What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

morocco,the rif mountains 2009

caramellos

caramellos

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
cost 1.25 euro per gram

E

EvilTwin

Hey RS,
Nice thread and nice pictures. Even though It's unlikely I'll ever travel there...did you find acceptance as a westerner? Morocco is a very moderate Muslim country, but as an American...would I be safe? I understand that it's always wise to learn local culturally appropriate behavior and dress. But I'm more concerned about hostility in general toward Americans.

Any comments on that subject?
ET

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great thread man, I am a travel addict and love reading about this stuff. I plan to visit morocco one day, but for now it is fun to live vicariously though pics. thanks for sharing man.

Eviltwin i understand your concerns so i will give you information by me someone who has been there not info off the net not saying the net wrong just better to have info from people who has been there.First off hospitality is a muslim tradition and the moroccans i met were some of the friendliest people ive met.All guests are treated like family first hand shakes and a touch off the heart then the mint teas out some homemade bread and sweets and before you know it there a party!!i was in chef for two weeks and in that time i seen at least 4-5 coach loads of americans chef is a popular tourist spot so americans have no problem.Moroccans are used to seeing young white westerners they have been coming to morocco from the 1960,s and my advice is were whatever clothes you like the moroccans dont care what clothes u have on as long as ur buying ha ha !!!!any more questions ask away eviltwin

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Not much has changed since 1970 when I was first up in the mountains making hash, sure they make 1,000 times as much as they did back then, but the quality in general is worse, the plants are much worse, mostly small and grown in very poor soil with artificial fertilizers and very little water. It is the nature of the industry that if a Moroccan farmer has a plant that makes more resin then normal, like imported seeds, they just make all that much more diluted hash, they don't want to make stronger hash, they want more hash, they make a lot more money selling lots of 3rd quality, rather then a smaller amount of super first quality. The farmers are poor how can you blame them? They want to maximize profit not quality, it is the nature of the industry.
When I was there in the 1980's me and Rob Clarke made resin from 100 kilos of dried plants (super high quality local Moroccan), we first manicured and separated all the leaves (maybe 25 kg), then removed all the sticks and seeds (another maybe 40 Kg), them made hash by gently shaking the 25-35 Kg clean flowers over a screen, we got 150 grams of resin that melted and almost bubbled, the best Moroccan I have ever seen, the farmers all agreed it was the best they ever saw, pulled like gum. Not one farmer was interested in making it as they normally get 10-20 kilos of "00" hash, their best from 100 Kg plants. While I understand why they do what they do, I can't stand resin with dirt, dust, plant debris, or any other impurity. It is an art to me not a business, they are not in the same world as me, I understand, but I don't like what they make, it is all about money not making the best...

-SamS

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I guess bad hash is like bad music, there is always someone willing to buy it.:nanana:

thanks for the input sam good to here from someone who has been in the mountains and understands the business.am planning another trip soon to a cannabis producing country any ideas on where to go?i would love some input from you on this subject as you have been to many cannabis producing countrys.RESIN SEEKER

E

EvilTwin

Hi Resin Seeker...
Cool that Sam has experiences to relate to your travels.

The places in Moroco that become well known are often because of movies (Casablanca) and music (Marakesh Express)...well and of course hashish. You been to either of those places? Be fun to hear first hand contemporary accounts of those mythical cites.
ET

Hi eviltwin sorry mate no i havent been casablanca or marakesh just tangier and chef and a few other villages.I went to morocco on a hashish mission so i was in the mountains not the big cities sorry i have no first hand info on casa or marakesh RESIN SEEKER.

E

EvilTwin

RS,
You know you're making our mouths water. I haven't smoked any real hashish since the 60s. We used to get ounces of a greenish powdery hash. Always shaped like the heel of a shoe. And always very primo stuff.

We never knew where it came from. It was called Green Death...
ET