What's new

A Guide to Fishsticks

Montuno

...como el Son...
I know we have a few other people from Michigan posting here.

I have an 11 month old female Presa Canario that I need to find a home for. She is a good dog with adults but has threatened my 5 year old and we cannot keep her. She will end up being around 100 lbs. Is very athletic. I have all of her papers and she is up to date on her shots. If any of you know of someone who would have a good home for her please get ahold of me. She is good with other dogs at the dog park but I assume she would not back down if challenged. She would come with a large kennel. Her price is very negotiable. I have almost 2000 invested in her. I have her papers and can have her breeder have them transferred over to a new owner.

She is a sweet and somewhat rambunctious dog. Loves attention, is mostly obedience trained. I hate to see her go.. But obviously the safety of my kid is far more important. If anyone is interested please research the breed to see if she is right for you. I believe as far as the breed goes she will end up on the smaller side.

Bonita Presa, y del tipo "barcino", que decimos aquí... Es de un Afijo (criadero oficial) español ?
Te cobraron 2000 $ dólares por ella?!? Debe tener un pedigrí importante, si realmente los vale.

Antes de nada, me gustaría mandar un mensaje a todos los amantes de los perros : Pensaos mucho la elección de vuestro perro si solo deseáis una mascota de compañía. Elegir razas entre cuya principal función zootécnica sea la guarda-defensa-ataque, puede ser un camino al desastre si no disponéis de conocimientos adecuados... Y más si son perros de líneas europeas de trabajo...
En el caso de el Presa Canario, ésta sería la versión de trabajo, y el denominado "Dogo Canario" sería la línea para compañía... Un perro tipo "Dogo Canario" de un Afijo de E.U.A. puede ser casi idéntico a uno "Presa Canario" español por fuera...pero al primero a "le han sustituido su motor interno de Ferrari F1 por otro de un utilitario familiar"...
Una vez dicho esto:
Amig@ bocotafarmer, no debería haber ningún problema entre tu perra y tu hija en condiciones normales, aún estando adiestrada en defensa y ataque real. Yo también poseo perros de guarda/defensa/ataque, y vivo con una niña de 6 años.
Estas llenado a clases de obediencia con, supongo, un profesional. Debes contarle lo que te sucede para que te ayude. La obediencia es solo solo una herramienta que de por sí
no sirve para nada si no trabajas el intervinculo: la perra debe respetar a tu hija por dos vías : por su intervinculo (amor/respeto) a ti, que le hace aceptar tus ordenes; y por el intervinculo que debes crear entre la perra y tu hija...
Os aconsejo a ti y a tu Instructor de Obediencia que os informes sobre el Adiestramiento Cognitivo-Emocional, método oficial con que se adiestran en España a los perros guías-lazarillos oficiales, así como a perros de intervención policial y militar.
Si tu educador/adiestrador no puede ayudarte, es simplemente un farsante más

Quizá sabiendo más del caso, la cosa tenga fácil solución. Pero si estás pagando a un adiestrador/educador profesional, eso es lo que debe trabajar con tu perra.

​​​​​Nice Prey, and of the "barcino" type, what do we say here ... Is it from a Spanish Afijo (official kennel)? They charged you $ 2000 dollars for it?!? It must have a significant pedigree, if it is really worth it. First of all, I would like to send a message to all dog lovers: Think a lot about the choice of your dog if you only want a companion pet. Choosing breeds whose main zootechnical function is guard-defense-attack can be a path to disaster if you do not have adequate knowledge ... And even more so if they are dogs from European lines of work ... In the case of the Presa Canario, this would be the working version, and the so-called "Dogo Canario" would be the line for company ... A "Dogo Canario" type dog from an E.U.A. it may be almost identical to a Spanish "Presa Canario" on the outside ... but the first one has "had its internal Ferrari F1 engine replaced by another from a family utility vehicle" ... Having said this: Friend @ bocotafarmer, there should be no problem between your dog and your daughter in normal conditions, even if she is trained in defense and real attack. I also own guard / defense / attack dogs, and I live with a 6 year old girl. You're filling obedience classes with, I guess, a professional. You must tell him what is happening to you so that he can help you. Obedience is just a tool that in and of itself It is useless if you do not work the intervention: the dog must respect your daughter in two ways: by her inter-bond (love / respect) for you, which makes her accept your orders; and because of the inter-bond that you must create between the dog and your daughter ... I advise you and your Obedience Instructor to find out about Cognitive-Emotional Training, the official method with which official guide-guide dogs, as well as police and military dogs, are trained in Spain. If your educator / trainer can't help you, they are just one more phony. Perhaps knowing more about the case, the thing has an easy solution. But if you are paying for a professional trainer / educator, that is what your dog should work with.

Mis mejores deseos para ti y l@s tuy@s.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Montuno
52479EF4-F9A3-4326-8580-799C77E8504E.jpeg

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:watchplant: yup,i should have white truffle soon,and runtz...and animal cookies...and some cake thingy...i can't keep track anymore of the desert strains

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’m currently running Platinum Kush Breath it’s phenomenal try to get some pictures soon

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I am currently on day 9 of not smoking any herbs. I have had lung damage since I had covid in March. Probably should have done it sooner but I'm the bullheaded type of pothead. But I finally came to the conclusion I like breathing the right way and riding my bike hard more than I like being stoned all the time. I figure I'm creeping on 50 and have spent around 2/3 of my life completely ripped. A little change can't hurt.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ojo a cómo se seleccionan aquí los cachorros de Presa Canario para trabajo (a los 3 minutos y 20 segundos...)

Be careful how the Presa Canario puppies are selected for work here (at 3 minutes and 20 seconds ...)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=weRwnEFTmhk

I think the breeder I got mine from selected from the dogs he happened to have and nothing more. If he did actually select for particular traits I would guess size was his primary goal. Her parents were bigger than most of the working presas I have seen pictures of.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Ojo a cómo se seleccionan aquí los cachorros de Presa Canario para trabajo (a los 3 minutos y 20 segundos...)

Be careful how the Presa Canario puppies are selected for work here (at 3 minutes and 20 seconds ...)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=weRwnEFTmhk

Definitely part my fault. I have had pit bulls and olde English bulldogges that have been great family companions and I had no idea how extremely different the personality of the presa is. If I did not have small children she would actually be a great dog. I was doing a great job at teaching my 5 year old to be doninant by having her be the one who feeds her and let's her in and out and they seemed to be bonding very well. My wife took the whole family on vacation for a week while I stayed home. And when she got home it was as if we needed to start the training with my daughter all over. And we just cannot have a pet the had any chance of hurting my child.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am currently on day 9 of not smoking any herbs. I have had lung damage since I had covid in March. Probably should have done it sooner but I'm the bullheaded type of pothead. But I finally came to the conclusion I like breathing the right way and riding my bike hard more than I like being stoned all the time. I figure I'm creeping on 50 and have spent around 2/3 of my life completely ripped. A little change can't hurt.

Wow what a coincidence! I think I’m on day seven stone cold sober and I think that is good news because I haven’t felt this good in years I was getting worried thinking I was sick with Covid & feeling like crap ,totally fatigued so I need to make sure it wasn’t something else… pretty sure it was all the concentrates :whip:ha ha….. i’m sleeping better I have a much better appetite , more energy, more enthusiasm and a much more mentally stable so go figure…getting the booster tomorrow morning..Also I should mention that my dreams have come back full steam in Technicolor spectacular vibrant & vivid:wtf:

Latest posts

Latest posts