What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre 98 Bubba Kush vs. Bubba Kush?

Relentless

Veteran
I need to know which to pick.. I wont have this opportunity again..
Ive heard the pre 98 bk doesnt stretch hardly at all and doesnt yield much, and the newer bk yields much more and looks/tastes/smells/etc. exactly the same..
is one more colorful than the other?

what are the pros and cons of each?
pics would be awesome, but whatever is appreciated.

here is a pre 98 (93 even apparently) BK:
BubbaK2-day46.JPG

BubbaK3-day46.JPG

dkmonk

I think you would want to go w/ the pre 98, because it is the true bubba that everyone thinks about. It would be like wanting to see the rolling stones for the first time and just seeing a rolling stones coverband.

I haven't grown bubba but have seen a lot of reports and from what I have seen you can pull moderate yield from it if trained properly.

Just my two pesos

Agreed with dkmonk - its not going to win any yield awards, and ultimately I dont really care about big yields as much as quality and effect, but I have been happy with it's output. Top it early and it will bush out nicely, I pulled a bit over 2 ounces off a reasonable size indoor plant on my first run with the early BK.

I havent had either, but i would like the one everyone is refering to, so my opinion can be put in the same heap, but the right heap ;)

toasted1

get the pre 98 :smokeit: you can always make crosses from her but u cant make her from a cross ;)
also her yeild can be decent with a good veg time /enviroment :yes:

stay safe
:pimp3:

ElGato

Veteran
i'm runnin' both the pre98 and the katsu bubba , i've run the pre98 before quite a few times, but this is my first katsu run and i must say she looks better than the pre98 at 5.5 weeks

katsu bubba
2h33ndi.jpg

mj

Anima

I have only got to try the "pre 98"
Rock hard nugs with a REALLY distinctive smell. HARDCORE couchlock. The "fuc-it-all" quality of the high can be good or bad depending on your situation.
picture.php

I should have cut her off earlier and she would have purpled up more:
picture.php

this one is at 55 days flower.

Peace and kindness
-Anima

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
I was under the impression the the Katsu just yielded better. But the pre98 is more potent. I think they produce the same amount of resin but the Katsu on bigger buds therefore seeming less potent.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
I grow the Katsu. It's awesome weed. I don't know if thats what you're referring to as "regular bubba" I think the pre98 should probably be the regular bubba if anything. The Katsu craves P in flowering and will turn all shades of purple if she doesn't get it. but the yields will be affected. stays green and yields a lot better with lots of P in the mix. It sucks if you have to pick one. I'd love to grow both side by side. It's good to hear that the katsu is out performing the pre98 in at least one garden though!

grimweeder

man, i can only dream of growin or smokin that shit id settle for either of them as i cant get any as im stuck in the uk.
no bubbas over here but the crappy greenhouse fake hack.

SuperHemp

man, i can only dream of growin or smokin that shit id settle for either of them as i cant get any as im stuck in the uk.
no bubbas over here but the crappy greenhouse fake hack.

I live in Norway and have had cuttings shipped from the states no problems... they root easily too, i think the process going on in the envelope helps rooting. Usually these mailed cuttings root in like 3-4 days compared to 6-7 for cuts off live plants

spring fed

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would get both if I were you. Not the best yield, but a decent veg time helps. I was gifted a selfed pre-98 that I prefer over both the Katsu and Pre-98. Heavy, heavy selection on the S1. Best of luck to you. The attached photos are Katsu 9 weeks in soil.

Attachments

• IMG_0033.jpg
    IMG_0033.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0025.jpg
    IMG_0025.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 20

Relentless

Veteran
fn killer pics guys! keep the posts coming! id love to see bubba crosses too! ive seen burkle and blackberry bubba, bubba x og, etc..

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Here's an example of what the Katsu Bubba looks like when given enough P in flowering. Chunky nugs and green as can be. Yes she's pretty when she's purple, but you're trading color for yield!

dmt

Veteran
bc bubba: sfv kush x (og kushxbubba kush)

bc bubba: sfv kush x (og kushxbubba kush)

i got the cut through a friends firend, this is my first run but i gave out some cuts before growing it and the result is a spectacular neon green product with a creamier(bubba) bottom then the og. the taste is the same, less sour, more soft cream. ive seen it in hydro and dirt the final result is big yield, big potency, big smell. just what my doctor ordered. i cant guarantee the authenticity of its lineage, but its definitly a bubbs of some sort or another. it girths twice its mass in the last 2 weeks as it ripens. very fat squat fat tops. il share bus shots in 65 days, d

oops, sorry, blue widow on the right by accident, my bubba on the left. and both sides of the bw are the bk love this bubba

ps, i was told its sfvogxbubba kush, not what my title syas

Attachments

• DSCF1090.jpg
    DSCF1090.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF1091.jpg
    DSCF1091.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts