What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

morocco,the rif mountains 2009

hi jamie i think its cheaper to fly into malaga head down to algerciras an get the boat over to tangier.thats the way most moroccans from europe travel to morocco.You can travel from marakesh to fez then on to chef but i have no idea on the price

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
thanks for the info mate... although hearing that it costs more like 50 quid a night to stay there, my plans are being changed a bit. I had no idea it was so expensive :)

i got it for that price as i say my friends is well respected in the village if i didnt get it for that price i would not have stayed there.mate there is loads of really cheap places about for 10 -20 euro

what the locals smoke KIF

what the locals smoke KIF

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

JamieShoes

Veteran
I'll keep looking at accomodation... mate, sounds like you and friends got a great deal :)

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Great thread m8, even tho i can't see half the pictures :1help:

Do you travel alone?
And how much do you usually smoke in a day?
Grams like..

Rep+
+Thanks.

:)

JamieShoes

Veteran
after not too much searching, I found that u can stay at Pension Souika for 5.25 euros a night :D

hi bad ticket yes i travel alone and i smoke about 5-10 gram a day in morocco not so much in my own country as the quality is shit and its expensive. hey jamie for 10-20 euros u can get a nice place

JamieShoes

Veteran
thats pretty cool mate :)

maybe I'll book a couple of nights at the 5 euro place and use it as a base to find somewhere better... at least at that price, my trip is back on :D

B

B. Self Reliant

Hey ResinSeeker, just curious. . what do the locals think of us, especially Americans, who smoke more bud than we do kif or hash? Do they see it as purely a preference? DO they see smoking bud as less"refined"? Or do they see it as an economical choice? What's their cultural view on that?

I've never heard of anyone going over there and smoking unprocessed bud, that's why I ask.

love?

B. Self Reliant: I think I remember reading that before western counter culture travelers went to Morocco in the 60's and taught them to make hash the common thing to smoke was practically seeded bud with the seeds removed. Whether or not anyone but really old tokers even remembers that anymore over there I don't know. Still, I doubt they see smoking bud as anything "special" in a good or in a bad way.

Not that I don't want to hear resin seeker's thoughts on the subject. :)

And maybe a Moroccan ICMagger could give his or her thoughts too, I'm sure there are a few!

The locals smoke kif purely because thats what they have been doing for a long time they didnt start to make hash till the 60,s and economic reasons hash is to expensive for most moroccans and its just business to them.I would go to the local coffeeshop once an a while to watch tv an have some mint tea(they dont sell hash but you can smoke)there were a bunch of student regulars i got to know as they were curious as i was they only white person there they would all sit round wacthing me load up the pipe an puff away.I noticed they were all smoking kif in there wooden pipes so the sign of a westener with hash an a fancy pipe was great fun for them.not that they dont see westerners smoking hash they do its just not many go the local coffeeshop they prefer the hostel or hotel.they were one of the most friendly bunch of guys i met so after a few nites i got to no some of them well so i asked why you guys not smoke hash the reply was it was to expensive for them so since i had loads of hash i started to load up the pipe for them at the start they refused but slowly came to my way of thinking an once one tried a few more joined in i must say these guys are light weights after two pipes they were fucked up an refusing more they would say"hash to strong my friend me smoke kif nice an relaxing"

In the coffeeshop there a tv on the wall and loads of tables an chairs facing it.So once i was getting on well with everyone i would play a little joke on them.I would go into the coffeeshop have some tea and pipes then when everyone was watching tv i would shout MOHAMMED and about half of them would all turn at once lol after a few nites they would all sit in silence waiting on me saying MOHAMMED when i did shout it the whole coffeeshop would be in fits of laughter lol

hom

Veteran
The prices for hashish are really up to you, the traveller. While the locals will offer you "primero" and "OO" for anything up to 10 euro a gram (cheeky), if you know someone up the mountains the price drops considerably. Depending on quality and the weight you buy, 100 grams of the finest new breeds( skunk hash, mexican hash, jamaican..etc) should set you back about 2euro a gram. For really fine moroccan(almost impossible to find outside Ketama) your lookin 1- 1.20 euro a gram. Second an third rate pollen about .50-.80 cent a gram. Even met some crazy freaks who offered me 9 bars of soap hashish with absolutely no hash in it. You could buy a suitcase full for a few hundread an walk it thru customs cuz its not illegal.... No hash in it. Strange but true. Probably the same shit that everyone in europe has hopefully stopped smoking. Peace and whackedness to all....

in malaga i stayed in a hostal called babia its not long open the owners are very friendly two spanish guys in partnership one had me up all night drinking whisky with him for FREE.The place is run by two lovely blonde polish girls and there very friendly the place only cost 14 euro a night and its very clean and u get free breakfast and internet.so if ur in malaga this is the place to stay they have there own website so check it out www.babiahostel.com