What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

OR tests microbial product claims and releases results

KIS

This was too important not to share in my opinion. The OR Dept. of Agriculture tested numerous microbial products on the market to see how they measured up to the claims on the label. The results were quite shocking.

You can read the article here:
http://odanews.wpengine.com/oda-finds-big-problems-with-little-organisms/

I've attached the results to this post. I'd give some recommendations for mycorrhizae or links but don't want to get accused of advertising even though I'm not the manufacturer. Hope this at least gets people in the right direction and saves some $ on products that may not be worth their price tag.

Attachments

• micro_2015_BP.pdf
    78.8 KB · Views: 39

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
This was too important not to share in my opinion. The OR Dept. of Agriculture tested numerous microbial products on the market to see how they measured up to the claims on the label. The results were quite shocking.

I've attached the results to this post. I'd give some recommendations for mycorrhizae or links but don't want to get accused of advertising even though I'm not the manufacturer. Hope this at least gets people in the right direction and saves some $ on products that may not be worth their price tag.

I knew that OGBiowar was bullshit...

None of them even come close to whats supposed to be in there. Its not surprising..

At least Botanicare gives you triple the amount they say!

EastBayGrower

Veteran
wow i wonder what Cap has to say about this, THNKS ABUNCH!!! i wonder how accurate these tests are cause its VERY ALARMING, i spend Wayyyyy too much on beneficals to be buying useless crap... real eye opener! THANKS!!!

i reposted the finding on caps section on that other site to see how he responds, im curious to see if any quality control is done, ive spoken to overseas producer before and even they admit its hard to tell the actual concentrations of microbes, this is looking like a crap shoot and your better off going with a known working brand instead of the highest labelled concentrtion you can find, cause this study shows that its total BS, they could put down a million ga-jillion Baccilus spp. and it doesnt make a difference... sad to see cap fall to this level but we're all human i guess..

EDIT: didnt even take an hour for mods on the other site to delete my posts nd thread in Caps forum, shit is a joke, they said they deleted them because i should send cap a pm, but people should know this!!! spread the word!

Last edited:

mack 10

Veteran

Great post. I always xpected lower levels and levels to drop while products are sat on the shelves, but hotdam!
those levels are embaressing to down right fraud.

mack 10

Veteran
10 Billion on the label... not detected!
I mean, come on??
wow, Cap and Advanced with some shocking numbers..

plantingplants

Haha. Wish they tested more!

Could someone explain what this person Cap has to do with this? Do they manufacture one of these products?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes, cap (capulator) produces/promotes the product OGBIOWAR

i also wish they tested more....
great share, thanks KIS

krunchbubble

Veteran
yes, cap (capulator) produces/promotes the product OGBIOWAR

i also wish they tested more....
great share, thanks KIS

Im positive there is a company in Oregon, maybe this one?? That tests nutrients for what they claim...

I couldn't find it on their website....

MileHighGlass

I emailed Dragon Fly Earth Medicine to see if they have a third party test proving what's in their natural mistik product. I sent them a link from the above tests.

Should be interesting.

KIS

Im positive there is a company in Oregon, maybe this one?? That tests nutrients for what they claim...

I couldn't find it on their website....

There's a myco product coming out of the giant pumpkin arena that claims 300 spores per gram of g. intraradices and their most recent tests show it at 500-600 spores/gram. I'd list it but since I found out about it I added it to my product list at our farm and website and don't want to get accused of advertising.

There are some good companies out there that are doing the right thing. Just buyer beware and do your research before accepting marketing claims.

There's a myco product coming out of the giant pumpkin arena that claims 300 spores per gram of g. intraradices and their most recent tests show it at 500-600 spores/gram. I'd list it but since I found out about it I added it to my product list at our farm and website and don't want to get accused of advertising.

There are some good companies out there that are doing the right thing. Just buyer beware and do your research before accepting marketing claims.

sounds like mykos

krunchbubble

Veteran

Its pretty obvious if someone advertises...

But to tell everyone about a great product that works is VERY encouraged here....:biggrin:

EastBayGrower

Veteran
Seriously, according to the test, the best two for baccilus spp. Would be myco-fusion hydro 110 and fruit yield enhancher by the people who make Cplus (which failed miserably also), some of those tested are under different.manufacters names so look closely.. Like myco-fusion no where said that, but thats what we know it as

MileHighGlass

From Dragon Fly earth Medicine. They are always more than thorough when I ask a question

our products were tested by OMP and Dept.of Or. Ag. They contain all that we say that they do , so that is why none of our products were pulled. We provide all farms our herbs and bacterias come from , although that is not a requirement. We get heavy metal tested every year and it is up to us to fill out the labels that we want for our customers. We spent a extra year and lots more money to list all ingredients. The label that is currently on our NM is exactly what it has in it. We pride ourselves on giving growers the correct info (because it is NOT required to list all ingredients, they would rather it say inert ingredients and put whatever you want in there). I believe our company is the only one that fought to list it all and then to write percentages that equaled 100% was also a challenge. Nutrient labeling is geared toward big Ag. And NPK. We wanted to go beyond that and list everything. It is a constant journey with the EPA. Our brilliant black HAD to have inert ingredients as our Lush Roots because they do not recognize fulvic acid as a plant food or nutrient, nor do they see zeolite clay as a plant food or nutrient (the clay that is used as a carrier for the fungi spores). Sorry this industry is filled with incorrect info and all you are doing to trying to know what is what. Our labels list the correct ingredients and if it changes,we change the label. There was a discrepancy in a post about patchouli leaf (so silly if you knew the extent of what is hidden in Ag. products). We used it (it is a great leaf to wash plants) and then could not find a constant source without raising our price in the NM. so it was cut. When we used it, it was in our label. Although, we could put anything in there and not tell you and just call it inert. But that is NOT the way we run our business. And, that is why we list everything (no other business does). If you do not trust our labels and integrity, you will have to get your own test just like anyone wanting to know what is in a labeled food product. If you are wanting to know something exact, I am happy to help you. Too bad the mis-informed people in this community are not focusing on the synthetics and companies that are hiding all ingredients. We pride ourselves in telling truths and working against the grain to get that truth out. Unfortunately any Dept. Of Ag. Does not share our truth. AND, if you really want to be blown away... Just find out exactly what a OMRI cert entails. Has nothing to do with whether it is organic or not. The .30 cent per lb. Alfalfa that is OMRI certified is beyond beyond NOT organic. We suggest you calling OMRI and finding out what "registered for use in organic agriculture" means. And the NOP and USDA allow synthetics in their organic standards, which is why we are not interested in getting our products certified. Everyone is comparing our prices to OMRI bulk bags when very little of those bags are truly organic. Do not believe what is floating around this very uninformed community. Do your own research. Dig deeper than just posted info and IG. If you have further questions, we are happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -DEM family

KIS

From Dragon Fly earth Medicine. They are always more than thorough when I ask a question

our products were tested by OMP and Dept.of Or. Ag. They contain all that we say that they do , so that is why none of our products were pulled. We provide all farms our herbs and bacterias come from , although that is not a requirement. We get heavy metal tested every year and it is up to us to fill out the labels that we want for our customers. We spent a extra year and lots more money to list all ingredients. The label that is currently on our NM is exactly what it has in it. We pride ourselves on giving growers the correct info (because it is NOT required to list all ingredients, they would rather it say inert ingredients and put whatever you want in there). I believe our company is the only one that fought to list it all and then to write percentages that equaled 100% was also a challenge. Nutrient labeling is geared toward big Ag. And NPK. We wanted to go beyond that and list everything. It is a constant journey with the EPA. Our brilliant black HAD to have inert ingredients as our Lush Roots because they do not recognize fulvic acid as a plant food or nutrient, nor do they see zeolite clay as a plant food or nutrient (the clay that is used as a carrier for the fungi spores). Sorry this industry is filled with incorrect info and all you are doing to trying to know what is what. Our labels list the correct ingredients and if it changes,we change the label. There was a discrepancy in a post about patchouli leaf (so silly if you knew the extent of what is hidden in Ag. products). We used it (it is a great leaf to wash plants) and then could not find a constant source without raising our price in the NM. so it was cut. When we used it, it was in our label. Although, we could put anything in there and not tell you and just call it inert. But that is NOT the way we run our business. And, that is why we list everything (no other business does). If you do not trust our labels and integrity, you will have to get your own test just like anyone wanting to know what is in a labeled food product. If you are wanting to know something exact, I am happy to help you. Too bad the mis-informed people in this community are not focusing on the synthetics and companies that are hiding all ingredients. We pride ourselves in telling truths and working against the grain to get that truth out. Unfortunately any Dept. Of Ag. Does not share our truth. AND, if you really want to be blown away... Just find out exactly what a OMRI cert entails. Has nothing to do with whether it is organic or not. The .30 cent per lb. Alfalfa that is OMRI certified is beyond beyond NOT organic. We suggest you calling OMRI and finding out what "registered for use in organic agriculture" means. And the NOP and USDA allow synthetics in their organic standards, which is why we are not interested in getting our products certified. Everyone is comparing our prices to OMRI bulk bags when very little of those bags are truly organic. Do not believe what is floating around this very uninformed community. Do your own research. Dig deeper than just posted info and IG. If you have further questions, we are happy to help. Have a fantastic day! -DEM family

Just FYI.....WA and OR both require heavy metals testing on all fertilizer products. This is not a unique requirement to DEM.

From what I can tell, they haven't been singled out or tested on any microbial claims, this is what the Dept. of Ag was looking at, not nutrient levels claimed vs actual. I don't even know if DEM products make microbial claims.

They are correct that much of what is in a product doesn't have to be on the label. Too much to explain here but a true statement. I know I had to fight to get all of my ingredients onto my label for the products we sell. If an ingredient doesn't contain NPK or another nutrient you are guaranteeing then it doesn't have to be on the label.

Lastly, I'm with DEM regarding OMRI. Not a good standard, they do allow some inorganic materials with their certification. They are just a group of people that got together and decided to make an independent certifying agency and start charging companies a portion of their profits to get their seal. WSDA or OR Tilth are much better certifications in my opinion. Or the CA one, which I'm working on right now, is crazy difficult in regards to restrictions and paperwork.

Latest posts

Latest posts