What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Impeachment Of Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannavore

Veteran
If we didn't have illegal aliens driving down wages, your argument would have some validity. If my family lived under a system like that, we would be homeless, or living with family. I wouldn't have 2 vehicles, and a fairly nice home. My kids would never know anything outside of the village they were born in.

It should be an income tax, or a consumption tax not both. You do realize these countries are scaling back the benefits you claim are so wonderful.

Do you think they are going to reduce the taxes also? Or just reduce the benefits?

While I do think higher education can be a good thing. Not everyone wants to wear a suit an tie every day and spend their lives behind a desk. When you use taxes to provide free college, the middle and lower class are subsidizing the upper income classes. This is my main contention with Liz Warren's eliminating student loan debt. The poor pay for the wealthy. If I don't go to college, I get to pay for some one who did. I know you are big on college, which is a good thing (outside of activist studies, and other useless majors). We still need construction workers who are some of the most skilled workers we have. I know carpenters who do math that would boggle the mind of many engineers. I know plasterers who know how sand , lime, and cement will react to differing conditions better than the chemist who created it. I know electricians who make most engineers look like dolts. These people don't have degrees but are integral part of the economy, and have useful skills. Why should they pay for entitled idiots who want to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to learn about lesbian dance theory, or liberal arts.

Trump had nothing to do with Congress raiding Social Security. The fact is Social Security is an insurance against old age. Unless we start having many more children Social Security is doomed. As your generation starts to retire, it will collapse. This is a dickhead thing to say, but it's true. The vast majority of the problems we have in America are the responsibility of the Baby Boomers. Time to sit back and let generation x fix the shot you guys fucked up. Yes, you are going to lose the money you put into social security. That's not our fault, it's yours. You want a retirement, you should have had more children, and raised them to be hard working responsible people. Instead you raised a generation of pussies.

Hard times create strong people who create good times, good times
create weak people who create hard times. Its cyclical.
Social Security could easily be fixed by lifting the cap on taxable income. It's literally just another way that the elites wealth is protected.

I make $113k a year, I pay into SS on all 100% of my income.

You make 1,113,000 a year, you pay into SS on your first $113k and the other $1,000,000 goes scot free totally untaxed.

Sounds legit. Just another way these slimeballs shift the tax burden onto the normal folk.

M

Mr D

Briefly, I don't pay premiums so all that juggling about the average premium and standard deduction don't apply to me. My employer pays 100% of my premium and I'm considered to have premium healthcare.

So the 4% income based premium would cost me $3k based on my taxable income.

Which of the other things addresses corporate income tax loopholes? Let's not pretend that after we plebes get saddled with new taxes that the rich won't be able to avoid taxes like they always have.

How about cutting spending to finance this plan. Why do working people always have to pay for non working people? Why should I pay the related health costs of people who make poor lifestyle choices. I don't want to pay alcoholics to get a new liver or fat lazy Doritos eating gamers type 2 diabetes treatments. Also don't want to pay for the side effects and adverse reactions of most prescription drugs.

The media has greatly slowed coverage of Bernie in favor of Biden and the DNC is not going to put Bernie on the ticket. He's an old sell out who faithfully carried Clinton's water.

Our first national poll taken after Biden announced his bid has him well ahead of the Democratic field with 39% to his closest rival at 14% for Sanders.
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/cnn-poll-2020-democrats-04-30-2019/index.html

M

Mr D

Certainly the deeply entrenched power which rules to the benefit of the rich will all bow down to Bernie and his wonderful policies if only he becomes president.

Cannavore

Veteran
Briefly, I don't pay premiums so all that juggling about the average premium and standard deduction don't apply to me. My employer pays 100% of my premium and I'm considered to have premium healthcare.

So the 4% income based premium would cost me $3k based on my taxable income.
but then wouldn't you fall into this option? since you have employer based hc?

"7.5 percent income-based premium paid by employers
Revenue raised: $3.9 trillion over ten years.
Businesses would save over $9,000 in health care costs for the average employee under this
option
In 2016, employers paid an average of $12,865 in private health insurance premiums for a
worker with a family of four who makes $50,000 a year. Under this option, employers would
pay a 7.5 percent payroll tax to help finance Medicare for All – just $3,750 – a savings of more
than $9,000 a year for that employee.
During the four-year transition period to guarantee health care as a right, millions of workers will
have the option to transfer from their employer-provided health care to the new Medicare for All
system. As workers shift into the new system, employers will be required to pay either 75
percent of what they are currently paying for health care costs for each of their employees who
enroll in Medicare for All, or the 7.5 percent payroll tax, whichever is higher.
An employer’s first $2 million in payroll would be exempt from this premium protecting small
businesses throughout the country"

Which of the other things addresses corporate income tax loopholes? Let's not pretend that after we plebes get saddled with new taxes that the rich won't be able to avoid taxes like they always have.
https://berniesanders.com/issues/de...nd-wall-street-pay-their-fair-share-in-taxes/

"At a time of massive wealth and income inequality, we need a progressive tax system in this country that is based on the ability to pay. It is unacceptable that major corporations have paid nothing in federal income taxes, and that corporate CEOs in this country often enjoy an effective tax rate that is lower than their secretaries. If we are serious about reforming the tax code and rebuilding the middle class, we have got to demand that the wealthiest Americans, large corporations, and Wall Street pay their fair share in taxes. When we are in the White House, we will:

-Pass the For the 99.8 Percent Act to establish a progressive estate tax on multi-millionaire and billionaire inheritances.

-Eliminate offshore tax scams through the Corporate Tax Dodging Prevention Act.

-Tax Wall Street speculators through the Inclusive Prosperity Act.

-Scrap the income cap on Social Security payroll taxes through the Social Security Expansion Act so that millionaires and billionaires pay more into the system.

-End special tax breaks on capital gains and dividends for the top 1%.

-Substantially increase the top marginal tax rate on income above $10 million.

-Close tax loopholes that benefit the wealthy and large corporations.

How about cutting spending to finance this plan.
Ending the war on drugs, closing loopholes, m4a, cutting military spending would cover this I'd imagine. m4a studies show we'd save $5 trillion bucks over a 10 yr period. We don't need to cut anything to fund medicare for all. This is why I keep saying it's cheaper.... The numbers are written on the wall. We are paying from 2016 to 2026 $49 trillion dollars for our health care system. M4a numbers fluctuate but most show we would save anywhere from $2 trillion to $5 trillion in that same 10 yr window.

Why do working people always have to pay for non working people? Why should I pay the related health costs of people who make poor lifestyle choices. I don't want to pay alcoholics to get a new liver or fat lazy Doritos eating gamers type 2 diabetes treatments. Also don't want to pay for the side effects and adverse reactions of most prescription drugs.
this already happens under our current system. people and employers who pay premiums are paying them in case you need it.. same thing a m4a system would be except there wouldn't be profits skimmed from what should be allocated to furthering our health care system in general.

The media has greatly slowed coverage of Bernie in favor of Biden and the DNC is not going to put Bernie on the ticket. He's an old sell out who faithfully carried Clinton's water.
the media never covers bernie. doesn't change the fact he's absolutely crushing the field so bad that CNN and others are now releasing fake polls showing Biden is in the lead. of course there is going to be opposition to him, just as how there was opposition to trump and i'd argue the media only served to drive people further into trumps arms due to their own corruption and stupidity.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
You don't read very well.

Earlier I referred to pre Regan taxes. There is a direct relation between the era of the rich not paying taxes and the demise of American productivity. Guys like you aren't a piss hole in the snow compared to the top tenth of one percent having most of the money in this country tax free. So stop feeling so bad for yourself and think of those 320,000. Better yet, think of the 3,200 (.001%) that control most of the money and don't pay a dime in tax. These are the people that need to pay up big. Your buddy trump is chief in charge of them screwing the rest of us

Calling me a looser just shows your ignorance. By most peoples measure I have had amazing life, more so in experiences but I didn't do too bad financially either. I did it with an education that I paid for myself. By the way, I have the tools, skills and the knowledge to build a New England house myself. Further, I have worked as a union worker (Teamster) for years. So don't tell me about your union friends because your brand of politics is as anti-union as it gets.

My brand of politics is the best thing that could happen to your kids and the next generation. They would actually get a fair chance at an accomplishment based education that could take them places. I don't think you would have stupid kids but they might be disagreeable like you.

Your complete lack of self awareness is unbelievable. You completely refuse to recognize that in fact you are demanding my generation and future generations subsidize your generations failure.

By the way no plasterer has ever sat and watched plaster dry. They would be fired on the spot. Especially on a union crew. You think people are lazy like you, not in the trades. You don't walk, you run.

I think providing the building of America is quite an honorable endeavor. I find it appalling that you minimize the contribution of hard labor, in the building of this country, and the world in general.

It would suck ass if you didn't have a house to live in in those New England winters. :freezing:

We could actually agree on a few things, but you are determined to believe that I have a responsibility to make your life better. But you have no responsibility to fix your own life. I am not the one with my hand out, you are.

minds_I

Veteran
It's been 3 weeks since you made this prediction. Any idea when the subpoena's are coming?

Hello all,

Dude, subpoenas have been issued..dirty donald, the transparent one, has sued to block them.

And more to come.

Do your own homework.

minds_I

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There's still going to be supplemental plans that will cover more. We have that already. HC4A would be a 80/20 plan. Adding some extra coverage would be a good idea. I would need to see how the insurance industry prices these plans when HC4A happens. I'm sure they will not support HC4A.

igrowone

Veteran
another turn of the screw
but who's screwing who?
Trump has now proclaimed that Mueller should not testify
guess he's consistent, no one say anything to anybody
the barn door has been open a while though

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
He will obstruct for as long as he can. As long as Trumptard supporters believe his lies he will continue to narrate the story for them. They will gladly bend the knee.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Trump had nothing to do with Congress raiding Social Security. The fact is Social Security is an insurance against old age. Unless we start having many more children Social Security is doomed. As your generation starts to retire, it will collapse. This is a dickhead thing to say, but it's true. The vast majority of the problems we have in America are the responsibility of the Baby Boomers. Time to sit back and let generation x fix the shot you guys fucked up. Yes, you are going to lose the money you put into social security. That's not our fault, it's yours. You want a retirement, you should have had more children, and raised them to be hard working responsible people. Instead you raised a generation of pussies

Packer; Your statements caused me to do a little research. Generations - populations and such. I was surprised at the spread given to the boomer demographic...1946 to 1964. I had thought it was more restricted to post war child producing. I do have to agree that boomers born in that later segment; say 58 to 64 appeared to do some pretty poor child rearing.
I'm familiar with this because I worked as a pseudo-psychologist with many of these kids. The parents made the mistake of trying to be a friend and not teaching their kids to swing a hammer, etc.
That is what I did; reform juvies by teaching them to build, farm, cook.

However, in general the earlier segment (46 to 57) did not seem to produce that many lazy clueless kids. These would be kids born in the 70s, early 80s. So now in their 40s; early 50s.
Almost every person I can think of personally in that age group is a responsible hard working tradesman or professional (college trained).
[Some divide into Gen X and Y]
Apparently statistics state that boomers themselves were workaholics (PEW research).
Something else which surprised me is that the Millennial population outstrips the Boomer population so I guess that means the social security system will carry you after all. Good eh?

You did say one thing that is very smart. If the US would implement a flat tax on everyone over a certain income level all problems would be resolved - be it 15 or 30%, whatever the math equates.

You should not worry about people receiving welfare. All their money goes right back into the local economy, especially if drugs are legalized.

Your attitude about people bringing poverty on themselves really needs a shake. Many people are born into poverty and never find that brass ring to grab to climb out. If there were free college courses, even 2 year trades programs, that might just be the hand up.

picture.php

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Trump says Robert Mueller shouldn't testify before Congress after saying he would let Barr decide.

Then, dirty donald heard on fox from Democratic Rep. David Cicilline that he is working on arranging Mueller's testimony, possibly as soon as a May 15th.

Hmmmmm?

minds_I

Attachments

• you-scared-bro-you-sound-scared-you-scared-bro-35896715.png
    you-scared-bro-you-sound-scared-you-scared-bro-35896715.png
    90.5 KB · Views: 12

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Packer; Your statements caused me to do a little research. Generations - populations and such. I was surprised at the spread given to the boomer demographic...1946 to 1964. I had thought it was more restricted to post war child producing. I do have to agree that boomers born in that later segment; say 58 to 64 appeared to do some pretty poor child rearing.
I'm familiar with this because I worked as a pseudo-psychologist with many of these kids. The parents made the mistake of trying to be a friend and not teaching their kids to swing a hammer, etc.

However, in general the earlier segment (46 to 57) did not seem to produce that many lazy clueless kids. These would be kids born in the 70s, early 80s. So now in their 40s; early 50s.
Almost every person I can think of personally in that age group is a responsible hard working tradesman or professional (college trained).
Apparently statistics state that boomers themselves were workaholics (PEW research).
Something else which surprised me is that the Millennial population outstrips the Boomer population so I guess that means the social security system will carry you after all. Good eh?

You did say one thing that is very smart. If the US would implement a flat tax on everyone over a certain income level all problems would be resolved - be it 15 or 30%, whatever the math equates.

You should not worry about people receiving welfare. All their money goes right back into the local economy, especially if drugs are legalized.

Your attitude about people bringing poverty on themselves really needs a shake. Many people are born into poverty and never find that brass ring to grab to climb out. If there were free college courses, even 2 year trades programs, that might just be the hand up.

View Image

I whole hardily disagree. Don't lump us all into that. There's bad parents everywhere. Baby boomers are not prone to being a bad parent because of what year they were born. Bad kids turn into bad parents because of there upbringing or mental issues. Punishing your kids properly goes a long way. This included gettin your ass beat. Not all kids turn out good no matter what kind of up bringing.

Millennial's have more issues than I ever saw when I was young. Violence was never as bad as it is today. Seems like no one can fight with there fists, take a beating and live with it. You win some you lose some. The kids today will come back with a gun to kill you for losing that fight.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I whole hardily disagree. Don't lump us all into that. There's bad parents everywhere. Baby boomers are not prone to being a bad parent because of what year they were born. Bad kids turn into bad parents because of there upbringing or mental issues. Punishing your kids properly goes a long way. This included gettin your ass beat. Not all kids turn out good no matter what kind of up bringing.

Millennial's have more issues than I ever saw when I was young. Violence was never as bad as it is today. Seems like no one can fight with there fists, take a beating and live with it. You win some you lose some. The kids today will come back with a gun to kill you for losing that fight.

fair enough. just what I experienced. As pointed out to me they are not really boomers anyway. The bulk of those parents seemed to pamper their kids.

I think a lot depends where you grew up as far as your violence statement. certainly easier access to guns now.

packerfan79

Veteran

View Image

The issue is the baby boomers didn't have enough children to sustain social security. They also started the decline in fatherless homes, church attendance, they produced the activist generation of the late 60s and the 70s. While their were very noble causes, when people are focused on activism they tend. Lose focus on responsibilities. It was the start of the decline.

If nothing less they didn't provide enough people to sustain the programs that are in place. Thus we get to go bankrupt supporting them. Of course when it's my turn to collect social security, we will be stopped by austerity measures. No country in the world has the resources to bail out America the way Italy, and Greece have been bailed out. That failure will be heaped upon mine, and my children's backs. No one is going to bail us out. We have to provide for ourselves.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The issue is the baby boomers didn't have enough children to sustain social security. They also started the decline in fatherless homes, church attendance, they produced the activist generation of the late 60s and the 70s. While their were very noble causes, when people are focused on activism they tend. Lose focus on responsibilities. It was the start of the decline.

If nothing less they didn't provide enough people to sustain the programs that are in place. Thus we get to go bankrupt supporting them. Of course when it's my turn to collect social security, we will be stopped by austerity measures. No country in the world has the resources to bail out America the way Italy, and Greece have been bailed out. That failure will be heaped upon mine, and my children's backs. No one is going to bail us out. We have to provide for ourselves.

What a load of hooey mr peckerfan. Tell me. Is not a decline in fatherless homes and people not doing stupid things for religion good?

Did you not catch that the millennials outnumber the boomers? Looking at the graph my math says the boomers gave birth to many of them, right? What does that say about your hypothesis?

packerfan79

Veteran
What a load of hooey mr peckerfan. Tell me. Is not a decline in fatherless homes and people not doing stupid things for religion good?

Did you not catch that the millennials outnumber the boomers? Looking at the graph my math says the boomers gave birth to many of them, right? What does that say about your hypothesis?

Their was decline in society, with an increase in fatherless homes and a decline in religion.my miss typing. The decline in religion, is not a good thing. Religion , all religion keeps communities and families strong. You can demonize religion, but it is a good thing for society.

In 1945 their were 41 people working for every retiree. Now their is less the 3 people working for every retiree. So, no we are not fine. You can't seriously expect 3 people to support the same number of people, that 41 people supported in the past. I don't expect you to get it. It doesn't support your ideology, so, it must be wrong. Otherwise you would be wrong. As we have seen here time and time again, if you are on the left you just can't be wrong. Lol.

oh and I got your pecker right here microman.

Mick

Veteran
Depends on what rocks your boat. The sixties were a reaction to war mongering (think Vietnam), racism, misogyny, environmental destruction, blah, blah.
Try telling all the children that have been abused by priests and ministers (the conduits to your sky god), how good it is. Religion has been at the root of most of the evils in this world for forever.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Their was decline in society, with an increase in fatherless homes and a decline in religion.my miss typing. The decline in religion, is not a good thing. Religion , all religion keeps communities and families strong. You can demonize religion, but it is a good thing for society.

In 1945 their were 41 people working for every retiree. Now their is less the 3 people working for every retiree. So, no we are not fine. You can't seriously expect 3 people to support the same number of people, that 41 people supported in the past. I don't expect you to get it. It doesn't support your ideology, so, it must be wrong. Otherwise you would be wrong. As we have seen here time and time again, if you are on the left you just can't be wrong. Lol.

oh and I got your pecker right here microman.

citations? You disagree with the millennial population? I'm not left, I can just do math.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts