What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advancing Eco Agriculture, Product Science

slownickel

ICMag Donor
Veteran
View attachment 451811

Hey Slow, if you are around can I get an opinion?

Ignore the ghetto irrigation. But see that leaf. Do you recognize the defect?

Bottom only so definitely mobile element. Occurred after I fixed P. I know by checking top tissue vs bottom Mg is high but not crazily.

But maybe I never knew how low Mg can be. So right now that is my thinking. But I would appreciate a second opinion.

Did you check the rest of the elements as well as the Mg? If so, let's see the results. Hard to say what you mobilized with that P.

jidoka

I am well down the road from adding the P. Fortunately I was pretty well balanced other than that. Stuff started yellowing. Plant metabolism flat changed.

Been chasing it for a minute. Finally got it green but I know I am leaving something on the table

But I will tell you something you already know. The closer you get the less strains fall into that “needs something different” category

Anyways a little bit of micro tweaking to do. I can’t post results someone else is paying for. I was just curious if you recognized it by sight

jidoka

5CF9AE2A-3AD4-4D82-88C8-8BD816A04321.jpg

Just for fun...here is one consequence of enough P in moms. You get mostly this

prune

Veteran
I am well down the road from adding the P. Fortunately I was pretty well balanced other than that. Stuff started yellowing. Plant metabolism flat changed.

Been chasing it for a minute. Finally got it green but I know I am leaving something on the table

I've had that, you can green it off but its going to finish red with yellow veins if you run it hard. Just like Slow says, you can't make up for lost time. Anyway, maybe that's a clue?

Our growth cycle is so rapid, its hard to negotiate the fast turns optimum nutrient profiles require with this method without lowering the ceiling.

jidoka

This is an excess, not a deficiency for certain.

I always check to see co2, light levels, temp and humidity and tailor to that.

This is bottom leaf only

Edit...this grow pushes every single one of those “environmental” factors. Lowest per pound $ I have seen. I want more

WingzHauser

Is anyone around still using these products? I was searching to figure out why the application rates from AEA are so low and ended up here.

Edit: Upped application rates, it dropped pH a crazy amount. I thought that I caused precip by raising pH with silicate first and carbonate last. Traced my problem to zinc glycinate, as the same thing happened with another batch minus the carbonate, glycinate was the common thread. Took out the amino chelated trace minerals, no precipitation. Now I'm trying to figure out why that happens. I'll be replacing amino chelates with citrates and going foliar until that's resolved, glycinates smell too much to spray.

Speaking of smell, Im extremely annoyed at the repulsive growth on soil surfaces using AEA microbes. The growth that damped off all my starts. Really annoyed. I've never had a nasty bitter medicine smell from beneficial fungals before, and have a method that was foolproof against damping until this weird Tainio fungus came along, it grows as the surface dries, not when wet, and attacks seedlings and young clones. The smell every time I water is so repulsive and bitter, I'll be tossing whatever product is responsible and tossing the soil, it's that bad (only a couple yards). So far Spectrum PSB and Biocoat have done nothing. Seedlings and clones still start out rough. Roots look worse actually.

Depending on what the application rates end up being with AEA ferts, this stuff is gonna be up there in costs. The math worked out to less than 1ml per gallon irrigation and I knew it was too good to be true.

Last edited:

ThreeLittleBirds

We listened to the talk around AEA years ago when they first started. Many products with quality ingredients, but packages which blew their lids in transit because of microbial activity. Good products, but John Kempf is misguided on too many topics to put stock in his product line. Once the fad moved on to a different salesman we stopped hearing about AEA here. Last post 5 years ago speaks volumes.

Latest posts

Latest posts