What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~Star~Crash~ All & Everything

TPFTFW

Veteran
it was way back but I lost my way, you had asked how I was doing when I popped in. its kinda been shit but still kicking.

I hope your doing ok, you ever crack those crazy sativa beans I sent your way really excited to see what you do with em. they're from 12' so might not all pop but should still get a few with hope
biggest beans ive ever seen and a sat no less

im still trying to get to those f2's shit kinda hit the fan for me a second my whole room basically died when I fell into a funk after some shitty news
everything's back on track now tho

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sometimes you just have to put 1 foot in front of the other I’ve gone through many phases like that in my life& right now I’m feeling a bit of pressure because the grow life is not so easy there’s a lot of responsibility it takes a lot of time and a lot of work to produce flower that’s becoming less and less valuable …there’s cheap weed all over the place & I’m at the point where more major investment is called for but I’m sitting on the fence about it today for example I have completely booked with spraying …and gotten away with not doing it the last couple grows but I’m seeing some spots of powdery mildew and if I don’t start spraying now I know what’s gonna happen later and this is a chore that I really really hate…Also I have a customer he’s been patiently waiting for this current NHx C5 Mango and the crop may not be to his liking for commercial viability because the flowers ran on me! Fuk … … I used to make four times as much and it was totally worth it now again there’s cheap imports all over the place !..Also I’m waiting for the state to establish their rules for issuing licenses there’s a chance I may qualify but God knows what the expense will be?Ain’t getting any younger

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It means that the actual flowers ran looser along the stems instead of coalescing into chunkier type of Bud’s

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can definitely produce top Shelf bud and I’m already getting the top dollar but I’m not earning enough money so I would have to produce like four times the amount …I’m sick of working cramped indoors totally maxed out for room which means I have to get set up better at the farmhouse… I might just give it a go…

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I can definitely produce top Shelf bud and I’m already getting the top dollar but I’m not earning enough money so I would have to produce like four times the amount …I’m sick of working cramped indoors totally maxed out for room which means I have to get set up better at the farmhouse… I might just give it a go…

If you quadruple production, will your market absorb it at the current prices? Recession coming, does dope sell better or worse in bad times?

Drumskinz

This time of the year is always tough no matter who you are…I think things will start looking better as we get into spring and summer…just keep doin your thing folks and rewards will definitely come

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There ain't no time to stash the gumbo or rattle around in a cage....

I agree ..but can I bust out successfully?
If you quadruple production, will your market absorb it at the current prices? Recession coming, does dope sell better or worse in bad times?
Prices are only going to go down it’s a question of what do I want to do for an income …certainly don’t wanna have to work for anybody else

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Naah, no job. Dispensaries are gonna need growers to supply product. Problem is, does the dope sold in NY state have to be grown there? And you will be competing with the connected and WS moolahs, as well as cuomo corruption. Watch CA to see where it may go.

I think the other aspects of growing have a niche. Good soil and compost for instance. You have the land and possibly much of the inputs there. Not a high dollar deal though. I am letting a tree guy dump shredded hardwood tops, that if I can get other inputs, will make compost/soil. With transportation costs so high, local is an advantage.

Last edited:

onavelzy

Veteran
I agree ..but can I bust out successfully? Prices are only going to go down it’s a question of what do I want to do for an income …certainly don’t wanna have to work for anybody else

If you weren't opposed to working for someone else, I'd say try for a similar consultancy-type position to what Unc is going to be doing. If complete independence is a primary issue, can you monetize what you know through social media, like youtube videos of your grows, teaching vids, whatever?

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Top shelf bud will prevail in NY. Imports are nothing impressive. We will be fine cranking out the above top shelf lol
the guy around here who peddles the imported machine trim rock hard no potency stuff is always looking for proper weeds. Damn hard to find unless grown by myself.

armedoldhippy

Veteran

drugs, cigs, alcohol, all of that is virtually recession proof. people will cut back on food, medicine, leave lights off, stop driving aimlessly around bored, they'll stop doing lots of shit. there are stock portfolios that invest solely on "sin stocks" because they make money no matter what.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
People buy cheaper beer and cigs, and they will buy cheaper dope too. The trick is to find high end dealers I suppose, who deal to the rich fuckers, and government workers. They just got a 20% pay raise.

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's Mac #1 coming in strong !
20220324_200724.jpg
20220324_200731.jpg
20220324_214430.jpg
20220324_214259.jpg
20220324_214148.jpg
20220324_214053.jpg
20220324_214002.jpg