What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What Nutrient/Additive is being used that's giving me Stomach Cramps and Backaches??

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Heyas! :tiphat:

The last almost year has had me medicating with OPB (Other People's Bud) and I've recently run into 2 growers that have F'd up meds. Essentially they give me a belly and backache within a few minutes of medicating.

Edit: I've found the answer and it's Azamax or Azatrol, sprayed on the plant within 30 days of harvest. At least that was what happend to the plant that gave me the exact same symptoms I've been bitching about. (NEVER spray in flower.) Straight up, some people are sensitive to that and "Good to spray up to day of harvest" advice is NOT for cannabis. (as I've been trying to tell folks for years now)

All I know is that both growers are in soil and that the meds have an off-sweet flavor that I haven't run into in other bud before (that I can remember).

It's definitely from the meds as I've spent time narrowing it down.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. :D

Thanks and....

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Last edited:
The only way to find out is to have a sample analysed by a lab and a complete list of ALL soil and growing products as well as a sample of the water used.

Then the next thing you would need to do is get yourself tested for known alergies. You could be "allergic" to something that is in the smoke or is used on the plants.

You could even be allergic to CBD's, CBN's or THC and there is a fact that there are thousands of "things" in cannabis that have not yet even been identified.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
The only way to find out is to have a sample analysed by a lab and a complete list of ALL soil and growing products as well as a sample of the water used.

Then the next thing you would need to do is get yourself tested for known alergies. You could be "allergic" to something that is in the smoke or is used on the plants.

You could even be allergic to CBD's, CBN's or THC and there is a fact that there are thousands of "things" in cannabis that have not yet even been identified.

Thanks... but it has the same effect on other people as well. It's something they're using in their grows. Two different locations.
I'm trying to get in touch with them now to find out what they're both using in common.

Thanks for the thoughts though.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

If it is affecting EVERYONE who smokes it then that is even MORE reason to have a sample tested IMO. I would for sure want to know what is going with that as who knows what "future" issues you might run into......

I find this particularly alarming since there are SO many people who smoke to relieve chronic back pain and such....

Good luck to you!
Cheers!

Herborizer

Veteran
That sounds so scary. Thank you for sharing this. This type of stuff is one of he main reasons I turned to growing my own. I just couldn't trust the weed from others. Already have enough to deal with, with the current health issues. I don't want more health issues created by the medicine.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
could be unflushed miracle-gro?

But whatever it is, good chance it just wasnt flushed. does it almost taste vitamin-y?

I once cut a sample branch and completely forgot I had just ferted it(with PBP I think. maybe FF) two days before(i had a lot going on), and when dried and smoked it gave me some fucked up stomach cramps and tasted like vitamins sort of, but I pretty much always have a backache so cant really pinpoint it to the bud.

I'd definitely not be gettin off them while trying to find out what it is though.

good luck.

Yep, I also do not trust other growers and the sad fact is most do not even know that they are using a "systemic" type product for example or other known health hazzard or what could lead to a health hazzard if not used properly. See so many growers using things like Pure Flowers and SM-90 which are both systemic products and they have no idea........

HUGE

Veteran
Yep, I also do not trust other growers and the sad fact is most do not even know that they are using a "systemic" type product for example or other known health hazzard or what could lead to a health hazzard if not used properly. See so many growers using things like Pure Flowers and SM-90 which are both systemic products and they have no idea........

I don't think sm-90 is systemic. I believe it's just like coreander oil and some other oils to act as a wetting agent.

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
Advanced Nutrients newest shit is called Munchies™
Munchies™ is our newest supplement designed to make your buds so mouthwatering, your stomach will hurt!

A proprietary formula unlike any other, first we start with dihydrogen monoxide, mix in a little serpentes anoint, nymph particulate, and then loads of hydrogen hydroxide.

200% more Oxidane than our competition!
Advanced Nutrients Munchies™

Your stomach is eating itself, feed it something else.

Or

Youre simply reacting to an unfavorable terpine profile (for you).

CannaBunkerMan

Enormous Member
Veteran
He said other people had the same reaction. I wonder about this...

If other people actually are getting stomach cramps from the same source, then you should call poison control. If it's not in all in your head, then other people could be at risk, and you should be doing something more than ask about it on the internet.

Unflushed weed isn't any more likely to give you a stomach ache than properly flushed weed. If you're smoking pesticides or some other weird chemical that can legitimately make you sick, then the other people who smoked contaminated bud from the same source could be at risk too.

Two different sources, both contaminated with something that can make you sick... while not impossible, it is unlikely enough to call suspect.

S

Señor Chang

My gut instinct when reading the OP was that it could be a topical pesticide.

joe fresh

Mentor
Veteran
My gut instinct when reading the OP was that it could be a topical pesticide.

like Floramite??? or Avid??? i would think along those lines too...

mu other thought would have been maybe some super phosphites/heavy metals like super bud, or flower dragon...ect that could have been sprayed on the plant...

hell maybe they were stupid enough to spray bud candy/wet betty/ pesticide all a week or 2 before cutting...

alot of possibilities either way imo it has to do with something sprayed on the buds and not in the soil/water

reminds me when i was real young and the punks at the park woul spray lemon pledge on their weed to make it "more potent" but obviously it does nothing but give you one really bad headache

schwilly

I have a feeling that probably ~98% of the indoor buds produced around the world would not pass FDA inspection.

So many people out there just throw stupid shit like paclobutrazol, avid, and other toxins at their plants and get away with selling a product that poisons people because there is no regulation in cannabis.

I do not smoke buds unless I personally know the grower now.

northstate

ICMag Donor
Have to agree with the herd about a pesticide of sorts causing your symptoms. I would quit using the meds from these folks. Good luck on them admitting to you they sprayed toxic shit on their product late in the game. Best of luck and organic FTW! NS

BongRipkenJR.

I would say Floramite or Avid.

Also products like Botanicare Sweet and Bud Candy have Phenylalanine in them. I always thought that was a fucked up chemical that causes problems. I could be wrong.

Other products like Gravity or Bushmaster have banned chemicals that arent allowed on food grade crops. Actually, a lot of stuff targeted at the indoor cannabis growing market isnt allowed on food crops. Hmmmmm.

MadBuddhaAbuser

Kush, Sour Diesel, Puday boys
Veteran
I would say Floramite or Avid.

Also products like Botanicare Sweet and Bud Candy have Phenylalanine in them. I always thought that was a fucked up chemical that causes problems. I could be wrong.

Other products like Gravity or Bushmaster have banned chemicals that arent allowed on food grade crops. Actually, a lot of stuff targeted at the indoor cannabis growing market isnt allowed on food crops. Hmmmmm.

It would be REALLY awesome if we compiled a list of ferts with sketchy ingredients and put it up as a sticky in here.

hmmmm.....

Latest posts

Latest posts