What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Swazi in Thailand - first grow

S

shokdee

Hi Hatter and many thanks for your thoughtful comments. I'll try update the fotos in the next few days.

What do you want to see most: buds, the entire plant, top-down, leaf shape, just let me know.

D

daylighting

Shokdee, sawadee krab--this may help now that you have a loupe!

https://www.icmag.com/modules/Tutorials/Harvesting and Curing/1529.htm

If you look at your buds, you'll see these little stalks with heads on them; like mini Zulu knobkierries or...mini Zulu knobs? :D

Since you're growing Swazi in Thailand...this applies to you.

THCV:
tetrahydrocannabivarin - prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of cannabis. It is said to produce a ?clearer high? & seems to possess many of the therapeutic properties of THC.

You want the little heads to go cloudy. Many harvest when half go cloudy. Some like the buds a little earlier and some a little later. I tend to harvest buds when they're done and leave the ones that aren't done on the plant to mature a little more. Just my way of doing things!

S

shokdee

I see clouds! It's raining again, Mother Nature's blessings.

If you look at your buds, you'll see these little stalks with heads on them; like mini Zulu knobkierries or...mini Zulu knobs? :D

Do you read Swahilli? Dankie, dis lekker boet. Thanks for the link, got some reading to do. Then I'm off to look for "Zulu knobs" heehee.

I think I'm getting the hang of this now, even know how to use the loop.
:blowbubbles:

- - -
EDIT: Hope you're getting Sunshine, daylighting. Have you seen the thread by Purple Clouds?

Last edited:
S

shokdee

THCV: tetrahydrocannabivarin

THCV: tetrahydrocannabivarin

THCV:
tetrahydrocannabivarin - prevalent in certain South African and Southeast Asian strains of cannabis. It is said to produce a ?clearer high? & seems to possess many of the therapeutic properties of THC.

and did you know, that tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV, THV) is a homologue of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) having a propyl (3-carbon) side chain? This terpeno-phenolic compound is found naturally in Cannabis, sometimes in significant amounts. The psychoactive effects of THCV ... are not well characterized. (Thanks Wikipedia)

Hope it's prevalent in my strain, side chains and all

D

daylighting

I'll check Purple Clouds' threads out now! Glad to be of help and I can read it to some extent since I speak a somewhat similar European language. ;) Dunno about being called lekker though! lol

S

shokdee

SAFETY FIRST

SAFETY FIRST

=! UPDATE SECURITY WARNING !=

Growing cannabis is illegal in Thailand!

Yesterday, I received a friendly call, warning me to move all my plants inside. I quickly moved all the plants inside, #1 is nearly 3 m tall. Khun Jan, I owe you a bottle of double black my real-life friend.

Safety first folks, safety first. I can count my lucky stars I'm still here today.

I'll continue flowering them indoors under CFLs.

See you again when the sky is clear

EDIT: BIG thank you to Andyo for the reassuring voice. Flesh & blood friends are always more important then online ones, take care of your loved ones.
:thank you: Andyo

oldbootz

Veteran
Greetings from Africa my friend.

I was born in Durban yet it is still very tough to get a pure Durban Poison sativa down here. Most of the lines are mixed with euro genetics these days and also cross pollinated with the other african varieties like swazi.

I have grown many many swazi in the past they are great plants!

Nice to see your grow, hope you find a good one to clone from in the future.

D

daylighting

Yikes...lucky that you got a head's up before the king's men (literally) came marching in...

S

shokdee

Yikes...lucky that you got a head's up before the king's men (literally) came marching in...
Haha yikes, do you also speak Jabberwocky?

У Вас большие возможности. Вы освоили основные положения Новой Хронологии. Знакомы с археологией и развитием технологий производства. Знакомы с мировыми религиями и с уровнями развития человеческого разума. Видите кардинальное несоответствие официальных доктрин Буддизма и уровня развития те, кого считают буддистами.

Хорошая база знаний и умений, для того, кто хочет понять прошлое Человечества.

Yes, Lady Luck loves me, else it's "off with his head, off with his head"

:faint:

S

shokdee

Folks, sorry about the goobledegook, but daylighting likes talking Gibberish.

In other news, I decided to cut down 2 ladies, #8 and #9 the smallest plants, to make more space for the lights. I've left 3-4 inches of stem to regenerate, repotted them into small grow bags, and will keep them under 24 hour lights to see what happens.

I'll use the toaster method to quick dry & sample buds. It's way too early, but what the hay. Only 2-3 weeks to go until the grow finishes.

:smokeit:

Update - they didn't regenerate.

Last edited:
S

shokdee

Swazi genetics

Swazi genetics

Not stealing anyone's fire, but maryjaneismyfre made a great summary of the situation in the Strain Hunters-Swaziland is out thread:

Just got to watch the full video to the end, damn slow connections haha! So thanks the strainhunters crew for documenting those beautiful plants, fields and hybrids. Although it is sad that the 'swazi brick' as we know it as well as the tall Swazi sativa is on the way out, the blame it seems lies not with handing out of inferior genetics by seedbanks but with criminal international drug laws, the UN, US and 'monsanto' (Roundup).

Well done to the Swazi growers of good weed..Doing so much with the little that you have..

Thanks to Sam the Skunkman for breeding us better plants and thanks to Cervantes for making DVD's and garden videos that made their way to the hills of africa bootleg style.

It all started with a seed ey :wink:
Price of Swazi is so low because of market dynamics. Apparently even though the money that gets to the farmers is a tenth of that of top shelf stuff, it has still increased at least tenfold to what they used to get for the seeded untrimmed watered down Swazi skunk..

Mamas get employed to trim en mass and the mass markets elsewhere (from across the border and seas) get a large amount of cheaper high quality product to help out in these days when money is a bit tight and good weed is pricy. On a plus for swaziland, their good dope gets now sold by the g rather than bag at street level and is a very good smoke for the price and this makes its way back to the fields. Swazi weed has gotten more expensive in general but good outdoor spliff has gotten cheaper because of their top grades, I've smoked so much good weed in the last two or three years from Swaziland that was every flavor and color and loved it. It was a reasonable price and quality was exceptional sometimes. Easily standing up to the best.

I think the last time I got unhybridised Swazi was maybe way back in 2001-4. If I really think about it, was it unhybridised? .. Skunk was introduced there for at least a decade before I even started smoking...

What they are ending up with now in Swaziland after all the injection of genetics from people all over the world is a melting pot of sativa dominant hybrids of the highest class, they will segregate more and more into different genelines that have different flower times and they will only get better as nature selects against the weak and lets the strong survive in humid and lush sub-tropics that suit mold. That is how we got the pest and mold resistant Swazi in the first place, letting nature take its course in testing environments.
Thanks maryjaneismyfre for the insightful info.

Last edited:
S

shokdee

Now I want some Swazi!

Oh no! Another one!
- Yes, Charlie, another one.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good news everyone, I've updated the Swazi gallery, start from picture swazi27, if you've seen it be4. Next update will be the harvest!

I noticed my Gallery space has increased to 500 MBs! Thank you very much to all the people at IC Mag and all the Sponsors.
:thank you:

S

shokdee

Good news everyone, I updated the gallery again. Please have a look at the 4 finalists for Miss Swaziland in Thailand 2013: Ladies #1, #2, #6 and #7.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

:monkeyeat
Update: Time to monkey around, then play "What's that fruit?" in the garden gallery. Which is the Miracle tree, which the Dragon fruit, where's the Neem?

Update2: Lady #6 has been disqualified!

Latest posts

Latest posts