What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Really Cool Quotes

G

Guest50138

The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race.

-- Gough Whitlam (Former Prime Minister of Australia)

T

TrichyTrichy

"It can all start from a seed", El Presidente

"Aaaaayyyy" Sir Arthur Fonzarelli -who knew the Queen was a fan :dunno:

G

Guest50138

Here's another from the Boss with the lot...he dropped this one in the religious forums back in the day..Man's got style

.and he came down from the mountain and sayeth.....Hark I beseach ye!

...what dos't thou do for shits and giggles?

....and the earth shone bright.......the harvest did grow bountifull in the field and all was fine and dandy....

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
The punters know that the horse named Morality rarely gets past the post, whereas the nag named Self-interest always runs a good race.

-- Gough Whitlam (Former Prime Minister of Australia)

i like it... ^^^^

S

SeaMaiden

Excerpted from a speech given by Calvin Coolidge:

Persistence and determination, alone, are omnipotent.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

btw, the greatest profound thoughts & quotes come from citizens being oppressed by our leaders.......

I learned long ago not to take my cues from those already in power.

check the Anatole France quote in my signature, click on the link to read the entire quote and see how it applies to our fight for the right to grow our own medicine.

Here it is in full.......

Nowadays it is a duty for a poor peasant to be a soldier. He is exiled from his house, the roof of which smokes in the silence of night; from the fat prairies where the oxen graze; from the fields and the paternal woods. He is taught how to kill men; he is threatened, insulted, put in prison and told that it is an honor; and, if he does not care for that sort of honor, he is fusilladed. He obeys because he is terrorized, and is of all domestic animals the gentlest and most docile. We are warlike in France, and we are citizens. Another reason to be proud, this being a citizen! For the poor it consists in sustaining and preserving the wealthy in their power and their laziness. The poor must work for this, in presence of the majestic quality of the law which prohibits the wealthy as well as the poor from sleeping under the bridges, from begging in the streets, and from stealing bread.

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill.

sin-seed

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

-President George W. Bush-

sso

Veteran
"im a crook!", eh, wait, thats not it..

feels more right though and wouldave been the best and truest thing to come out of a mouthpiece penguin.

spurr

Veteran
(paraphrased) "I like your Christ, but I dislike your Christians for they are so unlike your Christ." Gandhi

nugghead

For good quotes, Teddy Roosevelt can't be beat:

There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy and its charm.

The nation behaves well if it treats the natural resources as assets which it must turn over to the next generation increased; and not impaired in value.

Only those are fit to live who do not fear to die and none are fit to die who have shrunk from the joy of life and the duty of life.

Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike.

If I must choose between righteousness and peace, I choose righteousness.

GP73LPC

Veteran
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

GP73LPC

Veteran
here's another

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson