What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sacred Seeds Skunk #1 in 1980

Koondense

Veteran
Amazing guerrilla spirit Madjag, maximum respect. Your vintage cannabis pictures are great, they make me want to be older now:)

I'm subbed!

soserthc1

just tagging up on what has the beginnings of a true classic thread ....

Like graffiti on Jim Morrison tombstone

Madjag

Veteran
Thanks for the great reception. I'm visiting NJ and Manhattan for Christmas and will post some more when I return.

Notice how the original SK#1 was NLD.....very Sativa dominant. The hybrid structure fueled the flower stacking and many of the plants were almost self-pruning in respect to the larger fan leaves. We averaged 6.8 oz per plant across both gardens that year.

Unfortunately we were novices when it came to genetics and didn't know how to examine our crop from the perspective of visible phenotypes of which there were several once you look through the photos. Smoke-wise it was all dynamite and didn't require separating into quality lots. Anyone that got some was dazzled and a minor claim to fame was a friend who gave Mick Jagger an ounce with our MadJag label on the zip-lock baggie. For guys in their late 20's it made our day.

Fly by Night

Like a Wing
Veteran
Love seeing them vintage pics.

If 1980 stirs a fond memory, strap up your rainbow suspenders and let your thoughts escape

banner1.jpg

Azaghal

Veteran
Thank you very much for sharing pictures and information about the history of Skunk #1, Madjag !

I totally agree with the opinions expressed by previous users in this thread.
It is a pleasure to get a glimpse into the past of one of the most, if not the most influental and widespread THC-rich cannabis variety of the world and ýour posts are indeed a very valuable contribution.

Please feel free to share more pics and infos about the history of Skunk #1 from your Archives if possible.

I might be mistaken and if so, feel free to correct me,
or if the attached photos are improper please delete this post
but I was wondering if page 6 in " Hashish!: Updated Second Edition" by Robert Connell Clarke in the Color Section,
has maybe some relation to your previous posts ?

This came to my mind when reading through this thread and I just thought it would be nice to share it.....
Anyhow thank you very much for the insightful information and pictures about Skunk #1, Madjag.

Cheers

Attachments

• DSCI0467.jpg
    DSCI0467.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCI0470.jpg
    DSCI0470.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 68

ElRubio

Veteran
Wowowowow
gorgeous and historical pictures you got there Madjag...Thanks a lot for sharing and posting them for us all!!!

I bet a great movie could be done inspired by your adventures...some AZ young folks collapsing the marijuana market hahaha.

Best vibes, and thanks again sir!

Madjag

Veteran
Wowowowow
gorgeous and historical pictures you got there Madjag...Thanks a lot for sharing and posting them for us all!!!

I bet a great movie could be done inspired by your adventures...some AZ young folks collapsing the marijuana market hahaha.

Best vibes, and thanks again sir!

Dude, thank you. I have followed many of your posts over the last 4 years that I have been on ICmag and know that you have been there.....and back! Keep tuned on this thread as well as Old School Arizona. More to come. If I can get some more answers from Rob Clarke I'll be able to add even more. Perhaps Sam will comment, too.

Isn't a trip? Skunk#1 went all over the world in different homegrown crosses with a million different names. Today people like Mowgli Holmes who are doing the Cannabis Evolution Project at Phylosbioscience.com are investigating cannabis DNA and mapping the genetic origins by testing cannabis samples from around the world in order to find the actual sources of the 1,000s of strains with different names that might have the same grandfather or grandmother.

I have sent African genetic samples from a friend in Namibia as well as unique strains that have been nurtured for years by guerrilla growers in the southwest as my contribution in hopes that the genetic map that results will aid us all.

Let me know if you have any friends who do movies. We've been developing that script since 1979 hahahaha........

picture.php

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Good stuff!
Is there a such thing as real skunk anymore? Anyone had luck with anything being passed off as skunk these days? I'd love take a trip down memory lane with that real road kill stank!

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tagging up to follow along MadJag. Love the history. This was AZ canyon growing yeah?

cannanaut

Wow, what a thread. Can't wait to see more :)

How did the Skunk#1 smell back in 1979, more skunky or sweet? Looks like sweet sativa, yummy!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts