What's new

Addicted to buying seeds

BigSmokey

Anyone else have this addiction? Even when I have more than enough genetics to grow i always find a strain that i must have to put in the vault. Thousands of dollars later i still want more :biggrin:

BigSmokey

Hahaha no not yet, but im sure we'd get along! Im a seed slut! Hahahh
The real problem becomes choosing what to grow when you have a lot at your disposal, and a small space to do so in.

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm addicted to say the least. I've got 305 different packs of seeds. Some are approaching 8 years old. I'm going to have to do some studying on how to get these older ones to germinate. At the same time though I don't want the newer ones to age to much either. What a conundrum to deal with, lol.

BigSmokey

Nice work on that pile of healthy beans my friend! Sure would make a nice field haha
I hope to someday reside in a more secluded area, where i can grow larger amounts.
By the way, is that all from one pollinated female plant or several?
You are completely right oldbean! I was just trying to squeeze a few more seedlings into my tent today haha

BigSmokey

Yeah i know what you mean mellowfellow! I think to myself well these beans are old i should sprout them first, but the new genetics are so tempting. I am guilty of probably 80-100 packs. Glad im not the worst haha

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Some people measure their seed addiction by number of packs, some measure by number of kilos. I can't help myself, and I keep making more!

mellowfellow

Tomoka Smoka
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've got tons of og, chemdawg, sour diesel, bubba and other "namebrand" hybrids. It's time for some landraces I think.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I too am an aspiring seed junky. I keep playing tetris to fit another pack into a mason jar every time I get more.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
I had a serious addiction for 15 yrs., grew lots of different stuff (alla the latest and greatest),
but somewhere along the line realized that the high was pretty much the same and NEVER
lived up to the memories of that old-time high I'd been chasing.

Now I find that the urge has just naturally faded, the $400 I was going to spend on new seeds went for new shoes instead!

So I guess the shoe addiction thing has once again taken control!:tongue:

It's always something!:bigeye:

meadowman

i've been giving a bunch away, as i know i'll never live long enough to crack em all.
i recently asked a well known breeder about buying bulk packs direct, he sent the strain i wanted and 2 others.....told me no charge....WTF! lotta cool people on these boards! pay it forward...

Easy7

Veteran
Have faith that new and better seed will be around. It's already leaps and bounds better than when I got into things.

Scrappy-doo

When you're behind on rent and utilities and yet still decide to spend your week's pay on seeds, you know you have a problem. Probably won't grow them for years, but I just had to have them.

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Dang Mellow!

I got the same space problem. Didn't stop me from adding 100+ packs to my stash last year though. :dunno:

Been good lately. Have not made an order since winter.

Anybody else keep a running 'Favorites' list on the Bay? Mines about $500 long right now.

FireIn.TheSky

100 packs in a year, damn and I thought I had it bad. I think Im done for a while now, I've bought about 12-14 packs in the last 6 months, if you add in the freebies its probably closer to 25.

Latest posts

Latest posts