What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

September 11, 2001 - Never Forget..

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
1%2B1ninetymilese_nbl6m6URf21r1jtxd.gif

I vividly remember that morning, sitting in front of my pc while getting some work done, and seeing the headlines flash across my web browser.

No other single event has had such a profound effect on the trajectory on my life. Not even close.

It's hard to believe that today is the 18th anniversary of this tragic, horrifying event. I am easily triggered just by the mere mention of it. It still pisses me off that the real people behind this got away with it and have not been held responsible.

90mimb_pe9kwnfOF01xvo09eo2_500.gif

:cry:

RMS

:smoweed:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Will go down in my history as the day a group of people spent a few thousand dollars on plane tickets and caused the so called land of the free to enact the patriot act and spend billions on a war that has no real end in sight.

As sad and sick as it is. The loss of life that day is nothing compared to what it would end up being....... For both the people and families here as well as other places. Its all horrific and wrong.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I have to wonder if all the families and people in Vietnam have days marked on their calendars for the days that we bombed their cities and killed their families and children.

Probably not. We just have one of those days in this country. The number of times we bombed them would fill the calendar.

Just an ootb perspective. Funny how humans kill each other simply over different points of view. The curse of 'intelligence' I presume.

Excuse my lack of interest in human news, I never read papers or watch TV. Did we ever catch the guys that did this?

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Will go down in my history as the day a group of people spent a few thousand dollars on plane tickets and caused the so called land of the free to enact the patriot act and spend billions on a war that has no real end in sight.

As sad and sick as it is. The loss of life that day is nothing compared to what it would end up being....... For both the people and families here as well as other places. Its all horrific and wrong.

I understand how that day impacted the events to come,but I do not agree that the loss of life that day was "nothing",even in comparison to what was to come.

It was a sneaky,cowardly act on ordinary civilians going to work.
Even the sneaky,cowardly attack on Pearl harbor was exacted on our military.

troutman

Seed Whore
I was going to work to do construction in Toronto with my then sister's boyfriend when that happened. We were
listing to the Howard Sterns radio show driving down the Gardiner Expressway on our way to Front Street smack in
the middle in the city's core and heard it all live. So many people left the downtown area when that happened and
our employer almost sent us home. All the Government buildings and most stores closed up for the day. I told our
employer that Canada will never be hit. He asked why. I said which terrorist organization would want to hit Canada?
We let them all in. It's the USA they are pissed off against. We continued working and it was the quietest day in
Toronto that I remembered.

I still say it was a false flag.

Am I to believe some goat farmers flew large planes like those with military accuracy?

Ringodoggie

Premium user
More sneaky and cowardly than the nukes we dropped on Japan's civilians or less???

Thank you.

It's always so horrible when it happens to us (and, I agree, it is). But we never consider how horrible it was when we did it to half the world. I watched the death of many many many women and children at the hands of American democracy.

It's not really limited to terrorists or brown people or yellow or whatever. It's actually a HUMAN characteristic. Present since standing upright.

No big deal. Since we don't really have a natural predator, nature has to cull somehow, so she put this in our genes. Kind of makes sense.

packerfan79

Veteran
I remember the day like it was yesterday. My mom and girlfriend's birthday. Waiting for word if my uncle was alive, we didn't know until that night. My uncle was blessed to be in the other side of the Pentagon. The day my world stood still.

RIP to all those who lost their lives.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
[YOUTUBEIF]yuC_4mGTs98?list=PLxnlfHUbqLkM7rK43i3PNtcPH-LA-91pZ"[/YOUTUBEIF]

Someone needs to hack the mainstream media, upload this video to every tv-station and put it on replay for as long as possible.

RMS

St. Phatty

It seems like Americans are DESPERATE to forget 9-11.

i.e. to NEVER understand what happened that day - when it is fairly simple.

One of the first young people to comprehend 9-11 was one of Carolyn Baker's college students.

He said, "if my nation did 9-11, then I don't have a nation."

Spot on.

Welcome to the United States of Israel.

It's OK to kill Gentiles, whether they are workers in the WTC office building, Palestinians in Gaza, or any of Israel's billion Muslim neighbors.

Is it OK to kill Jews ? Well obviously not.

Welcome to the New Caste System.

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
More sneaky and cowardly than the nukes we dropped on Japan's civilians or less???

Of course that was a shit ass response by America.
The thing that gets me with Pearl harbor was Japan had ambassadors in Washington talking a declaration of peace at the same time as the attack.

But none the less most of us hate seeing innocent civilians die.

GGNo2

Global acts of terrorism happen everyday, its shocking and sad what humans do to each other in the name of religion and politics. Both of which are institutions that were created to control man.
Its easy for the few to control the masses if they're divided and its worked for a couple of thousand years now.
When or will the human race ever wake up to see things for what they really are? We are all but pawns.

Rocky Mtn Squid

EL CID SQUID
Veteran
Of course that was a shit ass response by America.
The thing that gets me with Pearl harbor was Japan had ambassadors in Washington talking a declaration of peace at the same time as the attack.

But none the less most of us hate seeing innocent civilians die.

Wrong. That's only partially correct. The Japanese were in Washington to deliver a declaration of war, not peace. Because of a cluster fuck on their part, they delivered the declaration after Pearl Harbor was attacked.

RMS

SolarLogos

I have to wonder if all the families and people in Vietnam have days marked on their calendars for the days that we bombed their cities and killed their families and children.

Probably not. We just have one of those days in this country. The number of times we bombed them would fill the calendar.

Just an ootb perspective. Funny how humans kill each other simply over different points of view. The curse of 'intelligence' I presume.

Excuse my lack of interest in human news, I never read papers or watch TV. Did we ever catch the guys that did this?

I too disconnected, haven't seen a news story in years and won't. What a peaceful life now. Eyes wide open. Just my point of view.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Global acts of terrorism happen everyday, its shocking and sad what humans do to each other in the name of religion and politics. Both of which are institutions that were created to control man.
Its easy for the few to control the masses if they're divided and its worked for a couple of thousand years now.
When or will the human race ever wake up to see things for what they really are? We are all but pawns.
There has to be conflict for the group mind to be effective. Once the conflict ends, so does the group mind. That is why they will never settle issues like gun control, abortion, etc. Political parties will never get along and were never intended to, as far as I'm concerned.
Peace, God bless

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I too disconnected, haven't seen a news story in years and won't. What a peaceful life now. Eyes wide open. Just my point of view.
Peace, God bless

Really? I've never met anyone else who is totally disconnected from the news.

Do you know who the vice-president is (without looking it up)?

For me, it's like living in a world of heroin junkies. All, who deny they are addicted.

I have often wanted to open topics about news addiction. I would like to dare people to not watch/read any news or TV for 30 days. I don't think there's a person alive that could do it. However, since I felt I was the ONLY one who wasn't addicted, it would be a waste of time with all the addicts swearing something is wrong with ME for not shooting up. LOL

I guess, this talk is all for another thread. Back to humans killing humans. LOL