What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Swazi in Thailand - first grow

S

shokdee

Thank you for the supportive feedback, CoMedUsr.

This is my first gorilla grow and "spotted" (swazi28) was taken a day before I was kindly told to move the plants inside. You can contrast this with swazi13, a few weeks earlier, notice how dry it was then. The month of May is the transition between the dry season and the wet season for most of Thailand.

We have a vote from CMUsr for Lady #2.

This is the stocky plant with fat, hairy-leaf phenotype. You see more of her in the fotos starting 2a-2e. In swazi29, you can see the yellowing she suffered for a few days from some organic nutrients. If you look at swazi12, you can see her in the full sunlight.

Some vital statistics: She is 151 cm tall and was supercropped at 64 cm. After pulling the trigger, she was supercropped again at 82 cm. She grew 69 cm since the start of flowering and now has a girth of 162 cm. On Sunday May 12, she will be ending her 6th week of flowering. She has the most intoxicating aroma, which stirs up memories from my DNA. She has been cloned.

- - - - - - - NEWS FLASH - - - - - - - - -

Sadly, contestant #6, the purple-stem phenotype, had to drop out. The heat from the CFLs has singed her curly top, she is disqualified and will be smoked at the judges' discretion. She will be allowed to regenerate at her own pace. She has been cloned.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Last edited:
Thank you for the supportive feedback, CoMedUsr.

This is my first gorilla grow and "spotted" (swazi28) was taken a day before I was kindly told to move the plants inside.

Kindly told? Pardon me if I am mistaken, but don't they hand out the death penalty in Thailand over drugs? At the very least harsh sentences in extremely dangerous jails? I seem to remember a movie about two chicks in Thailand, and several episodes of "Locked up abroad" involving Thailand; none of which had a favorable outcome. You have balls of steel, hats off sir! :tiphat: Good luck, and may the force be with you!

S

shokdee

Hello Bejamin, thank you for checking in.

I've found Thai people to be friendly and very tolerant as long as you show no disrespect for their beliefs and culture. While the government has made a concerted effort to destroy cannabis in Thailand, the local people still feel a deep connection and appreciate its multiple uses. Did you know that the word bong derives from the Thai word บ้อง (baung, bông)?

You have balls of steel, hats off sir! :tiphat: Good luck, and may the force be with you!

I also have crystal balls, so many thanks for the good wishes.

darthvador.gif

Edit: I've been jammin' to Dao Bandon's Bong Ja Bong, Khamron Sambunnanon's songs of the Ganja madman, classic mor lum, and Buddha Bless' นม (milk), dub-step Thai-style.

D

daylighting

They also like to make examples of foreigners in LOS, but yes, being respectful goes a long way, as does bribing cops ASAP so things don't escalate and more people don't have to be paid off. This applies throughout Southeast Asia--be polite, kiss ass if need be, and try to come to an 'agreement' within the first ten minutes.

Despite all the horror stories, Thailand is still full of ganja, yaba (amphetamine) and South American import, and up north, all the opium you can smoke. You just don't want to get caught there!

I smoked a huge spliff with my buddies and a few middle-aged Thai guys in Southern Thailand several years ago...great experience, and the guys were really cool. Without a doubt the best outdoor Asian pot I have ever had. Thai people are among the nicest anywhere if you're respectful. Arrogance will literally get your ass kicked, and a good portion of Thai men have some Muay Thai training under their belts!

S

shokdee

For educational purposes only: How to make a bamboo bong

Edit: A reporter asked Bob Marley how he liked his doughnuts?
He replied; We jammin', jammin', I hope you like jammin' too.

Last edited:
S

shokdee

- - - - - -NEWS FLASH- - - - - -
Dear oh dear, oh dear, lady #2 has also singed her top on the CFLs! Should she be disqualified? Please have a look and let me know how bad is the damage?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've moved lady #7 back outdoors as I can't afford any more damage to the buds. The gallery has been updated with outdoor fotos (see pics 7a-7k). Ladies #1 and #2 are still indoors under DIY-CFL hoods.

Some vital statistics for lady #7: Her name is "Happiness" and she smells of sweet mango. She is 16 weeks old, stands 121 cm tall, and has a girth of 87 cm. She was FiMmed in week 9, when she was 51 cm high. After a brief slowdown, she grew normally. She is currently in her 7th week of flowering.

The outdoor conditions:
Sunrise 05:54
Sunset 18:39
Max 35.3°C
Min 27.0°C
RH 48 %

D

daylighting

Poor girl! The damage doesn't look too bad actually. With flowering sativas I imagine you'd have to move the plants/lights at least once a day to prevent the tops from burning!

Is that green fabric in the outdoor pics for concealment?

35.3 Celsius is no joke!

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
- - - - - -NEWS FLASH- - - - - -
Dear oh dear, oh dear, lady #2 has also singed her top on the CFLs! Should she be disqualified? Please have a look and let me know how bad is the damage?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've moved lady #7 back outdoors as I can't afford any more damage to the buds. The gallery has been updated with outdoor fotos (see pics 7a-7k). Ladies #1 and #2 are still indoors under DIY-CFL hoods.

Some vital statistics for lady #7: She is 16 weeks old, stands 121 cm tall, and has a girth of 87 cm. She was FiMmed in week 9, when she was 51 cm high. After a brief slowdown, she grew normally. She is currently in her 7th week of flowering.

The outdoor conditions:
Sunrise 05:54
Sunset 18:39
Max 35.3°C
Min 27.0°C
RH 48 %

Hi Shok - Sorry about your CFL burns but it is a fact of life when using CFL's correctly. I have several CFL burns, almost always on fan leaves as they grow outward and upward. You just have to keep an eye on your plants on a daily basis, especially when they are stretching and adjust your CFL's accordingly.
The burns whilst looking unsightly do no real harm to the plants in the long run. They will get over them.

I would not put the plant outdoors for 2 reasons, security and pests.

S

shokdee

Sawatdee khun Reg and Bootz, thanks for the advice.

Security is my number one pest.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good news everyone, wardrobe say makeup and a hair cut will fix the damage, and I 'll buy contestant #2 "Precious", a pair of new shoes.

S

shokdee

Guys n Grrrls, let me introduce the final contestant, the leggy #1, also reeking of sweet mango .... here's "Patience".
:woohoo:

She is 123 days old today, and stands 180 cm tall, with a girth of 2 meters. She was supercropped at 122 cm, and grew 58 cm since flowering. She is entering week 8 of flowering and her buds are still ssmall and sssoft.

I will update the gallery next week with her latest publicity snaps.

S

shokdee

What an exciting day for me! I'm ready to harvest the first plant from my first grow. It's a bit early for #7, but I need to develop my manicuring and drying skills,
so here she goes....

.. . . 8< snip!

What a wonderful journey it has been, thank you for your patience, and thank you "Happiness". The two remaining ladies will be harvested at a more leisurely pace. My hairy, fat-leaf "Precious" (#2), has a very fat bud.

My unrooted friends, I present my first budshot.

Smoke report: After quick drying, the buds smell faintly of mango, the smoke is smooth and creamy in the mouth. The high is subtle with a strong stoning followed by sleep filled with vivid visuals. Good for late at night before bed.

In other news, I'm the proud father of 15 Durban Poison seedlings, welcome to fresh air and sunlight my little children.

:rtfo::party:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts