What's new

Nutrients after Transplant

Hello, currently on Day 30 of veg and everything is going well. Looking a bit root bound in their small pots so i moved my ladies into some 5 ltr pots.

However, the plants have been on nutes for around 2 weeks now. Since there is new soil in the pots they have been transplanted into does this mean there is enough nutrients in the soil to keep them going for a while. Or should i carry on with the fertiliser too.

Any help would be appreciated.

It really depends on your soil.In most cases I would say that you don't need to fert for a couple of weeks. Your plants will let you know when they are hungry.

Thanks for the response floroscroger i'll leave it a week or two before i start to introduce nutrients again. I just wasn't sure of whether i should be using them now or whether i should wait around.

Lady 420

matt_oates_11 said:
Since there is new soil in the pots they have been transplanted into does this mean there is enough nutrients in the soil to keep them going for a while. Or should i carry on with the fertiliser too.
Look on your soil bag for ingredients. Alot of store bought soils have a fertilizer sprayed onto the soil. (called a starter charge) This lasts about 1 watering. You should not be using soils that say "ferts last 3 months". Ocean forest soils, for example, have enough bat poop and crab crap to last about 2 1/2 weeks. If your soil lacks any nutrients, you begin ferting right away. No sense waitin' around...we need buds. :D

Last edited:
G

Don't forget your plants need some time to rebound after a transplant! You need to wait till the roots start to grow into the new pot. I say water for 4-7 days and then very low nutes and work up to what ever strength. Key advice just give them at least 4 days to adjust and then not full strength.

Latest posts

Latest posts