What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I remember when,.......

armedoldhippy

Veteran
you could buy a 4-way hit of brown windowpane for $5. split the first one i got with a buddy. remember looking at it & thinking "no way something that small is going to have an effect on me..." BWAAAAHHAAAAHAAAA.....thirty minutes later, i look down & can see the hair on my arms swaying to the music:jump:

de145

Damn, I read through all these posts and thought to myself "If I post here I'm officially resigning myself to some kind of old fogie status", but what the hell.

At least I have the satisfaction of knowing I'm just barely over the cut off for this particular forum. :)

The Nepalese temple balls and Panama red brought back some memories, cheers guys!

And don't be so sure about those Members Only jackets never coming back, stranger things have happened. ;)

P.S. Sabuda, just saw your "help I'm a rock" which brought back major memories I almost forgot of being completely baked at a buddies place, listening to that album and on that song thinking "damn this records been skipping for like 10 minutes now". :)

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
Hey old grunt I remember when Hersey bar size hunk of hash in Germany was $20. that was in 69 also.

T

Tr33

I can remember watching the first Landing on the Moon
20 cent gal gas
10 cent bottles coke
guns all over the house
fireworks, m80, m100, skyrockets everywhere
crossing into mexico without boarder searches
illegals were accepted as friends and neighbors
10,20,30,40 lids = 1finger 2finger 3finger 4finger bags of green buds
hippies shooting heroin under the pier
hippies begging for a quarter to buy some cigs
all in Huntington Beach Ca 65-70

the list goes on and on

H

HybridHydro

I remember when weed was never weighed on a scale, it was measured by fingers, and i loved it cause my "dude" had fat fingers.. =)

H

HybridHydro

HAH! I also remember buying 5 dollar little brown manila envelopes of weed out of a slot house.

Walk up, hand your money through a slot, out popped a $5 dollar(Nickle) bag.

komrade komura

I remember the first time I saw a gun on the table while buying a couple of kilos (1974)..from someone I considered a friend....guess I was wrong. Colombian @ 800 USD each.

- I remember when it was a 10 zip to cover cost, 6 zip stash equation.

- Decent Mex for $10 per zip, Jamaican was $20 (15 if you knew them well), Columbian was 25-30 USD.

- Not all cops dressed like storm troopers

- The last time I grew outside (1980)...excepting some seed spreading experiments and feeding cannabis seeds to birds.

- Ronald Reagan was considered a right wing nut case...before it was proven

Wow, some of you guys are reaching back further than I can. I am 42.

I remember my mother as a flower child.

I also saw them go through disco

I remember that when cars had 80,000 miles on them they were considered worn out.

I remember lids

I remember everybody had a orange lid tupperware rolling tray under their couch

I remember Merry Gins. (currently looking for a few of those, guys)

Cokes (sodas to non Southerners) did not come in plastic

Lone Star cases still had targets on the bottom of the cases

Kids played outside (heck, I wasnt allowed inside during the day)

Folks had pride in Made in America

I could go on and on but I wont.

One more thing, most of us remember when there were no home computers.

I remember some things......I'm sure I've forgotten a lot of others.

I remember when Mexican was always $10 an oz. The size of the bag varied depending on how much was around.

I remember when they started spraying paraquat in Mexico. Suddenly all pot was Columbian and cost $30-$40 an oz. Strangely, most of it looked and smelled exactly the Mexican. I think a lot of it changed nationalities as soon as it came over the border.

I remember the first green buds I ever saw, in the Fall of 1974, from Salmon Creek in So Hum. $25.00 an ounce.
In 1976 I smoked the first really, really good stuff I'd seen. Indica from So. Hum. The guy who grew it gave me a few seeds. I started them, but when they were a foot tall I left for the summer. I gave my five plants to a friend. When I came back in the Fall I could not believe how they looked, and then later could not believe he was getting $100 for ozs.

I remember guys in Salmon Creek who started forcing plants to show sex and then sold female indica starts 18 or so " tall in the Spring for $100.

I remember the first day they had CAMP raids in NorCal......

I remember growing buds in the mid-80s that were every bit as good as anything I've encountered in the last 10 years. I wish I had access to some of those strains today.

bobcat1963

Parker Schnobel
Veteran
I remember being about 11 years old and my Grandmother coming to stay with us,she took a 4 hour bus ride.I had about 20 small plants in cups in the back yard,maybe 10 inches tall.She saw them and I told her they were tomatoes.So she leaves to go home,and one of my plants is gone.Mom told grandma to take one with her on the bus.So picture a 70 year old woman riding a bus for 4 hours with a pot plant on her lap.:):thank you:

I remember being about 11 years old and my Grandmother coming to stay with us,she took a 4 hour bus ride.I had about 20 small plants in cups in the back yard,maybe 10 inches tall.She saw them and I told her they were tomatoes.So she leaves to go home,and one of my plants is gone.Mom told grandma to take one with her on the bus.So picture a 70 year old woman riding a bus for 4 hours with a pot plant on her lap.:):thank you:

You were 11 and were already growing grass?

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
when 9 volt transister radios came out, they were AM only didn't even have FM in the old days.

ABongNamedBob

My father claims to remember the grand days of munchies when (apparently) any stoner could go to the convenience store and buy a soda, a bag of chips and a candy bar for under $1.00

What a good time it must have been!