What's new

Malawi feminized

Texicwaste666

Malawi Update new pics

Malawi Update new pics

here are some better pics with light and highlighted by my new 90w UFO, I'm gonna get another one for the front..no particular order here

20170717_225743.jpg

20170717_225755.jpg

20170717_225800.jpg

20170717_225808.jpg

20170717_225816.jpg

Texicwaste666

more pics

more pics

Day one, week 8, day 49 flower period

20170717_225944.jpg

these things are sticky
20170717_225922.jpg

these are the runty shoots that turned into buds
20170717_225857.jpg

shoots in back turning into buds
20170717_225854.jpg

love these Malawi
20170717_225851.jpg

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

thrips

thrips

I caught a few little fliers in my traps, so I gave all the plants a good spinosad drench this morn after the lights went off. They say it is not recommended for that but that is because it is not approved for medical cannabis yet. This stuff is locked out by coco so it never is really ingested by the plants, but knocks out thrips and other medium based pests for 30 days after drench. Good stuff, and is harmless to humans and pets. I use Capt Jack's Dead Bug Brew. Never let my grower friends down, it works. I don't do foliar spray at this stage unless emergency.

Texicwaste666

Couple of pounds of high protean buds coming for you my friend awesome work.
Tangwena
thanks for stopping in Tangwena, always good to have you drop in. They are coming along nicely now, a little bug prob to be dealt with, but other than that at half way point, hope it is smooth the rest of the way.

A

acdc

good news that you got them bugs in control things are now looking all good:)

Texicwaste666

a word of thanks

a word of thanks

Thank you to all the good people who have stopped by and lent a comment, advice and good problem solving help. I am just past halfway point with the Malawi, and all help through the rest of this adventure is appreciated. There are too many folks to name so thanks all. And hats off to dubi for all the hands on advice and help so far. It's amazing at all this great weed coming from those four little seeds.:tiphat:

Last edited:

Texicwaste666

not a lot of crystals

not a lot of crystals

the Malawi are strong, green, and lots of big buds , very sticky, good colors and smell, yet not much trichome activity. I mean they are there ( very small) but not the heavy crystals I would have expected by week 8 of flower, especially since they are so sticky. This being a long runner maybe they express themselves better later.
:moon:

Last edited:

ULMW

TW666, nice updates and glad all goes well. You are now just over the halfway stage and the most delicate stage is in full swing filling out the buds. Enjoy as the aromas develop along with they gummy resins and trichs. Happy growing!

deepwaterdude

Yep, that is one savage mass of malawi;) I'm glad to hear the worry start to turn to excitement. I had a fishing day like your grow recently; bored but content all day catching littluns and then wham, the ride of my life down a few hundred yards of river in tow of a big brown trout. Yeehaw, Tex, enjoy the ride;)

Texicwaste666

thanks DWD, it's a mass alright. I added another red LED UFO to finish the Malawi. There not many trichomes. The buds are forming out in crazy ways, and they are fat but there are not that many trichs. And the ones that are there are small. Plus, a lot of the ones I see look milky already. The Chems are still clear and look like i coated them in sugar., while the Malawi are not producing trichs very much. I need my loupe to even see them. They are big, healthy, lots of big buds, green, great smell, and sticky but no trichomes to speak of. Should I worry? This is day 52 for the Malawi's. Is this normal for them?

ULMW

No worries! TW666. You have two very different plants you are comparing. Chemdog is a quick flowering hybrid and designed for bag appeal as much as effects. I enjoy for back pain. However the tolerance is quick to build up with chemdog and OG Kushes for me. Old style Sativas tend to be less glitzy and showy regarding bag appeal. They even smell and taste in ways many find even unpleasant, I however love them for those unique dirty earthy connexions I get especially from Landrace sativas. The trichs will be plenty in the coming weeks. The Malawi is often 14weeks so I think you will notice the resin increase from this point onwards... Hold strong All will be well. You got great plants just step back and allow them to do their thing. Like how you adddd the UFO LED for more mixed light spectrum for the garden. Should show in your results. Happy growing!

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
agree... the best weed we have smoked in the last few years looked like dog-doo-doo - little smell, very leafy, but man was it good... u can't tell good/bad bud by looks...gotta smoke it...

Texicwaste666

No worries! TW666. You have two very different plants you are comparing. Chemdog is a quick flowering hybrid and designed for bag appeal as much as effects. I enjoy for back pain. However the tolerance is quick to build up with chemdog and OG Kushes for me. Old style Sativas tend to be less glitzy and showy regarding bag appeal. They even smell and taste in ways many find even unpleasant, I however love them for those unique dirty earthy connexions I get especially from Landrace sativas. The trichs will be plenty in the coming weeks. The Malawi is often 14weeks so I think you will notice the resin increase from this point onwards... Hold strong All will be well. You got great plants just step back and allow them to do their thing. Like how you adddd the UFO LED for more mixed light spectrum for the garden. Should show in your results. Happy growing!
thanks for the encouragement, I just like to get input so I know everything is right. I have never grown this strain before so it is a new thing for me.

Texicwaste666

agree... the best weed we have smoked in the last few years looked like dog-doo-doo - little smell, very leafy, but man was it good... u can't tell good/bad bud by looks...gotta smoke it...
Thanks for stopping by, and yeah, I know what you mean about crummy looking weed being killer, had a lot like that in Texas. You just don't know till you smoke it. But this is not crummy looking weed, i really like the way it looks, and when it is cured it will look even better. I love sativas too, more than indica. If you look at the pics on page 26, post 258, you will see that the colors of these are great. I was just commenting on the trichome development.

Last edited:

orfeas

Veteran
thanks DWD, it's a mass alright. I added another red LED UFO to finish the Malawi. There not many trichomes. The buds are forming out in crazy ways, and they are fat but there are not that many trichs. And the ones that are there are small. Plus, a lot of the ones I see look milky already. The Chems are still clear and look like i coated them in sugar., while the Malawi are not producing trichs very much. I need my loupe to even see them. They are big, healthy, lots of big buds, green, great smell, and sticky but no trichomes to speak of. Should I worry? This is day 52 for the Malawi's. Is this normal for them?

I had a voluminous heavily laden with fat buds Bangi Haze coupla years ago that produced almost no trichs...as if they'd been manched up by some sort of invisible critter...
never sussed out nor did I get any informative response at the time...funny aye...

:tiphat:Orfeas

Texicwaste666

I had a voluminous heavily ladden with fat buds Bangi Haze coupla years ago that produced almost no trichs...as if they'd been manched up by some sort of invisible critter...
never sussed out nor did I get any informative response at the time...funny aye...

was the weed any good?

Texicwaste666

No, man! weed without trichs is no bloody weed...

thanks man, I was afraid of that. I hope I don't end up with two pounds of shit that looks good, smells good, and don't do nothin'. I thought I'd see some thc forming by now . Oh well, I will follow it through all the way and see how it goes. The reason I mentioned the Chem making trichs is simple, if it were something to do with the nutes, it would have affected the chem to, at the least it would have been reduced, but it overflows with trichs. And all of the Malawi are doing this, even the shorter bushier one. I am not going to worry, it's day 52.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts