What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Black Dog LED grow, hydro

Granger2

Veteran
Hey granger2,
The fans are quite. why do you ask? It is about the same as having my computer on. Maybe a pinch louder, but if there is any other background noise you would not be able to hear them. When i first got it i plugged it in my living room, you would not be able to hear the fans over the sound of the fish tank.
Sidd
Sidd,
I asked because some have said that some LED's have really loud fans. I'm glad to hear that the Black Dogs are quiet, because everything else about them seems to be the best on the market. Now, if I just had the money... Thanks. -granger

siddhartha

Updates 6.21

Updates 6.21

So I thought I posted this update but here are some pics. These pics were taking on 6.21.
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Sidd

siddhartha

I did a res change last night and will take a few more photos tonight. The soil side is looking really good to so i will grab one or two photos of them as well

Sidd

siddhartha

Updates 6.26 lots of good pics

Updates 6.26 lots of good pics

So I did the res change last night and things looked good. I had to raise my light even higher and that was kinda of a pain but got that done. Raised the plant cam as well. So here are the pics

These first to pics are for the HPS guys who say LED's can't "penetrate" whatever the fuck that means.

Notice how the fan leaves on the bottom of these 3+ foot tall plants are still nice and green 20 days into flower, that is because they are still photosynthesizing. Using all the available light the penetrated through the canopy

Some small buds are starting to form so the next weeks will be a little more exciting, stay tuned.

Sidd

siddhartha

My soil plants

My soil plants

I snapped a few pics of my soil plants growing under my other Platinum XL for fun again. It is a bit more exciting to watch buds form. Starting to look pretty good.

Sidd

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking great how far into flower are you in those pictures? Do your organic led grows require less nutes with this light than your hps? Thought I read that LED's use a little less nutes somewhere, but it sounded like a very generalized thing to say to me with different LED's on different brands.

siddhartha

Hey 40,
I use the same nute strength. This go is actually a bit higher EC than usual but i pushed them pretty hard in veg and they didn't show any signs of stress. On the soil plants you can see a bit of over fertilizing, that is cause i tried a no fertilizer recommended by a friend. Didn't like it so i switched back.
Sidd

40AmpstoFreedom

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Ok cool I am hopefully going to be able to rock some of these as soon as I have the $$$ to invest just wanted to make sure I did not need to change my mix at all. Hate trying new nutes you have a little N toxicity was why I asked, but no big deal we should be able to see just fine what these things can do looks very nice so far I am impressed where I was not even considering this couple weeks ago.

siddhartha

Ya that N toxicity is from when i switched fertilizer for those two watering. Was bummed by that. I should have know better. Oh well, never again. It also caused the Ghost and Diesel to have way more sugar leaves throughout the bud. They usally have very few sugar leaves and more dome shaped bud formation.

Sidd

siddhartha

I'm back

I'm back

So my place was put under mandatory evacuation for a few days, but the good news is everything is looking good. I will be doing a res change tonight and have some photos tomorrow.
Sidd

siddhartha

I thought with leds they require more nutes like cal mag in flower esp? what do you think sid

Hey Dickhead,
Yes and no. Ca uptake is based off transporation of the plant. Its translocation throughout the plant is a bit different then other nutrients. So if you LED lowers the temp in the room and therefore causes an increase in RH it will change how the plant moves calcium around. And most people would benifiet from doing a regular cal-mg foliar feed once a week. So if you are currently growing plants that are on the verge of having Cal-Mg problems and you switch lights you might see a change. I have really high levels of Ca in my water so I foliar feed with Jack's Classic Bloom to add a boost of Mg to keep the Ca/Mg ratio close to ideal. I am not very good at explaning things like this so i will try and find a good link to ideal cal-mg ratio.
Sidd

siddhartha

Updated photos

Updated photos

Here are some updated photos. They suffered a little bit from not being able to change the res for so long, but I am sure they will bounce back just fine

This is the Sour Kush. It is getting hard to take photos of these. They are taller then me now, I will admit i made a big mistake not using Bud Ignitor.

Here is the Sour D, this is looking amazing, cant wait for this to come down. Nice and fat and rock hard.

Sidd

D9_THC

Hi Sidd,

I am really enjoying your grow!

What is the size (width, length) of your current grow area underneath the blackdog led?

Are you using a light mover, and if so what kind?

Thanks in advance!