What's new

The Green New Deal

White Beard

yup. if they can stop abortion, those that think life begins at conception will go after many popular birth control methods because they prevent a fertilized egg from implanting on the walls of the uterus. what the religious zealots desire is total control of citizens private life. if you have genital sex (intercourse) they want to force you to have a baby. if you have any other type of sex, they want you to be ashamed of being human, or go to jail. (see also "sodomy" laws in some states) they do not see having sex as an expression of love (which for some, it is admittedly not) for your partner. the only excuse for sex with those nutjobs is for procreation. if you LOOK at many of those folks, i guess sex WOULD NOT be any fun, lol...:tiphat:
When you look at it, if you wanted to make sure women stayed barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, what you’d do would be to oppose abortion, oppose birth control, oppose women working outside the home, oppose women owning property, oppose women owning/operating a business....

White Beard

I say, co2 regulation, abortion laws, gun laws, drug laws, leave it to the states...I know I know it’s for the greater good of the people, then move to the state that supports your idea of the greater good....10th amendment. For those that still believe in the the best constitution ever created.
Yeah, “leave it to the states”...the states are cesspools of corruption, cronyism, and some other unpopular isms. State and local governments make the federal level look clean and brilliant.

From a lifelong student of the Constitution, the Tenth doesn’t trump, outweigh, or overrule the others. How about the Ninth, Mr. Jefferson? There’s more than one “state” afoot here, why voluntarily surrender your rights to the ruling families of your corner of heaven? ‘Cause that’s such a bloody improvement?

Seriously, I’ve been waiting for a “patriot” to explain this bogosity without dividing by zero for 30 years. What’cha got?

White Beard

Well that’s refreshing. I would have looked it up without the yelling, but I understand, it’s an emotional topic, Great amendment. Maybe that’s why they sell body parts, recoup the costs of the abortion. Well played.
So who pays for these poor women’s abortions? Why are the pro abortion people crying about the decreasing fedral money going to planned parenthood? What is the percentage of all abortions that are performed each year are for on mothers at risk of death? ( I am sure you won’t address this) just yell people want mothers to die...with a fetus...
So, are late term abortions are a good thing? When the life of the mother is not at risk? Feel free to ignore one or all of the questions, I know they are difficult and emotional. Feel free to yell also, it makes me smile. :biggrin::biggrin:
There’s another, more accurate word for “late-term” when speaking about a pregnancy. That word is “overdue”.

When a child is fully developed and at the end of 39 weeks, the pregnancy is full-term, or ready to deliver. If labor is induced at this point, alive or dead, the child is delivered.

For a child incapable of sustaining itself, of thriving (that is to say, surviving), brain-dead, faced with decades of expensive care for a child who will never walk, roll over, or recognize anyone, the choices are unbearable. But the term “late-term abortion” is not what the anti-choice says it is.

Lester Moore

Veteran
Yeah, “leave it to the states”...the states are cesspools of corruption, cronyism, and some other unpopular isms. State and local governments make the federal level look clean and brilliant.

From a lifelong student of the Constitution, the Tenth doesn’t trump, outweigh, or overrule the others. How about the Ninth, Mr. Jefferson? There’s more than one “state” afoot here, why voluntarily surrender your rights to the ruling families of your corner of heaven? ‘Cause that’s such a bloody improvement?

Seriously, I’ve been waiting for a “patriot” to explain this bogosity without dividing by zero for 30 years. What’cha got?
So the 9th amendment has been used to grant right of privacy, over turn contraceptive laws, abortion laws...I would love to hear more about it since you are a life long student of the constitution...I mean that. My feeling is that if a state has some fucked up laws at least I have the freedom to move to a state that has laws I could live under...ALL politicians and governments are corrupt, it’s the nature of man, corruption, imperfection so that’s a non argument. If the federal government takes all the power, where can I go? For example , there are really fucked up stupid gun laws in CA, I can always move to Texas or Arizona...why is Patriot in quotations? That’s what I “ got”

Lester Moore

Veteran
don't know what the fuck you are calling "yelling"? does the one exclamation point in the post "trigger" you, snowflake? :laughing: Planned Parenthood covers the costs of operations aiding patients unable to afford private health care. some of their budget comes from the feds, much comes from donation drives. i don't have a clue what % of abortions per year are to save the mothers life, but i have researched the last trimester procedures we were discussing. nearly ALL of 3rd trimester abortions are because of non-viable fetus or to protect the mothers life/health. what is "difficult and emotional" (for the women involved, not me. sorry for disappointing you) is idiots that want to force their beliefs on others that do not share them. late 3rd trimester abortions ARE a good thing, since they invariably are to save the mothers life/health. got that? or do you want them to die in the cause of your feelings? why do you ignore reality? almost ALL 3rd trimester abortions are to protect the mother...ANY abortion used as birth control is a hideous mis-use of the procedure. i have never disagreed with that...sorry if i yelled at you. care to point those parts out? lol. :biggrin:
Well said, I grabbed a coloring book, went to my safe space...I am better now. I agree abortion used as birth control is hideous.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
So the 9th amendment has been used to grant right of privacy

rights may NOT be granted, nor revoked. the right to privacy is so primal & understood to exist that english common law (which forms the basis for much of our constitution) did not codify it either; it was assumed that everyone KNEW that human beings had the right to privacy. it was not "given", "granted", nor anything else. it was ALWAYS there except in the dreams of those that want control over others.:tiphat:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have had to spend quite a bit of time cleaning this thread up recently - can you all stay on topic and not revert to personal attacks/accusations please -

Cannavore

Veteran
let's just stop and take a moment to stand in awe of how effective political propaganda works on people.

the Green New Deal is like 20 pages long, if that. yet the lies and propaganda surrounding the GND gets cited more than the paper itself, which again, isn't even a piece of legislation or declaration of law.

White Beard

Hey, Lester!

Right up top, I put “patriot” in quotes because it no longer signifies what it once did. It has been hijacked by a stream of “conservative” thought which brands itself and its ‘policies’ as patriotic in opposition to other points of view, which they brand as “unpatriotic”.

They wrap it up in the old language of honor, pride, freedom, but it amounts to little more than absolute opposition to abortion, absolute support and expansion of gun rights, a simple idea of ‘smaller government’, and “that old-time religion”. There’s a bunch of feeder-fish issues stringing along, but that’s the spine of it.

I put “conservative” in quotes because they’re bomb-throwing radicals, they ain’t conserving anything.

I put “policies” and “smaller government” in single quotes to indicate that these are more inchoate notions than well-defined or understood.

Hope that’s not TMI...

So the 9th amendment has been used to grant right of privacy, over turn contraceptive laws, abortion laws...
Let me stop you right there for a moment.

Cited in Roe v Wade, yes, but you may have noticed that a very great number of very loud people take issue with the idea that this can even BE a right.

I’m not familiar with the anti contraception case(s) you mention.

As far as a right to privacy, you have beautifully put your finger on one of the biggest breaks between the parties in modern times. You may have heard of Judge Robert Bork, and how he didn’t get on the Supreme Court? It was his stance on the right to privacy that sank him: it was his position that there is no right to privacy, expressed or implied, in the constitution. The Dems said ‘aw, HELL no!’

If you think about it, the Patriot Act exists on the premise that there is no right to privacy.

My point on the Ninth is that it explicitly states that people have rights not spelled out in the Bill of Rights, and that government can’t pretend they don’t exist. Problem is, that’s exactly what they do, and they do it all the time.

Indeed, the Tenth is *not* in fact about states’ rights at all. It’s about the limited scope of federal power. All else, it says, are matters for the states or the people themselves. I find it ironic and criminal that the states under the GOP have weaponized statehood, many states going so far as to restrict the choices citizens can make at the ballot box (Texas passing into law a measure to prevent municipalities from making laws and ordinances in their jurisdictions regarding fracking, dumping, etc.

I would love to hear more about it since you are a life long student of the constitution...I mean that. My feeling is that if a state has some fucked up laws at least I have the freedom to move to a state that has laws I could live under...
It has, no kidding been a lifelong pursuit. I was good enough for Free Republic, back in the days before the Gingrich House. There was a break in realities at that point, a lot of patriots stopped identifying as members of the patriot movement (such as it was).

As far as moving to another state, that’s not necessarily more feasible than moving to another country...and WHY should moving to another state be like moving to another country, please? The states like to think of themselves as separate countries, that’s what the ‘sovereign state’ business is about: the states are “independent” of each other, but ‘co-operate’ on interstate, international, and national matters.

There’s *lots* wrong with the sovereign-state notion, but the big one is that it derives *more* from the Articles of Confederation - which ARE NOT the law of the land, nor the foundation of our system.

We should have stopped this nonsense after the rebellion. IMO

ALL politicians and governments are corrupt, it’s the nature of man, corruption, imperfection so that’s a non argument.
Sure, like Acton said, power corrupts. It’s WHY we have what we have: to *keep* power in MANY hands, so that the use of it remains in check (the big problem with single-party government, but that’s a different conversation). It’s also why the House is refreshed every two years, it's part of the design, specifically for the purpose of making sure that the things most important to THE PEOPLE got attended to, and that shenanigans were averted (the single best argument against gerrymandering being counter to original intent, but that’s a different conversation).

Frankly, since citizen self-government is in fact the name of our game, defining ‘politician’ becomes tricky. Is *ANYONE* in office a ‘politician’? If so, then is citizen self-government a failure? If everyone in office is automatically corrupt, why *not* a king?

If the federal government takes all the power, where can I go? For example , there are really fucked up stupid gun laws in CA, I can always move to Texas or Arizona...why is Patriot in quotations? That’s what I “ got”
Federal or state, the question is the same. For what it’s worth, I don’t see the federal government taking all the power the way some people do, but that’s probably obvious.

Bet you didn’t expect all that - neither did I! :tiphat: :dance013:

iTarzan

Everybody should have unified on what happened and they didn't. Very sad day. No more chit chat with riffraff.

redlaser

Veteran
If only people had listened, and encouraged a peaceful transfer of power.

Things might have turned out different.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Everybody should have unified on what happened and they didn't. Very sad day. No more chit chat with riff raff.

this is the second thread that you have posted this nonsensical statement in. will it be in all of the others as well? very original...:laughing: