Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2019, 12:23 AM #1
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Outdoor Hydro Herbs and Leafy Greens

So a friend gets divorced and somehow the misses and I end up with some odd lumber and about 40 feet of four inch pvc left at our house. I could not stand the thought of putting the stuff in the landfill so I got to thinkin'...

...and came up with this out of the junk I had available:

Forty five plant sites. The "netcups" are solos that have had a close encounter with a soldering iron. Multiple times. For each cup. What a pain in the ass.

Using my old sump pump from feeding the ladies to push the nutes which will be Jacks and Calnit unless I find something better.

Planning on running some annual herbs and spinach to start. Maybe some leaf lettuce but it's a little warm here for that now. Probably in the fall.

The unit is located on the front porch and receives a mixture of full morning sun and partial afternoon shade.

Next step is to germ some seeds and veg until they are big enough to put in the cups. I'm already documenting a Grow Diary and a Tester Grow but I'm hoping to keep a running narrative going here as well, mostly for my own records so I can keep track of what is or is not working.

Next update when I have some plants in the cups. (This will take a minute.)

Peace,
starke

ps: I call the color scheme "Caribbean Soul meets Gay Pride...with a touch of 'Go Gators'". The grand-kids think it's cool anyway.
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is offline Quote

12 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:20 PM #2
DARKSIDER
Garden of Eden

DARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud ofDARKSIDER has much to be proud of
Now I know this is going to be interesting .

Serious Seeds.. bubblegum Tester.. Completed.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=348148

Connoisseur Genetics.. old school haze X casey jones Tester.. Completed
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=351788

Bradley Danks Genetics.. Fire Alien Strawberry x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Platinum Cookies x Jagerschnitzel Tester.. Ongoing.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=360103

Connoisseur Genetics.. Triangle Church Cookie 3 Tester ..Church Fuel Tester.. Ongoing.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=362278

DARKSIDER is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-30-2019, 08:57 PM #3
Gry
One Nation Underground

Gry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivorGry is a survivor
Nifty as can be.

Old 03-30-2019, 09:12 PM #4
Rico Swazi

Rico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really niceRico Swazi is just really nice
I'm with the grand kids,,,,,very cool colors !

reused recycled and repurposed kicks ass bro as I'm into that sort of thing

Wishing all the best at getting things dialed in
Rico Swazi is offline Quote

Old 04-02-2019, 05:19 PM #5
hush
Señor Member

hush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant futurehush has a brilliant future
Very cool! Subbed. I like the use of pool noodles for your water return!

hush's hidey hole

hush is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:15 PM #6
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
This thread rocks almost as much as that color scheme. I'm in.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 04-03-2019, 10:24 PM #7
Palindrome
King of Schwag

Palindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivorPalindrome is a survivor
Starke' Psychedelic Space Spinach!

Love the color scheme mate, im in as well!

Old 04-03-2019, 11:53 PM #8
starke

starke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud ofstarke has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDER View Post
Now I know this is going to be interesting .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gry View Post
Nifty as can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Swazi View Post
I'm with the grand kids,,,,,very cool colors !

reused recycled and repurposed kicks ass bro as I'm into that sort of thing

Wishing all the best at getting things dialed in
Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
Very cool! Subbed. I like the use of pool noodles for your water return!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentPothead View Post
This thread rocks almost as much as that color scheme. I'm in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palindrome View Post
Starke' Psychedelic Space Spinach!

Love the color scheme mate, im in as well!
Thanks for the comments everyone and welcome aboard. Should be entertaining if nothing else.

Peace,
starke
“We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.” ~Robert Wilensky

"Spread the knowledge, be humble if you don't know, be helpful if you do, if you are wrong, admit it quickly and emphatically, and overgrow the world." (SuperWeed 2017)

"Always keep in mind that when the hearse pulls up to pick you up, there is no trunk or luggage rack on that bitch." (Author unknown)

My Ongoing Grow Diary: Paused

Real Gorilla Seeds Sour Orange Diesel Tester Grow: (Completed 2/5/19)

Tripleberry F2 Tester Grow: In Progress
starke is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2019, 09:23 PM #9
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivorexploziv is a survivor
Interesting! Can I get a seat?

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 04-07-2019, 09:56 PM #10
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
For everyone that might want to attempt a similar project, here are the geatest cheat sheets in the world for simple hydro lettuce and greens.

These are.pdf links that will want to download the files just so you are aware. Tell it to open in a new tab if you don't want to download the .pdf.

https://www.greenhouse.cornell.edu/c...ic-recipes.pdf
https://cea.cals.cornell.edu/attachm...andbook%20.pdf
https://cea.cals.cornell.edu/resourc...eafyGreens.pdf

dank.Frank
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is offline Quote