What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MI 4,000sq ft outdoor grow SHO

Blander66

What size trailer? I made due with a 2004 Yukon and an 18' car hauler. If it's a round pipe kit I think you'll be ok. Shipping is so cheap right now I wouldn't waste the time driving! $1200 for me to get 16,000lbs across 10 irregular sized pallets nearly half a flat deck trailer or half of a dry van. Trailer was overloaded by 600lbs and I had a lotta tounge weight!

I have a Chevy 2500 and a 10k lb 18' car hauler. Figuring in fuel I would save 1k picking it up and have a day off work when it will be ready.

sho

Veteran
5.2oz poly woven with 88%? transmission? it's the heavier film and virtually impossible to see through from near or a distance.

Hey Sho, phenomenal work over the last two years! I've read the entire thread today and I must say you're only going to improve and I'm looking forward to this year :)

I think you should look into using water crystals this season. They hold large sums of water and slowly release them into the soil as it becomes dry. They can reduce your watering schedules maybe even down to once a week, maybe more depending on a few factors. However, they are very beneficial, and can save you a lot of time, gas, and money that can be spent on much better things :p

Also, I remember you previously touching upon why you wouldn't be using gutters, but I think you should give them another chance. Even if you don't have enough water from one or two rains to feed all of your plants, you may be able to reduce the water you have to truck in (even if only by a small amount). As well as reducing the water you bring in, it'll prevent water from building up between both greenhouse, and reduce the standing water which may pool at the edges of the greenhouses :p

Even if you're not leaning towards either suggestion, I wish you good luck on this season, and I can't wait to see great things from you :D

sho

Veteran
Hey Sho, phenomenal work over the last two years! I've read the entire thread today and I must say you're only going to improve and I'm looking forward to this year :)

I think you should look into using water crystals this season. They hold large sums of water and slowly release them into the soil as it becomes dry. They can reduce your watering schedules maybe even down to once a week, maybe more depending on a few factors. However, they are very beneficial, and can save you a lot of time, gas, and money that can be spent on much better things :p

Also, I remember you previously touching upon why you wouldn't be using gutters, but I think you should give them another chance. Even if you don't have enough water from one or two rains to feed all of your plants, you may be able to reduce the water you have to truck in (even if only by a small amount). As well as reducing the water you bring in, it'll prevent water from building up between both greenhouse, and reduce the standing water which may pool at the edges of the greenhouses :p

Even if you're not leaning towards either suggestion, I wish you good luck on this season, and I can't wait to see great things from you :D
Bringing a creative and patient well driller in to pound casing to 100-150 feet and aim for water at the 300-350 foot level coming from Sandstone... our geography around here sucks for water. Wish I was an hour East, lots of high quality springs. I'll use it to supply a house someday I guess so I'll aim for one expensive high quality wells instead of two cheap ones.

Kinda scared this year guys, I won't lie... the fuzz is harshen our mellow up in our woods. Not around my woods but not too far.

Ole Yeller runs again too... tractors off and running starting to prep garden this week and great ready for leveling to have a semi-nice yard. Lots going on... Picked up a tiller, post hole digger and brush hog. Ordering posts and 8' orchard fence to keep the deer and 2 leggeds out... I'll get new thread up and running next week.

jbarsk8

Sho, love the thread sir. A tractor is high up on my list thats for sure. Would love an old Case with the cummins. Maybe a 580 backhoe exc?

sho

Veteran
Things are moving along, I probably ain't gonna do much on the build end photos cause I may have contractors in and out and once some stuff is up it'll be pretty identifying, but I'll be a trooper and do my best!

Still haven't popped my beans but i'm gonna honorarily do that on 4-20...

Total building lengths will be 168'x35 on both. Also adding a 40x72 pole barn and 2200 feet of 8 foot fencing, polycarbonate sides, umm.... power and well, gravel, we got about $2000 worth of trees and bushes, a plastic mulch layer for the garden.

Will be moving into a new thread soon (whenever things actually start moving along)

B

BAKED_BEANZ

sounds good sho ,

was it 200 gal last season ? if so you sticking with them or going 300 ? think you got swamp boys too hay , be some nice gear there .

sho

Veteran
leaning towards 200's, the 250's are a bit costly for custom sizing and the volume of dirt required is a bit cost prohibitive. I don't know how the west coast guys do it but I guess it's nice to be close to bulk suppliers

oh and my tractors 3pt took a shit, so might road trip it up this week and grab some new green.

sho

Veteran
How did the 3pt on the tractor go?

Great, it turned green :big grin:

Drove 1000 miles on Thursday to get that 5045E and a Rain Flo 2400 Plastic Mulch Layer... look them up, they are sweeeeet! Got 6.5mpg in my F250 gasser pulling that tractor and layer home, nearly 14,000lbs with trailer!

qs0fBXQ.jpg

We've come a long say since 2014 guys... Bootstrapped this fucking business. For every two dollars one gets re-invested. We're debt-free too guys!

Last edited:

self

Wicked inspiring stuff sho! I'm taking notes.
getting my first farmtek GH this year, but I cleared room for two. I've already got the shipping container with a dehuey for drying and curing, it's worked great for years.
Nice tractor btw, I've got a 3005 28 hp with a woods backhoe on it usually.
What strains are you running this year?
Keep it up, thanks for sharing the awesome journey!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Great, it turned green :big grin:

Drove 1000 miles on Thursday to get that 5045E and a Rain Flo 2400 Plastic Mulch Layer... look them up, they are sweeeeet! Got 6.5mpg in my F250 gasser pulling that tractor and layer home, nearly 14,000lbs with trailer!

View Image

We've come a long say since 2014 guys... Bootstrapped this fucking business. For every two dollars one gets re-invested. We're debt-free too guys!

sick tractor dude, can't wait to see the new GH setups.

are those your neighbors houses in the background?
that's lucky you can be so out in the open there. practically Cali.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

couple football stadiums there , now those pics do them justice . got some head height in there .

sho

Veteran
are those your neighbors houses in the background?
that's lucky you can be so out in the open there. practically Cali.

Yeah we're about a year or two from building out there. We're open but definitely secure! Dead end road 3 mile from main road 15 miles from town!

13 pallets of peat bought today, couldn't say no and this way I don't deal with freight. 2600# of amendments plus 16 bales of rice hulls came in, 250 gallon pots on order, last of my pole bldg. gets delivered tomorrow, tractors running great :big grin:and by this time next week we should have a framed in pole building. Might have to wait two weeks for road restrictions to lift for the crane to get in to set trusses. But lots to do in the mean time!

:thank you: guys for following and the rep and positive feedback, definitely makes the effort of documenting my efforts? hopeful if I inspire at least one of you guys to give it a try!

And stop posting here! Moving to my new thread finally!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts