What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Last couple weeks of flower...bud enhancer?

So I'm on the last couple weeks of flower with some of my outdoor plants. By couple I means 3 weeks or so. Wondering if I would still benefit from using some type of bud enhancer. This includes the many different types of enhancers you can find at the store (ie bud candy by AN) and also organic sources such as wholesome sweeteners organic molasses. I have 1-2 weeks on a couple of my plants that I probably shouldn't use them on, but will the plants with 2.5-3.5 weeks left benefit from any of these products? I'm mainly thinking about using the molasses but have heard that some stop in the last couple weeks and some go until harvest. Will using it this late in flower affect the taste of my bud? Thanks for any help.

-t4k

Mephi

Hi-

the well of knowledge. Ever dippt in ?
Nevertold-never asked Question ?

May be-foliar -to give an answer.

Necessary- I doubt.
Never seen a change in Potency or Smell or Budproof.
Usually here it is bad style to give a " smell with it"

"Benifitting" are only yer thoughts.
My opinion only
Coco and Earth.

But I am European- lets wait what the Boyz will call up here:)

Mephi

F_T_P!

Save the molasses for your first few days of flush. I would not add any boosters or ferts beyond your base nutrients at this point. Up your bloom base nutes ppm, add a carb source like bud candy or flora nectar and get some rock resinator. This stuff will trich out your meds and harden them up also, well worth the money with an application rate of 4ml a gallon.

This worked great for me last run and keeps things simple. Good luck on a dank harvest.

Save the molasses for your first few days of flush. I would not add any boosters or ferts beyond your base nutrients at this point. Up your bloom base nutes ppm, add a carb source like bud candy or flora nectar and get some rock resinator. This stuff will trich out your meds and harden them up also, well worth the money with an application rate of 4ml a gallon.

This worked great for me last run and keeps things simple. Good luck on a dank harvest.

keeping it simple is something I always try to to do. I've definitely been upping the bloom base nutes and I went and got some unsulphured blackstrap molasses to add to the mix. I'm gonna get some type of bud hardener (rock resinator) like you mentioned as well, tomorrow hopefully. The harvest is looking dank, thanks for the help!

-t4k

Hi-

the well of knowledge. Ever dippt in ?
Nevertold-never asked Question ?

May be-foliar -to give an answer.

Necessary- I doubt.
Never seen a change in Potency or Smell or Budproof.
Usually here it is bad style to give a " smell with it"

"Benifitting" are only yer thoughts.
My opinion only
Coco and Earth.

But I am European- lets wait what the Boyz will call up here:)

Mephi

Yeah my mention of it adding a smell to the bud was in hopes of hearing that it DOESN'T add smell. I agree it's bad style trying to add a certain smell to your bud through root/foliar feeding, and this isn't my goal in using molasses. I'd say using it as a foliar feed at this point would be more harmful to the taste and smell of my plant than if I were to root feed the molasses. The reasoning behind this is that I've heard molasses can flush chemical nutes from the soil and it increases the microbial life in your soil to aid in flush...so I figure mixing it in with flush water over the next couple weeks is a pretty good idea (worth a try).

Latest posts

Latest posts