What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Neighbors

whatsmells

Figure out how the smell/smoke is getting to them in the first place. Smoke can't go through a sealed wall or floor. So unless you share a return air hvac duct with them or your bathroom exhaust fan is tied into theirs and back feeding into their bathroom the only way they could smell it is if the windows are open. You say you keep the air circulating so that could be your problem. A 6" grow fan with a charcoal filter would be your best bet sucking in clean air and exhausting out a different window with that filter. It sucks that you would have to go through that just so you can enjoy what is your god to do.

Ez Rider

Veteran
If you don't pay the water bill, go away for the weekend, and leave all your hot water taps running. Treat them to some cold showers for a change.:tiphat:

Ez Rider

Veteran
Start sending transexual prostitutes from craigslist to their place. Get a few pics, then complain to management/police:biggrin:

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Start sending transexual prostitutes from craigslist to their place. Get a few pics, then complain to management/police:biggrin:

Ha!

Nice one, see these people dont even realize how fortunate they are. They could have moved in next to this guy. :sasmokin: you got some good ideas my man. I pity the fool.

Ez Rider

Veteran
Ha!

Nice one, see these people dont even realize how fortunate they are. They could have moved in next to this guy. :sasmokin: you got some good ideas my man. I pity the fool.

I've dealt with this situation twice. In both instances, they eventually begged for mercy. I'm a pretty mellow guy, but if you get me to feuding, watch out! I prefer my revenge cold and calculated. Like another poster said "find their weak spot", then give it a good kick or 3:pirate:

GainGreene

No joking play this scenario out at your pad.... Neighbor always looking for you to do something just questionable not even out of your rights and quick to call the heavies. You guys talk that shit about messing with people physically/verbally or even pranking, these guys got the heavies on speed dial. Take notes, get along with your neighbors live happily if it gets to this point it's time for plan b. Going to county is not fun and very costly. Spread your wings and start fresh with less neighbors(aka rules).

Ez Rider

Veteran
No joking play this scenario out at your pad.... Neighbor always looking for you to do something just questionable not even out of your rights and quick to call the heavies. You guys talk that shit about messing with people physically/verbally or even pranking, these guys got the heavies on speed dial. Take notes, get along with your neighbors live happily if it gets to this point it's time for plan b. Going to county is not fun and very costly. Spread your wings and start fresh with less neighbors(aka rules).

Learn to crawl, and you may get hurt. At the very least, it's hard on the self-respect. If you can't get over without breaking the law, you're doing something wrong. If he was growing, I'd say "move asap". If the cops come, so what? The cops quickly tire of whiney assholes, especially if there's no crime being committed. All he's doing is smoking in his home, and he doesn't even need to admit to that. My experience with shithead neighbors has been that when they realize I'm truly enjoying it, they get scared and stop their shit, or move. If they try to shit on my life, I'll show them what shit is all about! Sometimes karma needs a helping hand.

Coba

Veteran
All the advise given to stoop down to their level is cray. Smashing things and stomping on the floor is childish. The best advise I've seen is to move. second is to get a carbon scrubber. third is to have a heart to heart but, seems that will be difficult.

Worse comes to worse, you can try to have them charged with harassment, mischief or disturbing the peace. In order to do that you would have to sneak a cop into your home and hope they start their shit and your porkchop bedfellows might not all be on your side.

St. Phatty

I love questions like this. :woohoo:

I would consider making friends with the people in the apartment above them, drilling a hole in that floor & the ceiling of the Hostile Asshole Neighbors, and then getting creative.

The first thing that comes to mind is, dripping some good oil into their drink or food so that they Chill Out.

Or, like in the movies, you could tap their phone line, the NEXT time they call the cops, they get your friend sounding like a cop, and a squad of cop look-alike's show up ... and incinerate a pound of fine weed in their living room, citing Code 420, the new "zero tolerance for pot nazi" guidelines.

Or you could write their phone number in the meth-iest part of town, make some popcorn, and stand back and see what happens.

Though that does seem a little over the top.

take the high road and live the high life

just ignore them, some people just live miserable lives, there is nothing you can do-its their freedom just the same as it's ours to live happily

OR

get a 3rd party prankster that no one could connect between whatever happens and yourself

Betterhaff

Veteran
take the high road and live the high life

just ignore them, some people just live miserable lives, there is nothing you can do-its their freedom just the same as it's ours to live happily
Agreed.

I would find a way to cover/filter the smoke and then act like anything they do doesn’t bother you. It may be hard and these folk seem like complete a-holes (the water sh*t) but escalation usually leads to more trouble.

Not sure what your relationship is with the landlord or what restrictions you may have but if you’re legal and it is OK with him he should be approached with the situation. That would be a last resort as I agree with the others here that believe the less known the better.

T

thesloppy

Sounds awful. Certain kind of folks look for this kind of conflict, and if it you weren't "bothering them" by smoking pot they'd likely find another reason to be up in your (or another neighbor's) shit. I could live with the attitude, but the shower thing is ridiculous, and would make me angry.

Unfortunately with miserable fucks like this you can't personally beat them or reason with them. They've already shown they're committed to fucking with you each and every day as much as possible when you try and act neutral, so there's no reason to think engaging or confronting them will somehow make them stop and/or respect you. To my eyes you can either deal with it, move or get someone with actual authority (cops/landlord/neighborhood mediator) to make them stop. Neighborhood mediators handle shit like this all the time and might at least be a good resource to start with that doesn't involve your landlord or law enforcement, and local resources might even have experience with medical marijuana users/laws.

Here's a search site for some community mediation resources:

http://www.nafcm.org/search/custom.asp?id=1949

Green Squall

All the advise given to stoop down to their level is cray. Smashing things and stomping on the floor is childish. The best advise I've seen is to move. second is to get a carbon scrubber. third is to have a heart to heart but, seems that will be difficult.

Worse comes to worse, you can try to have them charged with harassment, mischief or disturbing the peace. In order to do that you would have to sneak a cop into your home and hope they start their shit and your porkchop bedfellows might not all be on your side.

It baffles me that people keep saying just move. That might be a good idea if it was just a temporary apartment but not one where you have lived for the last 15 years. I sure as hell wouldn't want to be chased out of my home where I feel comfortable. Hopefully his neighbors will come around after a sit down.

Hey Pheed, any developments?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Accept visits from cops, no problem. YOW.. Move is the only option. Forget yr pride. Things change, Maybe it;s time to rent a house. If necessary find a roomate.

pheed

My neighbors continue their behavior even when I'm not smoking at all. I took a tolerance break for a whole week, and they just continue doing what they do. I do have carbon filters and a vaporizer and it doesn't matter. As I said before, it's the fact that I'm legally allowed to get high that pisses them off, period.

I should point out that I grow my own in a small tent in my bedroom with zero smell. I only mention this because I would really like to move into a new place where I can continue to grow. If anyone in the LA area has suggestions, please PM. I would love to rent space in a house with other growers. Just putting it out there...

Latest posts

Latest posts