What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

HUMBOLDT´S GREEN CRACK BEANS

B

bruvio

yes, HSO is a Spanish company, Dinafem help them to pruduce their seeds I think.

St. Phatty

Just checked out the HSO GC offering... hummm

One of California's most famous cash crops has now become a global icon.

HSO is proud to introduce this elite selection, branded with the classic Skunk#1 x a pure isolated Afghani.

About 20 years ago, that was the definition of "Super Skunk" - Skunk #1 x Afghani, as sold by Sensi Seed Bank.

Cali Connection GC was GREAT. I guess the seed companies don't have any obligation to coordinate their strain names. Can't help but be curious if CC GC has a connection to HSO GC.

C

CannaBuilding

Its still hard for me to grasp the concept that this strain is motivational, having skunk #1 lineage with a afghani, Alot of peeps say its a clear headed motivational high, but you get the odd person saying it put them their ass, most of them say the sativa leaning fruity pheno is the one to look for and has the clear headed motivational high, can someone confirm this with the HSO version, or is it just the clone only version?

Thank you to all for any info, Peace and happy growing.

B

bruvio

my HSO GC plants have crazy wide leafs! similar looking plants like Sensi's Super Skunk back in 2007! very promising btw

relic1981

Veteran
About 20 years ago, that was the definition of "Super Skunk" - Skunk #1 x Afghani, as sold by Sensi Seed Bank.

Cali Connection GC was GREAT. I guess the seed companies don't have any obligation to coordinate their strain names. Can't help but be curious if CC GC has a connection to HSO GC.

nothing to do with each other at all. and seed companies shouldnt use the same names as eachother. makes things confusing but i think thats why they do it. confusion =fear=cash. "im not sure who has the best, im afraid i wont find a keeper, i better go with brand x because their marketing blurb sounds better to me.
its all subjective. seeds dont cost much to make so why the high price? people here give their hard worked seed llines away for free here. the bc and a damn seed business is a racket. not saying you cant find good stuff but american (primarily california) has many seed companies that only charge 40-50 bucks a pack of 12 seeds instead of 100 for 10 and the genetics are way more solid. again not saying their arent crap breeders in cali seeling gear... there are but for what its worth we got the best genetics on earth. california is like a magnet for good genetics. find good genetics then take em to cali to work with them and after 50 years of this we got it down.

if you want really good seeds from the triangle go with aficianado. they are out of mendo and produce some of the best seed lines ive seen and was lucky enough to have a friend buy a bunch of their genetics and gave me cuts of his favorites. gotta pay to play though, 200$ a 10 pack but in this case it is truly a step above any other breeders out there so in a market where crap seeds sell for a buck a pack 200 for top shelf genetics is worth it. i love their black lime and 78og affie...straight dank fire

budchopper

when will people learn dr greenthumb is over priced and greedy not in the compassionate
care for people, more a step on sick people on way to bank..F**K him and his crap..

B

bruvio

over priced but good quality. especially the iranian crosses for outdoors. and I hear great things about the G13, ECSD, OG and Bubba x OG.

pipp

Bruvio. All the HSO strains I have grown have been top Quality. And your last post advertising Dr Greenthumb doesn't lend credence to what you say.

my HSO GC plants have crazy wide leafs! similar looking plants like Sensi's Super Skunk back in 2007! very promising btw

The super skunk I'm running from sensi (modern version) is nothing like any pheno of HSO GC I'm running (I picked up 4 fems from different freebies). Very nice pheno coming along in the HSO group that's loud, frosty, and chunky that I'm liking but all are solid yielders. I never ran the clone only version so i can't compare. These look like typical big yielding skunk indica hybrids. If flower time is quick I'll probably keep one. Strong plants.

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
from the reports i have seen so far.. tho i need to get some of the HSO beans myself and test them.. HSO GC isnt a lot like the REAL GC. You said you took her out to day 77? GC would be very purple by that flowering time have you seen any purple colors?? here are some pics of GC clone taking that for out and no she wasnt subjected to cold temps or stress causing her to go purple. GC always goes purple under the leaves on the tops starting around day 45-50 then drives deeper into the buds. Also the tips of each calyx starts to purple up on the tops. Yes cooler temps increase the speed at which this happens. But no matter what is always has some color.. well for me that is.

If you are missing the racy type of high then it might be a trait that is being lost when they are making the seeds.. I have no clue how they are breeding them. Or you just dont experience that effect from it.. every one is different... That Racy UP high is the greatest thing about GC and is always best by Day 52-55 anything longer then that it begins to drop down and be more heavy indica feeling but still not anything couchlock.

UGH! im just gonna have to get some and test them for myself

GC dark purple dry Day 78 harvest
picture.php

picture.php

this is bad pic shitty cam but the purple color is very deep and goes all the way into the bud. lol I never keep GC longer than 55 days now so i have no recent pics of heavy purple.

picture.php

and some eye candy hehehe
picture.php

2 plant DWC SCROG
picture.php

Will update this thread when i get my HSO beans for the test.

SGS

I successfully harvested one HSO green crack. It produces very well. Very solid buds that ended up with a bit of tiny bit of mould.

Not sure why it's called green crack? For me it is relaxing and mostly indica type high. Not really couchlock though, you can function and get things done if you need to. I'd call it a balanced high.

I took samples at 6,7,8,9,10 and even 11 weeks and the best were at 9-10 weeks from seed. The earlier harvested samples weren't any more of a racy high.

I grew this with HSO's OG Kush, which to me had a better high but only produced about 1/3 rd as much as the green crack.

I have no access to elite cuttings so I have no idea whether these are a good representation or not. Both the HSO varieties were quite good pot, not sure yet if they're keeper quality but will keep them a while at least.

St. Phatty

Its still hard for me to grasp the concept that this strain is motivational, having skunk #1 lineage with a afghani, Alot of peeps say its a clear headed motivational high, but you get the odd person saying it put them their ass

I find it depends a lot on what your job focus is.

I would love to see a poll at some tech conference, what helps you get work done, what helps you relax when you have over-caffeinated.

One person's over-caffeination-recovery Cannabis might be another person's get motivated to do circuit board layout but don't tell my boss Cannabis.

Also I think Cannabis hits men and women differently. :peacock:

It also hits different ages differently.

C

CannaBuilding

I find it depends a lot on what your job focus is.

I would love to see a poll at some tech conference, what helps you get work done, what helps you relax when you have over-caffeinated.

One person's over-caffeination-recovery Cannabis might be another person's get motivated to do circuit board layout but don't tell my boss Cannabis.

Also I think Cannabis hits men and women differently. :peacock:

It also hits different ages differently.

Completely agree.

For me pure indica in small doses gets me motivated LOLS and pure sativa makes me completely paranoid.

I guess it all comes down to how your body is wired (physiology) certain strains will have different affects on people, also depends on what people ingest from food, to alcohol and various other medicinal herbal supplements all play a role.

Small doses of Hash bomb (from bomb seeds) which is a pain killing strain gets me going all day, i get lost in work and dont want to stop until the pain in my right side comes back on.

Peace, happy growing.

CoCoSativas

from the reports i have seen so far.. tho i need to get some of the HSO beans myself and test them.. HSO GC isnt a lot like the REAL GC. You said you took her out to day 77? GC would be very purple by that flowering time have you seen any purple colors?? here are some pics of GC clone taking that for out and no she wasnt subjected to cold temps or stress causing her to go purple. GC always goes purple under the leaves on the tops starting around day 45-50 then drives deeper into the buds. Also the tips of each calyx starts to purple up on the tops. Yes cooler temps increase the speed at which this happens. But no matter what is always has some color.. well for me that is.

If you are missing the racy type of high then it might be a trait that is being lost when they are making the seeds.. I have no clue how they are breeding them. Or you just dont experience that effect from it.. every one is different... That Racy UP high is the greatest thing about GC and is always best by Day 52-55 anything longer then that it begins to drop down and be more heavy indica feeling but still not anything couchlock.

UGH! im just gonna have to get some and test them for myself

GC dark purple dry Day 78 harvest
View Image
View Image

this is bad pic shitty cam but the purple color is very deep and goes all the way into the bud. lol I never keep GC longer than 55 days now so i have no recent pics of heavy purple.

View Image

and some eye candy hehehe
View Image

2 plant DWC SCROG
View Image

Will update this thread when i get my HSO beans for the test.

SGS

Wow thats fucked up i never knew gc did that.

Crazy so amber. Wonder how that plant would hit vs harvested at your 55.

Guess to get a quicker answer ask the man himself direct

CoCoSativas

Completely agree.

For me pure indica in small doses gets me motivated LOLS and pure sativa makes me completely paranoid.

I guess it all comes down to how your body is wired (physiology) certain strains will have different affects on people, also depends on what people ingest from food, to alcohol and various other medicinal herbal supplements all play a role.

Small doses of Hash bomb (from bomb seeds) which is a pain killing strain gets me going all day, i get lost in work and dont want to stop until the pain in my right side comes back on.

Peace, happy growing.

Indicas turns CoCoSativas to CoCoZombie... totally sleepy off the narco high i get... yessir... and i dont laugh much kinda lame for me but going to give them another shot in the form of hybrids leaning their way

liga

HSO GC is a really nice strain.Grown it guerillaoutdoor and with lots of water and nutrients it grows really big(12-15oz per plant).It gets mould due its buds size if the late season is rainy and smells fruity fruity..

C

CannaBuilding

I cracked 3 out of 4 HSO GC, 1 seed arrived premature from the seedbank, 3 out of 3 sprouted, 1 was a run with just cyto leaves and no actual leaves, it stayed like for about 1 month and then died rofl, the other 2 died due to my not watering them, completely forgot about them which was a shame cause 1 looked really good.

Cheers, happy growing.

I currently have 5 HSO Green Crack's going from seed, about 3 weeks old. All are super healthy, uniform, and rubbing the stems\petioles yeilds a wonderful fuely, greasy stink. Hoping to find a GC keeper in these 5 girls!

C

CannaBuilding

Indicas turns CoCoSativas to CoCoZombie... totally sleepy off the narco high i get... yessir... and i dont laugh much kinda lame for me but going to give them another shot in the form of hybrids leaning their way

Some great hybrids out there which lean towards kush/indica side, with some great pain killing and motivational properties if taken in the right dose and harvested at the right time.

Just need to find what works for your physiology as everyone is wired differently.

peace, happy growing.

LostTribe

Premium user
Dang 6 pages of ranting with not 1 pic of HSO GC growing even in veg?? I ordered a few of these along with some stuff I just couldn't do without last week....