What's new

MI 4,000sq ft outdoor grow SHO

B

BAKED_BEANZ

all of the above regarding twister, not to mention the cost saving and security with paying and having trimmers around. its a no brainer.

, this was said by a forum member went something like this.... i didn't think i needed a tractor till i bought one, then every time i used it i shook my head and wondered what the hell i was doing all those years.( may not even be close but so relevant )

so far Ive done everything by hand this year, with only the help of a 55 year old woman. Its been a real bitch so far. Ive hired crews in the past but really wanted to lay low this year. got everything rough trimmed and will clean them up the rest of the way by hand once dry, I use my trim tho..itd be a shame to toss slabs of elite cuts to the wayside. Im thinking of picking up a twister this winter, but am hard pressed on losing my trim. If I prepped the nugs properly and removed anything with no trichomes on it, would the trim be usable? or are the bladed lubricated with some sort of oil that ruins the trim for extracts? any EA's that can speak on this?

sho

Veteran
Nope if you big leaf the trims useable. We used a t2 for big lead today and a t4 for the tighter job.. It worked great. Nailed 7 out in a little over 8 hours including lunch and cleanup. I managed to clean out already at 2 per. I'm quite happy with how this years going so far!!!

I don't think I'm going to move to t2's, probably tandem or triple t4's

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The weather seems to have been great for outdoor around here this year. Dryer than normal this fall. Kind of a cold start but nice finish.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Nope if you big leaf the trims useable. We used a t2 for big lead today and a t4 for the tighter job.. It worked great. Nailed 7 out in a little over 8 hours including lunch and cleanup. I managed to clean out already at 2 per. I'm quite happy with how this years going so far!!!

I don't think I'm going to move to t2's, probably tandem or triple t4's
whats your take on the difference between the t2 and t4 ? not moving to t2 why,s that ?

sho

Veteran
Trim isn't as pretty, maybe I don't know all the tricks to it yet but I think a pair of t4s could keep up with a t2 and do a better job for the same price. Plus moveable by one guy. Maybe I was just running it too hard, I dunno... They claim 11lbs per hr for t2 and 10-11 for a pair of t4's. I might take tomorrow off and try two t4's on Friday just for shits and giggles. I won't be buying anything new until next harvest, I've got 23 left standing outta 71. i need two more hard days and I'll be in single digits but I ran out of dry space today!

B

BAKED_BEANZ

good to here your going so well, certainly takes the pressure off having a trimmer. not to mention its ready to go once dried . home stretch good stuff, no more unwanted vermin then ?

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
good job on harvest, but can't say I'm a fan of the twister product. it looks very similar to when i ran a bunch of stuff through the trim pro rotors. the nugs get beat up a bit and you still need to clean up the crows feet or drop the ticket a bit. it works great for commercial processing quickly, but if you have a trim crew on hand your product will stand out far above the rest. i wouldn't pay more than 1200 a unit for trim pro herb here in CA and hand trimmed OD will get 15-16 so its worth it for me to hand trim for now.

now if a security situation arose i could totally understand using one, shit i got a couple in storage just in case.

so far just been big leafing on table top rotors and having the hand trimmer clean it up.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

. if guys rag on the twister they need to see it work (not referencing you yesprop215 chances are you,ve seen one working). not go by what another machine does. there will be likers and haters like everything. always going to be endless debate. what suits one does not suit another.

Last edited:

sho

Veteran
Great Lakes region is in a drought and twisted gear is fetching 2 per. It's all gone right now, better than 70 already... Still got 70-80 to go, my average is gonna be somewhere around 2.5-3 per plant not bad for 100 gallons

RoostaPhish

Veteran
I would have to say I agree that the finished product looks ruff. Always does with machines in my opinion. I get praise on my trim job/manicure all the time first person. I can't say the same with machined bud.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
yea sorry SHO not trying to clog your thread up with the whole trim machine vs trimmers.

if product was 2k for twister bud shit id be pumping it too. I've used them, seen them work, and moved a ton of twister product. sometimes its actually better for brokering since the points are always lower. when my buyers come up north and dont want to pay my high tickets, then i can easily hit up my neighbor for his machine trimmed buds and they will be priced lower. it works out pretty great actually…and shit 2k for twister bud sounds like heaven. only about 12-13 out here and thats good pricing, last year you could buy twistered green cracks for 800-1000 a pop in norcal.

i just saw that the nugs posted looked like classic norcal machine trim packs. maybe hand trim a few tops of your best strains and lets see some dank shots!

sho

Veteran
I've got hand trimmed off to the side, but shit I can't hardly get it dry. I'm getting while the gettin' is good!

You guys also turn out 1000's more pounds than we do here in Michigan. I'm aiming to be cleaned out by Thanksgiving. I know a few guys who had shitty looking packs already one-shotted the crop in the 1400 range. Just broke the drive belt on my T4... 90 hours on the machine and it went. Guess I was really pushing it today... we knocked 6 out in, well, 6 hours including lunch.

Gotta get back to work, I just ran up to find out where the fuck I can get a belt next day'd from.

Lochinvar

. if guys rag on the twister they need to see it work (not referencing you yesprop215 chances are you,ve seen one working). not go by what another machine does. there will be likers and haters like everything. always going to be endless debate. what suits one does not suit another.

the more you work it, the better youll get. if you give up after one harvest, you are doomed anyway. it is like operating any other machinery, you get better with time. if your buds are "beat up", you are doing it wrong. my 2 cents after using them for years.

ubi

Welt.............. sounds like things r moving right along sho. puttin that machine thru a good working, lots of trimming fo sho. ;) ne pics for my wandering mind?

lil update on my GH
i just got my ground leveled (2pads 35x75 and 40x 80)... 22 holes 2' deep drilled for the supports in concrete. my winds are ridiculous where im at.

sho

Veteran
Busy as ever and still have two standing that haven't turned any bit Amber yet, a Pure Kush and Andromina...

But I'm done, everything has left the building... Averaged 2.5 ish a plant. Every last one went for 2 per, hope everyone else's harvest went as smooth as mine did. Done! Time to enjoy the rest of my winter stress free to get back at it hard in the spring. Adding square footage, bigger pots, ventilation and air circulation...

Next week I'll get the rest of my pics up and some headie shots. Tests are going out next week too on two or three strains that were my faves.

Good job Sho. Love seeing those big greenhouses in the upper Mid West. 2 per almost sounds kinda cheap for back there. Have a great winter and rest up for next year!

sho

Veteran
I had a handful do better than 4 but a couple poor strains brought my average down :(

Latest posts

Latest posts