What's new

Serious Seeds Chronic question for experts

gigante

Hey guys!

Just did a selection of ss-chronic. But what i found is a little bit mysterios. Got 10 good female plants. 3 of them have more or less compact buds, good yieldes but not really heavy. The other 7 are very fluffy. They look grat but have no weight at all, so really bad yielders. I grew them together with other strains which i know very well and these performed as expected compact and heavy). So what is the secret to get chronic fat and heavy? Maybe tons of PK13/14 or what should i do? Please help me...

Mr.Jones

pictures would help.

but chronic is not too dense from what ive experienced. it can grow huge buds and yield very well tho ...
maybe you harvested them too early?

Mr.Jones

yah well 63 days is a tight one - usually enough but who knows!

pictures would help

this is just what to expect:

biteme

your's will look similar when it is done and trimmed, mr. gigante. the bud will tighten up as it dries and cures. the disappointment with chronic is no punch. just finished a few white russians for the first time. this is a far better choice than chronic imo. peace-biteme

nyy27

Hey whats up gigante...

I've been over at Serious Seeds for a while now and I can tell you for sure that Chronic is an interesting offering. Of all the different strains from many different breeders I've had the pleasure of cultivating it's kind of intreagueing when one comes across a plant that doesn't like topping or FIMing... chronic responds varying if at all to this sort of training. The most success I've seen and experienced comes with a SOG type setup. Single colas allow for adequate spacing between plants and allow you to pack them in there. Chronic is a yielder outdoors but the climate and skill level have a lot to do with it.

Anyways, if you'd like more info check out Serious Seeds website...

www.seriousseeds.com

Hope this helps because Chronic is a great plant, Simon did a wonderful job with her!

Cheers NYY

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
What were your temps at? The top of that bud looks stretched out a bit. Possible sign that temps that were too high. Bud density, is also negatively affected, by high temps.
The Chronic I grew was a huge producer.

Bulldog501

im in no way a Chronic expert
only grown it a few times and from a single clone but she is a great yielder and has a good potency also for such a high yielder, better than Big Bud or similar
also a slightly better taste but the taste and flavor is where it lacks if you ask me
i had some who liked it and i must admit i kept it a few grows because it yielded so well and something has to cover the power expenses when the bill is due but most those i know who are also growing themselves wasnt very impressed even if they werent told what it was
but to an audience that just wants to get high for the buck she might be what you a looking for

Claude

Veteran
im in no way a Chronic expert
only grown it a few times and from a single clone but she is a great yielder and has a good potency also for such a high yielder, better than Big Bud or similar
also a slightly better taste but the taste and flavor is where it lacks if you ask me
i had some who liked it and i must admit i kept it a few grows because it yielded so well and something has to cover the power expenses when the bill is due but most those i know who are also growing themselves wasnt very impressed even if they werent told what it was
but to an audience that just wants to get high for the buck she might be what you a looking for

Hi,
The clone you had will be always the same taste, but if you grow from 11 seeds you may find a good phenotype to keep!

My 2 cents

Respect
Claude

gigante

@HYF temps are okay. between 20 and 25°C...

But are there types of plants which are fluffy? Because this bud with more density would be great...
So im asking me if i can optimze her feeding or something like that...

Claude

Veteran
@HYF temps are okay. between 20 and 25°C...

But are there types of plants which are fluffy? Because this bud with more density would be great...
So im asking me if i can optimze her feeding or something like that...

Hi,

You can try lower temp during the night, molasse would help to during the last 1/4 of the grow.

That is what I have in mind for now.

Respect
Claude

Hey guys!

Just did a selection of ss-chronic. But what i found is a little bit mysterios. Got 10 good female plants. 3 of them have more or less compact buds, good yieldes but not really heavy. The other 7 are very fluffy. They look grat but have no weight at all, so really bad yielders. I grew them together with other strains which i know very well and these performed as expected compact and heavy). So what is the secret to get chronic fat and heavy? Maybe tons of PK13/14 or what should i do? Please help me...

chronics garbage, grew it in the past, fluffy , hay like crap with a high less strong then commericial regs from mexico

Japanfreakier

Veteran
lol, I love this person going around and saying it's garbage, tastes like hay. I'll say it again, if it tasted like hay you can't grow. If I and my friends can grow chronic which tastes sweet and almost fruity, and your chronic tastes like hay what does that say about your skills? Too many people blame strains for their own shortcomings.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
When I grew Chronic, a few years ago, I found nothing fluffy about it.
Has Simon been tweaking things as of late.
The tweaking 'thing', really doesn't seem to help things. IMO.
Still a big Serious fan.

yes a couple tasted nice, a few had a very frosty look too but still kind ah sucked, its a bare decent high n wouldnt get floor space in my room even if the beans were gifted. i did have some tight nuggs, and some hayish ones, i thought i had two phenos but it ended up looking more like 3 maybe 4 in a six pack, i consider this sharing knowlegde not being neg, if u like this strain thats up to you.

_Haste_

It would help a lot to know what kind of setup you are running..
but here's what i've found in my experience with SS's chronic..

-requires a drop of pheno searching.. look for a plant that grows a gigantic main cola that starts development early in flowerring.

-is not a fan of training.. just let it do its thing.. but i find defoliation helps.. i guess thats a matter of opinion though..

-this plant excels in hydro.. all plants grow faster in hydro.. but this one happens to shine..

-Lots of light.. 1000wt hps if possible.. that's how you fill in those fluffy buds..

I hope that helps you bring in a monster harvest with your chronic cause the plant is definitely capable of it.. but if you ask me.. i would go with MNS critical mass.

Japanfreakier

Veteran
yes a couple tasted nice, big deal, a few had a very frosty look too but still sucked, its a shit high n wouldnt get floor space in my room even if the beans were gifted. i did have some tight nuggs, and some hayish ones, i thought i had two phenos but it ended up looking more like 3 maybe 4 in a six pack, i consider this sharing knowlegde not being neg, if u like this strain thats up to you.

Going into every thread you see Chronic in and saying it sucks and tastes like hay doesn't help anybody and is less than honest when here you are saying that you got some tasty nugs to. If you don't like it don't grow it.

japanfreakier congradulations, your my newest ignore list member, i refuse to have people ask for me to justify myself over n over again like my opinon rules there life, let it go like i let go seeing anything u right on the icc from here on out, telling me in several threads i didnt grow it right and this and that, the highs sucky in my opinon,,if u dont like it bother the other people that agree with me who havent blocked u yet :wave:

nugget i got u as well, thx