeal and lots of fruit. then off to run a mile, so the muscles don't stay tight

NEVER put down the bong, unless you're picking up a bowl.

slackx

Veteran
lol yea when I smoke now its not just to keep maintained. I dont like the munchies, because I get so full & I feel bad, cause I keep eating, even when my body says ENOUGH!!!I will definitely try the fish oil. constipation is a real issue and probably the reason I feel so bloated....

Well if you're a woman its harder for you to lose weight, woman naturally have more body fat and retain water. Boobs are so awesome though! A great "cheater" product that will help is called Lipo-6 hers. I have put many people on it with great results, it's pretty much a caffeinated fat burner it makes you feel good. It also burns fat, but if you dont work out and keep your body maintained to go along with your new pill you'll end up with strech marks all over the place and probably not be happy with yourself. No this doesn't mean you need a gym membership to take this pill, you just need to be up and moving around and it'll do the work for you. It's pretty exspensive shit but it does work it's about $50.00. Also like pretty much all nutrients only take half the doze the bottle says ;)

The munchies dont have to be a bad thing if you eat granola or cereal though. Your body gets rid of that fiber pretty quickly. I'm a junk food junkie to the extreme but theirs a lot of natural shit out there that is just as sweet and tasty as the junk.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I am an amateur body builder, i can help with any questions anyone has or give you regiments just PM me. The first step to get into shape is getting your 4-5 mid sized meals in a day to keep your metabolism going. The second step is to change what you're eating 4-5 times a day to healthier snacks/ foods. I do not recommend counting calories because like plants everyones body is different.

A basic vitamin list:

A basic diet list:
Eating is our nature, so is sauces, and other condiments. Most food we eat is very healthy for us in one way or another (even mcdonalds) my suggestion is to take it easy on the condiments.

Workout Regiment:
GET YOUR FAT ASS UP - The first day is your hardest! No one is saying to get a golds gym membership just going outside walking around (smoking a j) is your best way to start getting your body into shape! I also recommend getting some free weights that fit your strength and do basic excersizes. Plenty of great tips online and if you PM me i can tell you better.

I use to be 6' 280 lbs, I am now 6' 210 pounds with 8% body fat. I can rep 280 without a problem and I curl 65's with each arm. If my fat ass can do it EVERYONE can. Also I really don't recommend working out high, doing cardio and walking stoned is cool but lifting some serious weight off your chest really requires a sober mind.

wow! as an amateur body builder i thought you would of mentioned drinking water for sure. water is key to losing weight, 50-100 oz every day. if your pee is clear, your drinking enough.

a great structured workout that anyone can do a home is p90x. you can download the dvd's for free on a torrent, or buy them off craigslist. is for men and women, young and old. everything from weights to yoga to kempo karate. worked great for me, did the p90x thing for 8 months.

ka0tik_kreati0n

Veteran
I was so bad today, earlier.. I didn't eat till around 1, and had chocolate!!! lol... then I had a couple chips(not the bag, just a few), but i did eat a chicken salad... & umm im right now at 860 cals out of 1700 that i was recommended to eat... I use this site called caloriecount.about.com....good site, you can track what you eat, and your activity level and figure out how much you burn,

if you eat 500 cals less than you burn a day.. you will lose approximately 1 pound per week because a pound of fat is 3500 calories....

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Poopy and I are gonna start our 2 week cleanse aided by Nature's Secret Ultimate Cleanse. I used to sell sports nutrition and vitamins for 4 years...anyone is free to ask me anything.

I love this thread KK...I need to take off like 15 pounds. Poopy.....well......a lil more, he's really tall:)

slackx

Veteran
I was so bad today, earlier.. I didn't eat till around 1, and had chocolate!!! lol... then I had a couple chips(not the bag, just a few), but i did eat a chicken salad... & umm im right now at 860 cals out of 1700 that i was recommended to eat... I use this site called caloriecount.about.com....good site, you can track what you eat, and your activity level and figure out how much you burn,

if you eat 500 cals less than you burn a day.. you will lose approximately 1 pound per week because a pound of fat is 3500 calories....

Yea it really doesn't work that way when you're eating chocolate and not keeping your metabolism moving :huggy:

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
^^He's right...you have to eat small frequent meals to keep your metabolism up. I did really well with a high protein, high fat(healthy fat) and low carb diet. I gained a lot of my extras from eating 2 times a day for the last year and a half.... and Red Bull.

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
you should actually eat 6-8 small portioned meals a day to speed up your metabolism.. Thus the food you put in will not be sent to fat storage it will be used as fuel... cut out breads, cokes and the bad carbs after say 4-5pm after work if you do indeed work.. If you have workout equip use it.. light weights high reps, to start... peace..

sackO

slackx

Veteran
wow! as an amateur body builder i thought you would of mentioned drinking water for sure. water is key to losing weight, 50-100 oz every day. if your pee is clear, your drinking enough.

a great structured workout that anyone can do a home is p90x. you can download the dvd's for free on a torrent, or buy them off craigslist. is for men and women, young and old. everything from weights to yoga to kempo karate. worked great for me, did the p90x thing for 8 months.

It's not easy to type up an exact regiment perfectly the first time let alone just giving people some pointers, but yes 8 glasses of water a day is recommended. I honestly drink nothing but iced tea and have had good results i'd say even great results, probably would hit that 5% body fat mark if i stopped with the sugars Xp

slackx

Veteran
you should actually eat 6-8 small portioned meals a day to speed up your metabolism.. Thus the food you put in will not be sent to fat storage it will be used as fuel... cut out breads, cokes and the bad carbs after say 4-5pm after work if you do indeed work.. If you have workout equip use it.. light weights high reps, to start... peace..

sackO

All great advice!! Their are many different opinions on what meal plan works the best - the 4 a day works best for me and my schedule

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
A basic vitamin list:
You should already be getting all your daily vitamin needs from your diet. Fish Oil is the only suppliment worth taking. But whats this non-sense about a healthy diet causeing constipation?! If you are eating fruits and/or vegetables and/or whole grains with every meal, you will NEVER become constipated!

A basic diet list:

I'm sorry if I am coming off as disprespectful, but this is terrible advice!

Foods that are AWEFUL for you include:
-Excessive Sodium
-Excessive saturated fat
-ANY sugar!(except from fruit)
-Bleached white flour(this is whats probably causing your constipation!)

All of these things are found in most fast food.

I will definitely try the fish oil. constipation is a real issue and probably the reason I feel so bloated....
Fish oil(Omega 3 fatty acids) is not for constipation! But it does improve heart health, regulates cholesterol, supports a good mood, and improves your skin. Since fish is a premium protein(and protein increased your metabolic rate) the ideal way to get your fish oil is not to take a pill, but eat a serving of fish everyday.

A healthy diet rich in fibrous foods like vegetables, fruit, and whole grains is going to prevent any type of constipation, ever.

A great "cheater" product that will help is called Lipo-6 hers. I have put many people on it with great results, it's pretty much a caffeinated fat burner it makes you feel good.It's pretty exspensive shit but it does work it's about $50.00.
If you can exercise everyday and learn what healthy diet actually consists of, you will get vastly superior results to people who pop a pill. Most suppliments are total bullshit. Diet and exercise are THE ONLY WAY!

Respect to the exercisers!

Latest posts

Latest posts