What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dwc vs flood and drain. Og, cookies, cheese, amnesia and more...

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
NIce man that makes sense about potential. but flood to drain or in my my case drip to waste is super easy compared anything were u really have to watch water temps so closely.

Im hoping to pull atleast 2 or 2.5 off my four 600's because deep sleep is fucking me up. it super potent and gonna b breeze to trim but i wish they would have let me no like " yo this doesnt yeild for shit"lol im sure they wernt determined on selling me one $10 clone. but w/e im a newb so im sure its not entirlley their fault lol. W/e theres always next time im shooting for 3-4 with all chem and four 600's sorry to clog ur thread man

Hope you get 3 or more bro. The po4 is great product but if you set your hopes high for yield you might be sad haha. No worries about clogging the thread im here to learn too. Has chem yielded well before for you??

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin killer dude. You got a kick ass setup goin on over here. I wish I was running something like that. I'm running some GS Cookies myself. Just got her from a buddy.

Thanks man it took some refining the project over the years. I used to be all soil organic guy. I still like organic product so i use some organic stuff but id never go back to flowering without a hydro setup. Hope you gsc is legit I've seen so many ppl get burned including myself. If this cut i have is bunk i give up on her but im 99% sure this one is real.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here we have a small update. The dwc is going insane. i didnt get a chance to do all my lower stem removal. ill be doing that soon i should have already. the og is stretching insanely as usual. here we are 15 days in. gonna need their second trellis soon, which will be awkward as hell to put in.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
F&D

F&D

And heres the flood and drain update. just a few budshots at 37days.
A couple cheese:

GDP(purpin up a bit):

Amnesia Haze:

Tahoe OG:

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well the dwc is killing it at the moment, so much so that the og got so freakin tall i had to top the middle plants.......16 days in. Had the lights 12-14 inches away the whole time to try to reduce the stretch. Probably isnt too bad but id rather not top at all mid flower. Within the first week isnt too bad but after two weeks im worried that my yield could be reduced under that light now. Shiiiiit

hobb3s93

Dam dude nice update, u really got me thinking bout setting up a tray in ur dwc style.
How many days do u tend to take ur og's?
whats ur water temps for dwc?

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Its insane. They jump up faster in stretch and the buds get fatter. I didnt anticipate that at all last time. I needed to be more aggressive about supercropping/pinching stems to reduce their overall height. More lsr would have helped too along with a more even canopy and a larger footprint.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So, the flood and drain slabs are doing really well. They are 49 days in and they are swelling up. Taking them to 63. Im liking MOAB more than any hardener ive used so far. for the price and its effectiveness its incomparable. The DWC is set up way better than i did the last time i ran it. My light(hopefully) is far enough away from all the og this time and the footprint is bigger and denser. Very excited. Posting photos of everything shorty.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheese and Sour D

Cheese and Sour D

Cheese:

Does this look like ECSD @ 49 days in??:

Why does this stuff look so wimpy? Barely any smell or trichs. I figured id get some fuel smell already.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DWC update @ 27 days

DWC update @ 27 days

Heres the OG light. So packed and spread i have a good feeling about the yield here.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
DWC update @ 27 days

DWC update @ 27 days

The crazy uneven canopy leading to the other misc light:

Buddha Cheese:

An updated photo of the cookies(hope its real):