What's new

Will Trump get impeached short before he leaves?

Absolem

If FB is where most people get their "news" then we might as well commit mass suicide.

About as sad as people who got/get their news from the tabloids.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The reason I took exception is because there is no trial. The whole thing is presented and overseen by lawyers, yes, but it’s not a trial. The idea that the impeachment in and of itself means nothing is a significant cultural slip from the days of the founders. It’s a *problem*, and I wanted to underscore the fact that at the time of the constitution, impeachment was not a dry technicality, it was a serious blow to a person’s character and standing in the community. Those things don’t mean anything anymore, but it was intended to be a permanent slap in the face, a mark of disgrace. That’s what Franklin, Jefferson, Hamilton meant it to be: the shameful end of a public career.

We think the Senate has the only important role because they decide on punishment. Sure; like I said, things have changed, but this ought to be the “mark of OJ” on him for the rest of his life; it’s kind of tragic that the moral weight of the House of representatives is so weak. I think it’s a sign of our corruption, our drift from the vision we still pledge allegiance to - but that’s probably just me.

I’m not wearing you out about this, I hope you know that...I just think it’s a real important thing to be clear about. I was motivated. Didn’t mean to jostle you.

No your not. I just dont like getting quoted for something I never said. IMO the Senate still has what they call a trial its listed as presidential impeachment trials or Senate Impeachment Trials . This is there exact process and how it goes down.

In impeachment proceedings, the House of Representatives charges an official of the federal government by approving, by majority vote, articles of impeachment. A committee of representatives, called “managers,” acts as prosecutors before the Senate. The Senate sits as a High Court of Impeachment in which senators consider evidence, hear witnesses, and vote to acquit or convict the impeached official. In the case of presidential impeachment trials, the chief justice of the United States presides. The Constitution requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate to convict, and the penalty for an impeached official upon conviction is removal from office. In some cases, the Senate has also disqualified such officials from holding public offices in the future. There is no appeal. Since 1789, about half of Senate impeachment trials have resulted in conviction and removal from office.
https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/common/briefing/Senate_Impeachment_Role.htm

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yup,he could be screwed,turtle neck isn't whipping the vote against impeachment this time and has apparently said trump deserves it...

add a dash of rudi doing his fine lawyering and trump is fucked!

igrowone

Veteran
perhaps we finally have our Brutus in the 21st century version of Caesar
what a ride these last 7 days will be, if it is 7 days
Trump dragged out of WH in chains?

HGCC

Waiting with baited breath or whatevs, but my cynicism of anything happening to either the insurrection folks or trump appears misguided. Will see how it rolls.

redlaser

Veteran
My moneys on Rudy sneaking him out in the middle of the night in a white Bronco, with the resulting highway chase scene

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhh - without villain's - we can't have hero's - so now they have to make a hero outta Joe - that'll be interesting - lol

- or is Joe already a hero - having saved America from the alleged nasty villain - and rescuing her from an oncoming locomotive?

picture.php

*<heavy Hammond Organ music>

igrowone

Veteran
and youtube is suspending Trump uploads for the next 7 days
the cone of silence over Trump is pretty much complete
perhaps he will just disappear after the 20th

h.h.

Veteran
Ahhh - without villain's - we can't have hero's - so now they have to make a hero outta Joe - that'll be interesting - lol

- or is Joe already a hero - having saved America from the alleged nasty villain - and rescuing her from an oncoming locomotive?

View Image

*<heavy Hammond Organ music>

Trump is Nancy’s bitch. Biden isn’t a hero, but he will get back to running the country instead of reacting to every cock and bull conspiracy he can come up with.

h.h.

Veteran
If trump is removed and Pence becomes President , will Pence get full Presidential retirement?

Asking for a friend.