What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Battlefield 3, anyone???

H

HenriettaHippo

not me.... I am hating on EA for the most part.

The people I hang out with online are playing a MOD of BF2 called AIXS2. It is everything EA always wanted including a great ranking system that has nothing to do with the EA Game Nazis.

http://www.aixtended.com/

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks like an really interesting game, HenriettaHippo. Thanks for the link.
One of the maps is Operation Greasy Mullet, hahaha.

HUGE

Veteran
Bf2 was fucking amazing. If they enable keyboard and mouse support in the consoles it will be great. That's where gps games get lost in translation Keyboard and mouse is way more efficient.

HUGE

Veteran
What I really miss is command and conquer renegades. It was a fpscommand and conquer. Very good.

AfroSheep

I am who I am coz I is who I is.
I miss bf2, i remember back when know1 new you could stare the missle in the chopper at targets :D, used to own peepz up with my mate flying.

One thing i have read about bf3, is they are trying to bring it oldschool again for the PC gamers,
They bringing back the 64 person maps, "goooogli eyes" should be very interesting, and only for PC so screw the console gamers who think they the shit with our oldschool games :D.

Im def investing in this once it comes out, i hope it lives up to the hype its had, so far most games are falling way short of their hype these days.

THC123

Veteran
BF2 is the only fps game i play even 6 years later

just love the gameplay

if hope that in bf3 you will again be able to lay on the grond flat on your belly cuz in bad company you could only crouch

god i hate bad company

and i agree there is no way you can play a fps with a controller , fucking wobbly sticks

AfroSheep

OH dont even mention BC2 and the no lie down :(, was so lame i always ran around pressing Z and failing when it did nothing!

They really took alot out of the game when they started making the BC series,
Cant wait to invest in bf3 plz plz plz bring it back to oldskool style :D.

STUPPA

I stopped playing bf2 a while a go when i lost my disc then i bought COD4 played that for while and it was a pretty good game ,but after going back to bf2 now i've got to say it is a way better game .

COD4 is too serious but you can have a good laugh on bf2 and baseraping has never been so much fun :D .

I cant wait for bf3 it looks great in that vid.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They're not gonna add a lying down (prone) command because they say it promotes camping/not being a team player. I got so used to not doing it in BF that i get surprised when i go prone in COD.

AfroSheep

ffs they need it, gotta have steady aim for sniping manditory, camping is part of war you dont zerg and die haha.
Some people like to play with a strategy specially in clan games.
I wish they would bring back the prone its such a useful tool.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bf2 was fucking amazing. If they enable keyboard and mouse support in the consoles it will be great. That's where gps games get lost in translation Keyboard and mouse is way more efficient.

BF2 is the best war game ever made. Commander mode was so fucking awesome!

BF3 looks really good. i will be getting it

Last edited: