What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Cloning gg#4

jmk18

Hi I've been having a re am hard time cloning gorilla. But I have no problems with other strains. Such as ak47 and sleestack.. Anyways I've only been able to get like 2 clones out of like 50 in a diy aeroponics. I've tried two cups on top of each other. I notice they take a lot longer than other strains. I also dip it in cloned gel. Any suggestions on what s the best way to clone gorilla. Here's a pic of my gg#4 at like 40 days

Attachments

• 20160312_072600.jpg
    20160312_072600.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 43

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey jmk18, I was having that exact problem with GG#4. I got 1 out of 50+ to live awhile back. Saddly I lost the battle and was wrecking my brain over the loss. I had a friend talk to me quite a bit and tell me to calm down and everything would work out. They even suggested a few cloning techniques to use in the future. 1 was a Clone King, which I read you have a diy aero cloner, and another was the lil amazon (which is like a rainforest in a domed container that your cuts will love).

I can only pass off the same advice that my friend gave me. Take a step back breath, you got this. Clean your cloner very good and make sure you are taking cuts off a healthy mom. Try the lil amazon it works (from a member on here, they can explain it in very good detail, will ask them to check this thread out). Hope your luck changes soon and you get some nice healthy clones, take care 1

jmk18

I just don't understand it because any other strain will clone fine.. Do u have a link for that dome thing on amazon. Here's one I just flowered out. The smoke is amazing

Attachments

• 20160320_075215.jpg
    20160320_075215.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160309_063035.jpg
    20160309_063035.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 46
N

NewAgeGenetics

usually 18 days to root, not the fastest but not the hardest to clone.

in 60 days from cut I have huge plants, ready to flower.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey jmk18, no I don't have a link its not on amazon. Its called "The Lil Amazon". A seed tray with a humidity dome will work fine for it. I hit up my friend and asked them to check out this thread. Sorry I have to go but I will check back on this thread tomorrow and assist you. Hopefully my friend stops by by then. Take care 1

P.S. Nice looking plant and buds.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just took a few cuts myself, popped them in my old EZ-Cloner and just waiting for now.

In the EZ-Cloner, I put 4 gallons of water & 1/4 tsp of calcium hypochlorite (pool shock). I let it sit running for a few hours to clean then dumped & refilled w the same mix. It's day 3 today and all looks good so far. If I see the clones begin to fade I'll toss in some GO Bio Root.

Wish me luck. Most of these clones will be given away. :biggrin:

Almost forgot to mention, this method worked well for me the last time I used my cloner (last spring) after multiple cloning failures.

I've had 100% success with gorrila clones ,heat mat, humidity dome ,root riots ,clonex ....roots in about 7-8 days . Ready for a solo cup in 10 . BTW I bought an ez cloner years ago after witnessing my cousin get roots in 4-5 days it was amazing. I had no luck with it tho and gave it to a friend , root riots always give me great results

frostqueen

Hey there - I've had great results with harder-to-clone types by giving the moms a spray every 3 days or so with something like Algamic or Rootamentary. Do this for the two weeks prior to taking your cuts and that should really speed up rooting. You can also water the moms with root stimulators like the Rootamentary or Rhizotonic for this two weeks prior and get them primed for rooting.

I use Snype's cloning formula and get 100% most of the time. It basically kicks ass.

per gallon:

2 ml GH micro
3 ml GH bloom
6 drops Superthrive
6 ml calcium hypochlorite solution (1 gram pool shock mixed into 1 gallon of water)

Resist the urge to tweak this recipe. It is perfect. You can bring temps up to 80F without problems. Do a search for more details on Snype'e formula. Note that this is a sterile technique; adding anything 'bio' is completely pointless as the pool shock will just kill it.

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey jmk18, guess i'm a little late. roughcountrybul's method is basically the same thing, just remember to put some water in the bottom of the tray so that the heating pad with make it humid in there. Also take the top off several times a day for air exchange. Hope this helps and GL with your cloning. Take care 1

rockcopper

I made my own version of lilamazon . I use starter tray with vented dome available most hardware stores. Egg crate size tray inserts are perfect fit for root riot type plugs. I increase my results by adding a control able seed Matt I set it for 74-76 degree works very well.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GG#4 is 1 of the easiest to root for me. I was using RR with Clonex. I use a wicking mat method so I don't need to mist the plugs ever. I also added a heat mat if needed. This has worked well 95% Success. This is being phased out. I have moved to my own DIY mist cloner these are running at 100%. The plants I was having a hard time with are now rooting with no issues.

KONY

Veteran
GG#4 is 1 of the easiest to root for me. I was using RR with Clonex. I use a wicking mat method so I don't need to mist the plugs ever. I also added a heat mat if needed. This has worked well 95% Success. This is being phased out. I have moved to my own DIY mist cloner these are running at 100%. The plants I was having a hard time with are now rooting with no issues.

One of the easier ones for us too, roots in 10 days in Root Riots, with dipngrow

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have got her to pop roots in 5 days. Many of my plats root 5-7 days. The older cuts like Chem 91 Chem D take longer due to there age. .

C

cooterbrown420

been experimenting with a new rooting mix. so far i am liking what I see.

picture.php

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mine are beginning to show roots after 12 days in RO water but I realized they were Mg defficient after I took the cuts & added some 1-1-1 Bio Root, Epsom & Agsil about 3 days ago. 20% are showing roots now. The rest should catch up fairly quickly I'm thinking.

Does an air line to the res make roots come a bit quicker w GG#4?
The other strain made roots in about 5-7 days. I need to transplant them before the roots get out of control.

jmk18

Figured it out guys. Needed more cal mag bcuz it was showing of purpling stems. So I fed her an now I got clones fully rooted... Thanks everyone for helping me out

fido

Hey there - I've had great results with harder-to-clone types by giving the moms a spray every 3 days or so with something like Algamic or Rootamentary. Do this for the two weeks prior to taking your cuts and that should really speed up rooting. You can also water the moms with root stimulators like the Rootamentary or Rhizotonic for this two weeks prior and get them primed for rooting.

I use Snype's cloning formula and get 100% most of the time. It basically kicks ass.

per gallon:

2 ml GH micro
3 ml GH bloom
6 drops Superthrive
6 ml calcium hypochlorite solution (1 gram pool shock mixed into 1 gallon of water)

Resist the urge to tweak this recipe. It is perfect. You can bring temps up to 80F without problems. Do a search for more details on Snype'e formula. Note that this is a sterile technique; adding anything 'bio' is completely pointless as the pool shock will just kill it.
i miss snype. that boy knew his stuff.
fido