What's new

Super Lemon Haze= Dissapointment!

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
After all the hype of this strain, i was expecting something special. It has a decent smell, nothing i havent smelled before. Decent production, and the trichs were pretty much visible with the naked eye. They seem to stand out and sparkle more than most strains. Maybe it was just a bad pheno i was gifted. Im not saying its the worst strain ever, Its jus mas o menos (so so) in my book, senior. She only needed 70 days til amber, and was run with a bunch of strains on the GH 6/9 formula. She hated every day of it lol! Thats a little too much food for her so i would just dilute the nute solution in half by adding water and then hit up the two super lemon hazes. On the good side, i think its a good morning strain to smoke. I only have 2 morning strains so i will probly add this one. They keep me up and get me goin! Better than coffee!
I didnt give these plants the attention they really needed, so im not going to make a definite decision until i give them one more run. Honestly tho, i dont think it will make a difference. Sorry the huge put down, maybe i just have a high tolerance or somethin. Or maybe i jus didnt get a decent pheno. who knows.

belgowiet

hey i never grew them but bought slh 4-5 times in gh coffeeshop @ the Dam
and it didnt tasted good or got me really high..

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
ill tell you right now its pheno dependant...i had a killer pheno that i got from a single freebie seed i got with another order...i have since ordered 2 x 10 packs and not found anything super special, but i do plan to order more to find that special one because she was worth it

BadRabbit

After all the hype of this strain, i was expecting something special. It has a decent smell, nothing i havent smelled before. Decent production, and the trichs were pretty much visible with the naked eye. They seem to stand out and sparkle more than most strains. Maybe it was just a bad pheno i was gifted. Im not saying its the worst strain ever, Its jus mas o menos (so so) in my book, senior. She only needed 70 days til amber, and was run with a bunch of strains on the GH 6/9 formula. She hated every day of it lol! Thats a little too much food for her so i would just dilute the nute solution in half by adding water and then hit up the two super lemon hazes. On the good side, i think its a good morning strain to smoke. I only have 2 morning strains so i will probly add this one. They keep me up and get me goin! Better than coffee!
I didnt give these plants the attention they really needed, so im not going to make a definite decision until i give them one more run. Honestly tho, i dont think it will make a difference. Sorry the huge put down, maybe i just have a high tolerance or somethin. Or maybe i jus didnt get a decent pheno. who knows.

smurfin .... I'm the last guy to stick up for GHS much, but you really can't judge from one pheno. I ran a pack and had only 1 so-so, plant, the rest ranged from good to great and I still have 2 phenos running today ....

I'd recommend it to most people, but there's no way you can expect such consistency that every plant will be spectacular.

Lung.Butter

I had a killer sat pheno in one pack, as good as anything, all the others were mediocre to good though, more like lemon skunk.

Mister_D

Veteran
Ran a clone of SLH last year and i'm still kicking myself for not taking clones off it. Serious fire with lemon drop candy and haze taste that stayed in the mouth for a good 5 mins after smoking. Potent as hell too, beat out the real sour diesel cut I grew at the same time. Not sure if this is just a super rare pheno or what as I havn't run the seed strain, but I would looking for something similar. If what you have is sub-par i'd ditch it and run some seeds or look for a different cut.

Lung.Butter

I dont think it's that rare, if you run a pack or two you'll probably get a killer plant. Mine was a really stretchy haze pheno with golfball buds, took around 11 weeks.

Very strong chemical lemon taste, reminds me of doing the dishes.

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Try again.. There are killer phenos to be found

picture.php
picture.php

RetroGrow

Veteran
Must say I love the SLH. As always, some plants are better than others, but even my worst one was still good. Definitely at the top of my list for taste and high. Basically, it's lemony Super Silver Haze.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Well i hope i find a good pheno one day. I recieved this a clone. I didnt grow from seed. The stuff i have looks nothing like the one pictured.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
1g of SLH I bought at GHS during the 2011 HTCC was the best smoke I had there, a fantastic euphoric sociable high, 10/10 potency, clearly an all time top 5 herb. The Hawaiian Snow they entered that I saw was very poor in comparison.

Here outdoors I also got nute issues, the one I had was clearly a light feeder, but despite having 1000s of seeds sitting here ready to grow, i will be buying a pack of SLH to run one or two in my small 2012 OD garden.

growbie1

smurfin, go for a try!
i got 5 different phenos right now. i consider only 1 of them to be a "mediocre" high. The rest of the girls just lifts you up!
3 good producers, 1 mediocre and 1 really really bad.

If anyone grows a decent amount of SLH, and isn't able to find a keeper, high-wise, he or she is either a real crappy grower, or a ghs-hater imho:tiphat:
(i'm a crappy grower myself and am still able to make them taste like lemon candy and hit like hell ;) )

the mother? side (citral skunk) is nothing strong at all, however great aroma + some other characteristic
the haze is that can boost the effect, so definitely pheno question
but i have nothing to do with ghs so i just guess
2cents.gif

ahm, don't know where citral comes from, but
its lemon skunk. which is in my oppion a very very nice oldschool strain that hasn't lost any of its quality

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Popped 5 seeds last year and got different phenos. 3 of the 5 were what I would describe as great/excellent smoke. The other two were sorta "meh."

I wish I had taken a cut or three of the really good ones, but I just wanted to do a trial run first to see what I got from 5 seeds.

HB.

smurfin'herb

Registered Cannabis User
Veteran
Ya know what fellas.. i just looked at some citral skunk pics and i can defenitley tell you that the pheno i had carried the same kind of traits and description. No hazy traits in this one other than long skinny leaves and super low food requirements.