What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor No Till Deep Soil Bed

Shantij

Does anyone have or know of a recipe for notill that uses coconut coir instead of peat-moss? Or can I just replace the peat-moss using any of the good notill recipes?

moses wellfleet

Veteran
Why would you not want to use the peat moss? I am about to try a recipe that uses coir as well as peat moss can send a link if you want?

Remember peat moss introduces biological life to the soil!

Shantij

Does anyone have or know of a recipe for notill that uses coconut coir instead of peat-moss? Or can I just replace the peat-moss using any of the good notill recipes?

Aphotic

Keep in mind that peat moss has a far better CEC than coco, which is why its preferred in notill mixes, that being said you can just exchange one for the other in a recipe if you'd like. If you're looking for a recipe just go with CCs mix or Jays, both are stellar IMO, as are many others. I'm currently using an alteration of CCs mix. As moses pointed it you get the benifit of some biology with peat as well which is nice. Neither peat or coco are very expensive, if you're worried about the environmental impact of peat, environmentally reasponible peat is available, but look at it this way, with notill you're going to be using it long term, unlike traditional cannabis cultivation. If you still decide to use coco a soil recipe with bentonite and other high CEC ingredients would be a good idea.

Good luck

Latest posts

Latest posts