What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Organic Nutrients from General Hydroponics

LEDGro

Not too bad, thanks for the pic. I don't mind their logo, I just would hate it if the box had Hydroponics printed on all the sides for the world to see. Im not even growing anything "bad" and it still makes me nervous.

Thats probably why im still only growing veggies, the stress might kill me otherwise.

CaStoner

Got mine tonight not bad for $15.00 will use it on my current grow.
picture.php

onegreenday

Veteran
not good for hydro

not good for hydro

the GH rep said the nutrients r not meant
or not good for hydro.

Is that on the bottle?

I'd expect the bottle to say for soil grows if GH found they r not good 4 hydro........

indifferent

Veteran
Intersting that GH had a new organics line, in EU they have been selling an organic range for a while, but a different one - BioSevia.

biosevia_italgrow.jpg

biosevia_terra.jpg

CaStoner

rocket high

Veteran
i tryed the euro version bio-sevia .. yip no good for hydro i used it in my nft for a trial run ...it went off in a day or two with aeration via a air stone .. it stank like a swamp ..just for soil and coco i think .. :)

CaStoner

Well at least I can probably use the CaMg for my R.O Water the rest seems more hassle than it's worth, i'll just keep them in my collection, incase I ever go back to soil which is highly unlikely.

Omerta

the organic line isnt meant for recirculating or sitting in a reservoir for extended periods of time. it works great as a hand water, drip system, t-tape (need to flush the lines) and medium wise soil is ideal but coco works ok too and i imagine some other soil less mixes should work just fine.

biomarine is fish emulsion its like its own fertilizer im not sure where it would fit into a normal feeding regiment. feed it to fruit trues if your not going to use it

people are just ordering this stuff to stock pile it? its got a shelf life and its not long like the refined nutrients fyi

this is why most companies dont send out free shit by the way, people taking advantage

LEDGro

Just got my samples today, the bottles were way bigger then I expected! I feel kinda silly using this huge number of nutes on my veggies. Anyone know the shelf life on these babies? I doubt I will get through the batch very quickly.

I worked hard on my soil to try and minimize fertilizers but now I have a whole line on my hands. I have never ever thought about using this number of different fertilizers in my garden, it seems that lines this large must be for more "special" crops.

onegreenday

Veteran
did they send their catalog?
the online brochure has lots of info
do they say for hydro?
cause GH say they r not great 4 hydro.......

onegreenday

Veteran
Hummm, I wasn't aware of that on their site it said under organic soil and soilless feeding program.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/genhydro_US/feeding_charts/GO_MYSF-FeedChart.pdf

I haven't used any of it yet, still in the early flower stage. I send an email to the rep.

I notice they say no Ph adjustment necessary and Canna says the same for their vegan nutrients.

Just feeding the soil as they say but is there a Ph that is most advantageous for vegan/organic grows.

There must be a Ph range where they thrive..........

*mistress*

Veteran
ph down = acid, i dont think micro organisms enjoy acid
growing plants, not micro-organisms...

ph 5.8-6.2 seems best for plants... the gh bio thrive line generally adjust ph to 6.3-6.5... fnb goes to ~6.0 ph...

in either case, unless there is scope used to actually count & mng 'micro organisms', no way to prove/disprove their value...

can go entire season w/ absolutely no concern over myco/microbes & harvest perfectly healthy plants... no gardener harvests the micro-organisms, nor cares about them after harvest...

have found that there is no reason to have concern over them during season... the ferts feeds the plants, via cation exchange... plants absorb & process ions - not micro-organisms...

also, there are many, many, many types of micro-organisms, that survine & thrive under different conditions. hard to blanket prove that certain ph destroys them all... & if did occur, acquired nutes to directly feed plant... by-passing micros altogether...

enjoy your garden!

Omerta

alot of new members with these scientific sounding responses yet no pictures of any of their accomplishments makes me wonder how they come to these conclusions.

gh organic is intended for soil (soilless and coco mixes as well) and should not be adjusted with ph

just to reassure myself of this i checked the feed chart i got from the expo and on gh's site, both say adjusting ph is not nessessary. translation, dont fuck with the ph cause it fucks with the properties of organic nutrients

continue to post your entertainment purposes only posts cause thats all most of the posts on here have become, seeing nonsense spewed sure does annoy people who know what theyre talking about

onegreenday

Veteran
growing plants, not micro-organisms...

ph 5.8-6.2 seems best for plants... the gh bio thrive line generally adjust ph to 6.3-6.5... fnb goes to ~6.0 ph...

in either case, unless there is scope used to actually count & mng 'micro organisms', no way to prove/disprove their value...

thanks Mistress . I run what you suggest. I tested the Ph of my
soil/media after a recent run and noticed it was around 6.7 Ph.
It's a mix of frog, ocean forest, canna soil.

Would you suggest a lower Ph for my media;
by adding peat moss or something else?

thank you.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
I've tried Bio Root and Weed, both worked extremely well during veg. I had 3' plants in 3 weeks from 3" clones using these, Subculture B & M + GH 3 part. Strain was blue dream

*mistress*

Veteran
alot of new members with these scientific sounding responses yet no pictures of any of their accomplishments makes me wonder how they come to these conclusions.
magic!:artist:
gh organic is intended for soil (soilless and coco mixes as well) and should not be adjusted with ph
ph is most important part of input solution.
should be checked regardless of what mfg states.
& adjusted to whatever gardener determines is best for specific media & plants.
while the ph is stabilized, it can be adjusted...
just to reassure myself of this i checked the feed chart i got from the expo and on gh's site, both say adjusting ph is not nessessary. translation, dont fuck with the ph cause it fucks with the properties of organic nutrients
the label does not state to not adjust ph... even if did, if ph settles @ 6.5, maybe needs to be lowered to 5.8-6.2... plants should respond w/ answer, though...
nor
does the label state that adjusting the ph will alter the properties of the nutrients...
continue to post your entertainment purposes only posts cause thats all most of the posts on here have become, seeing nonsense spewed sure does annoy people who know what theyre talking about
not on icmag to make posters happy. but to share gardening concepts...
simply ignore *mistress* if annoyed...

please, also, make thread detailing Omerta's feeding regime & methods... so viewers can make own conclusions about what works... w/, or w/out pics...
thanks Mistress . I run what you suggest. I tested the Ph of my
soil/media after a recent run and noticed it was around 6.7 Ph.
It's a mix of frog, ocean forest, canna soil.

Would you suggest a lower Ph for my media;
by adding peat moss or something else?

thank you.
if plants are happy... let them be happy...
lowering ph of media ok, too.

gypsum seems to lower ph of media... as well as a media drench of ph adjusted water (&/or lemon juice/vinegar)... there is also granular humic acid...

hope this helps. enjoy your garden!

Germanator

I will be running this line my next run in a drain to waste coco room. I am a little hesitant to do as GH states and disregard the PH. I will post my findings when the round is done.

Latest posts

Latest posts