What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RDWC ( kind of ) 400W Shiva Skunk grow log (newb+pics)

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
nice plant with a lot of bud!! ..i hope your big bud will be better-in potency-than mine. no taste at all, a stone effect with bad feelings
and terrible couchlock.i smoked this shit 1 year now and i can tell you
for sure, that is the worst strain i ever had..
..but now that i dont have something 2 smoke because all my jars
is emty, the big bud was super and money free..but is finished..klaps!!

the best market weed here is much terrible then my big bud..
such same... i hope you enjoy it!:tiphat:

Last edited:

erwingruber

switch to 12/12

switch to 12/12

@tjo
yes the bud of this plant is amazing i think that this single plant will outyield my 400w closet.
I count maybe over 20 huge buds .... can i have a sun in my closet.you are right for the Big Bud it is not the better smoke hope Shiva Skung is better.

Hello everyone ,
I have hard times drie out my big bud harvest cause i dry outside where the humidity these days reach 90% with heavy rain some times.Any ideas will be helpfull.

My 4 Shiva Skunk rdwc girls exploding drinking nutes like crazy and continue raising my ph
i ph down every day and keep it between 5,3 and 5,8 using maybe 2 ml fh ph down every day ,girls look fine.
I make small windows in the screen and i have hard times training.
I have a picture after training look like a mess but in 24 hours the bounch up and maybe 2 inches over the screen (5-7 cm).
I am thinking that i must switch to 12/12 really soon so i can handle the stretch need your opinion here.
Here is a pic of my messed up screen

picture.php

Your EC level is WAY to high. That was not any MG deficiancy or any other, that is classic nute nurn and nute lockout (and PH burn also..lots of PH burn on those pics which you are interpretimg as a defincancy). When you jack the ec levels like you did without waiting for the plants to respond, you get lockout which looks like a deficiancy, which makes the newbie grower add more and more thinking there is a deficiancy....classic

Your EC levels should go up SLOWLY during the growth period. You went from like 600 to over 1100....not good.....should takes weeks to get to that level going LITTLE by LITTLE...like maybe 150 jump in PPM at a time over WEEKS....not days.

You wanna keep your PH way lower, like around 5.5 no highere than 5.8 for hydro. Most of those nasty leaf pics are all PH burn/spotting.

You should have maxed out at around 1100 to 1500. What you did was not the way to find your plants limits.....

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
Your EC level is WAY to high. That was not any MG deficiancy or any other, that is classic nute nurn and nute lockout (and PH burn also..lots of PH burn on those pics which you are interpretimg as a defincancy). When you jack the ec levels like you did without waiting for the plants to respond, you get lockout which looks like a deficiancy, which makes the newbie grower add more and more thinking there is a deficiancy....classic

Your EC levels should go up SLOWLY during the growth period. You went from like 600 to over 1100....not good.....should takes weeks to get to that level going LITTLE by LITTLE...like maybe 150 jump in PPM at a time over WEEKS....not days.

You wanna keep your PH way lower, like around 5.5 no highere than 5.8 for hydro. Most of those nasty leaf pics are all PH burn/spotting.

You should have maxed out at around 1100 to 1500. What you did was not the way to find your plants limits.....

this picture shows a 1 month plant in veg..ec 1,8 and no probs
1 week now.:) ph is stable

picture.php

erwingruber

Hello icmages ,
Today i top off my system with 10 litres(2,5 gallons) of pure R/O water
and my ppm's was 850 from 1100 in 3 days time.I think that my girls drinking nutes like
crazy.i add some GMB with 4-2-1 ratio and push my ppms to 1180(.7) almost 1,7 EC
and i will se how the girls will react.The defiances or burns or anything it was disapear
and the girls looking 100% happy , exept one main cola that i break badly and i doubt if she is going to survive.
I break the cola trying to remove my scrog net and replace it with a new one with bigger
holes cause the first one net has too small holes and it was a pain in the ass for me and for my girls.
I finaly replace my scrog net and i am happy with the new one .
I think that i must switch the schedule to 12/12 cause my scrog net is almost at 75%
please give me your opinions on this.
Some pic udates follow.

Girls with the old scgrog net
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Girls with the new Scrog net after mess up with them and train them
picture.php

picture.php

Do you think that i must switch to 12/12 soon so i can handle the strech ?

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
nice looking plants.. its time to change your timer i think! :)

and why did you use 4-2-1???

sorry to hear about your broken cola...if your cola is not 100% she
recover for sure..

Trillion

I think you have enough canopy to get the full potential from 400w, how much of the container has the roots filled?

Im keeping an eye on this one as im looking to do small scale rdwc soon aswell.

fatigues

Veteran
Given your light footprint, you've just about filled in your screen. So yes, going 12/12 soon would be justified, imo. Within the week I think.

I would greatly thin the leaves out below the screen in the next week or so. It's diverting plant energy and not going to measurably increase your harvest if you leave them on.

erwingruber

@Trillion
My roots start touching the water @ 12-13/10 they r not even 20 days old .
The growth rates of this system is insane.
I have plenty of room inside my grow res i will give you a picture from the root ball
tommorow.
@fatigues
Yes i have in mind to make a triming under the scrog net the day i will switch to 12/12
and a second one on the second week of flower so finaly trim everything bellow the scrog net

5th

Veteran
Good idea to trim down the scrog net gruber, looks like it'll be much easier to pull/tuck/tie n' whatnot.

erwingruber

@tjo 4-2-1 ratio that i use is very close to your recipe and it is
the third weeks schedule of Useless formula (Google it "Useless formula")

Hello icmages ,
Today i train my girls once more ....... and i break one big fat top :(
ppm was 1140(.7) from 1180(.7) and ph 5,8 from 5,3.
Res temp vary from 19 to 21 Celsius without adding icepacks.
The girls look VERY happy even with my large ph swings.

Some brances are soo chrispy that it is hard to avoid breaking something
and when something breaks fluids run out from the stem.
It is my first hydro and i am amazed from the growth rates of this think and
for the difference with soil.
Anyway Tommorow i will make a res change & cleanup i will switch to bloom nutes
and i will flip to 12/12 schedule.
I hope that i can manage the stretch.

Some pic updates before i mess up with training
and some root pic for Trillion

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

green_thumb...

Strain Whore Extraordinaire!
Veteran
very nice dwc scrog!! shiva skunk looks nice to grow,and Id flip them now they look like they will have a decent stretch on them.

erwingruber

hydro growth rates !!!

hydro growth rates !!!

OK i know that i was acting like a child but today i was making a review of my pictures and i realize something that makes me want to make a huge yelling thread about "my" discovery.
DWC

Ok come on you are used to this growth rates but i am new and i just discover hydro.
i will never never never get dirt on my hands again.

I have some pics that make me realize the growth rates of hydro and i will post
here to share with you.All this happen in 19 days and one res change.

13/10/2010 roots hit the water

picture.php

picture.php

1/11/2010 just now realize the EXLPLOSIVE growth
picture.php

picture.php

tjo

life gardener
Veteran
@tjo 4-2-1 ratio that i use is very close to your recipe and it is
the third weeks schedule of Useless formula (Google it "Useless formula")

The girls look VERY happy even with my large ph swings.

i have read about this formula but i never try it..if you go with this formula i would like to see the resuilts.!

..the girls loves the ph swings!!

amazing first fydro grow my friend erwin...indeed!!:)
KEEP IT GREEN:comfort:

Doug_Marsh

Very nice erwingruber! Those things exploded. I can't believe how thick your roots are on those ladys. I'm thinking of making a little DWC table for my vegging clones and some basil I have in rockwool. What has your experience been with the roots tangling together? I'm sure as they get bigger the root intertwine, but how many week until you noticed you couldn't actually pull them apart?

erwingruber

don't speak to me when i am mixing nutes !

don't speak to me when i am mixing nutes !

OK can you please DO NOT SPEAK TO ME when i was mixing nutes ,
I was mixing nutes in my fresh R/O water and my partner keep
talking and talking ....

and in a momment i realize that i do not remember how much GROW
i add to my res.Hoping that i add 35 ml GROW i continue mixing nutes
with 6-6-10 ratio (Useless Flower first week schedule)
i complete my nutrient's mixing at 1240(.7) closely 1,8 EC.

Hoping that i mix with the corect ratio waiting to see some response from
my girls and i am ready for a new res change if the girls don't like the solution
I am planing to continue my grow toping off with 0-8-16 from lucas.
I switch my timers to 12/12 and i didn't manage to take cuttings.
Tomorrow i will take some cuttings and take care of my girls.

I also decide to stop training the girls and leave this work
for my partner cause those crispy girls break on me every time
i touch them.

@Trillion
I have no idea how the roots is going to be near harvest cause
it is my first hydro grow.
@Doug Marsh
i notice that you can manipulate roots for 2 weeks after they touch
water after that and especialy now (closing 3 weeks) i cannot
pull them apart without making severe damage.

Hoping that my girls survive with their new solution in their first long night.
Tomorow i will give you some pics from my clones to choose from them and
some pics of my girls.

Bonavendura

U have a nice grow here , stay focus when u'r adding nutes , by the way check the rootball off your left back girl i don't like the color of it

tricky1

I was away for a while, but now I'm back and I'm glad to see that you started to like to grow your plants and hydro-as did so great and beautiful!!
:tiphat: