What's new

So...what's up today?

7thson

I think the grinder is the way to go.This scissor crap gets old!
This is my next purchase alongside a oil rig.

White Beard

Well, you can purchase a residential roaster. Rather expensive, or you can find a hot air popcorn popper. Some models are better than others, but essentially they swirl the green beans around an enclosed cup blasted with hot air. Roast to your desired level, empty into a sieve and cool down quickly. It makes a lot of smoke, only takes a few minutes and there is a learning curve to tell when the landmark timing points are. Freshest coffee in the world, man.
I got a hot-air corn popper a few years ago for just this reason...be careful which one you choose, mine won’t get hot enough to roast beans...no matter how long it runs.

For good cheap coffee, I recommend Kirkland Colombian Supreme, from Costco: vastly better than even the most expensive grocery beans, and half the price - 3lb bag of whole beans, $15US. They have big grinders for it in the stores.

St. Phatty

I got a box of Winchester Large Rifle primers that fit SO MUCH BETTER into all the 308 brass I have.

The last batch of primers was I think CCI. It was a hard fit.

My installation technique may sound alarming. I seat the primer manually and then tap the top of the brass with a hammer. When it's the right fit, that seats the primer enough that I can then use another tool to finish the press-fit.

With the CCI primers it was a little bit more like a Hammer than a Tap-Tap getting the primer started.

unregistered190

Senior
Veteran
Start of trim time here.....just bucking off fan leaves 9 days hanging....all good so far. First time for Bruce Banner 3 and am enjoying the smoke for sure. Let’s see what a nice cure brings to the table.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Evening all. Finally a break from my garden and decided to take Mrs Pute to the movies. The Mule. Great flick and right up my alley. Came home and been vegging since. Back to work tomorrow but today is mine....

White Beard

I’m driving a van 30 miles to load a bunch of heavy shit out of a storage unit, then driving 30 to unload it into another storage unit.

Went to do this yesterday, and to hand off some things of my daughter’s, but Spouse interrupted my getting out the door, started handing me things and telling me what to do with them. Ten miles and 20 min later, I realized I’d forgotten the box; turned around, retrieved it, got to my destination, texted my location, then went off to...discover that I’d put down the storage keys when she started handing me shit.

Then proceeded to wait three hours for the hand-off...that did not happen. Still in WTF mode....

I’m driving a van 30 miles to load a bunch of heavy shit out of a storage unit, then driving 30 to unload it into another storage unit.

Went to do this yesterday, and to hand off some things of my daughter’s, but Spouse interrupted my getting out the door, started handing me things and telling me what to do with them. Ten miles and 20 min later, I realized I’d forgotten the box; turned around, retrieved it, got to my destination, texted my location, then went off to...discover that I’d put down the storage keys when she started handing me shit.

Then proceeded to wait three hours for the hand-off...that did not happen. Still in WTF mode....

Didn't you just turn vegetarian recently? :biggrin:

St. Phatty

I think the grinder is the way to go.This scissor crap gets old!
This is my next purchase alongside a oil rig.

The sun works real good for getting buds that last yard across the finish line. of Crumble-ability.

But there is no sun now so I'm using the pot-on-the-stove-very-light-heat treatment.

There's about 2 grams of scissorhash on my scissors right now.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I'm fucking pissed that I can only visit my room during lights on (7-7). I'm going to move my flower tent to another room. My son can sleep on the couch when he visits. It's not his room anymore. :biggrin:

Mr.Miner

Good morning. Man, I feel twisted up like a pretzel after this week. Going for breakfast and a massage in a little bit. Then headed to vacuum my car out and treat the leather while I am at it.

I am making some travel plans for next year. I am in this 'if not now, when?' mode and I am digging it...

EsterEssence

Veteran
Getting some more much needed rain, It will be easier to dig the holes. I can't believe it's March already, still finishing the trimming, and it's time to think about planting already...

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Morning all. Gonna get dumped on. Winter storm warnings out for the next two days. I am making hash today since I won't be outside except to run the snow blower.

Miner, good luck on travel plans. Since building my cabin when I travel I go there. Place is kind of like a ball and chain. But, my dog gets to come so all are happy.

Ester, I was trimming for a week straight....don't have to do it again for a while. The life of a perpetual grower.

Tycho.....hope you son has a good nights sleep. Bwahahaha.

Almost ready for my first pull.....

packerfan79

Veteran
I'm fucking pissed that I can only visit my room during lights on (7-7). I'm going to move my flower tent to another room. My son can sleep on the couch when he visits. It's not his room anymore. :biggrin:

:biggrin: now you have an excuse to blowout the whole room.

Getting ready for my son's birthday party Sunday. 25 kids, 40 adults. I am hopeful for nice weather its suppose to be sunny. Gotta bbq 25 pounds of chicken and 4 dozen burgers. Inevitably I will "drop " a couple burgers for my pups. Gotta get to marinating that chicken.

St. Phatty

3 wrestling matches

1. fixed my 6.5 Creedmoor rifle with a lower swap.

2. tried to install a new video card, one of those cards that uses an 8 pin power connector. I think I need a bigger power supply, the current one is 650 watts and it just doesn't seem to have enough juice.

Got LOADS of exercise moving 4 different monitors around and trying about 6 different VGA-DVI-HDMI cables.

3. I'm on medical leave from the gym. My membership is on medical hold. Filled out a form.

But they tried to extract another $46 monthly fee from me.

It's pathetic when you have to call American Express to ask for help defending your finances from an aggressive YMCA finance person. The trick is taking a hot bath and not thinking about it.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Plenty of rain the past few days here. Tonight we are supposed to be in line for severe thunderstorms. The March Lion is coming.