What's new

Cloning gg#4

jmk18

Figured out my problem. I ditched the aero cloned for some rapid rioters with a tray humidity dome an heat pad. Now I'm getting roughly 90_95% with my clones ..

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
I will post up my cloning method works for everything ... Doesn't matter if they are known hard cloners or super easy it works 99.9% of the time for anything. Getting 99.9% success rate for yrs. Now. I only say 99.9% because I had 3 die out of 100s but those 3 were taken from a very unhealthy mom that got sick. So as long as you mom is semi decent in health this method will work for you. I will post up pics when I take them tomorrow and go through the process from cut to rooting with y'all.

I had the GG#4 in my hands about a yr ago but she was far to damaged when I got her and she didn't survive ;(.

SGS

SGS

In The Garden
Veteran
Oh and these are bare root clones so they can go into anything you want them to... Soil.. Coco.. Or DWC hydro is the reason I started using this method... it is by far one of the easiest ways to clone with such a high success rate.. Anyone can do this.

SGS

Last edited:

YetiOG

Figured out my problem. I ditched the aero cloned for some rapid rioters with a tray humidity dome an heat pad. Now I'm getting roughly 90_95% with my clones ..

I like those. Ditch the heat pad though unless your room is cool. Litterally no need and encourages problems.

I soak plugs in the same solution i veg with. Works really well for no yellow clones, they take off much faster and stay totally green.

I prefer now to root in the medium i grow in. Generally though if you use plugs use natural plugs for natural medium and inert plugs for inert medium. I grow in i ert medium now, mixture of perlite and rockwool croutons,
I clone in it too its rad.

SGS has great luck with a cloning machine but ive always had better luck with plugs myself. Everyone seems to find success in different places

MurdaMishou

Best results I have had with Cloning GG4 is Make your cuts like you were going to place it into an aerocloner, plugs, etc. Scrape with a razor blade the last couple inches of the stem where you made the cut. Then place the fresh cuttings in a cup of fresh water that has some dissolved rooting hormone gel. Have had roots start to show as soon as next day. Also helps to take cuts soon after a feeding.