What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nutrients after Transplant

Hello, currently on Day 30 of veg and everything is going well. Looking a bit root bound in their small pots so i moved my ladies into some 5 ltr pots.

However, the plants have been on nutes for around 2 weeks now. Since there is new soil in the pots they have been transplanted into does this mean there is enough nutrients in the soil to keep them going for a while. Or should i carry on with the fertiliser too.

Any help would be appreciated.

It really depends on your soil.In most cases I would say that you don't need to fert for a couple of weeks. Your plants will let you know when they are hungry.

Thanks for the response floroscroger i'll leave it a week or two before i start to introduce nutrients again. I just wasn't sure of whether i should be using them now or whether i should wait around.

Lady 420

matt_oates_11 said:
Since there is new soil in the pots they have been transplanted into does this mean there is enough nutrients in the soil to keep them going for a while. Or should i carry on with the fertiliser too.
Look on your soil bag for ingredients. Alot of store bought soils have a fertilizer sprayed onto the soil. (called a starter charge) This lasts about 1 watering. You should not be using soils that say "ferts last 3 months". Ocean forest soils, for example, have enough bat poop and crab crap to last about 2 1/2 weeks. If your soil lacks any nutrients, you begin ferting right away. No sense waitin' around...we need buds. :D

Last edited:
G

Don't forget your plants need some time to rebound after a transplant! You need to wait till the roots start to grow into the new pot. I say water for 4-7 days and then very low nutes and work up to what ever strength. Key advice just give them at least 4 days to adjust and then not full strength.

Latest posts

Latest posts