What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DTOG's Bunny Ranch

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
As long as you spray/misted down the area after applying the pollen/etc youll probably be fine, the moisture is what wrecks the viabiltiy.

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Hey fellas, with pollen going bad so quick....should I have any worry about viable residue pollen in my tent/room four weeks after I used the tent as a pollination tent? I have listed the inside a few times with water since then. Getting ready to flower another male and don’t need any cross contamination.

Glad to see you back on IC Who Dat :tiphat:

As long as you spray/misted down the area after applying the pollen/etc youll probably be fine, the moisture is what wrecks the viabiltiy.

I was gonna say the same thing. Spray everything down good afetr with water and good to go. When I have used a room/tent to make seeds. After the seeded plants are harvested, I get one of those cheap $10 pump sprayers. Load it up with a bleach water solution and go to town. Spray everything , then go thru a roll of paper towels wiping everything down.

Side note : The movie Dumb and Dumber is on MTV right now. That was my grandpa's all-time favorite movie(even though he was born in the early 1930's, lol) . He used to call me every time it was on T.V. to let me know. I hope to have that kind of relationship with my grandkids.

nickman

Veteran
Well...….just dusted an entire plant of Chem4 last night with Copper Chem pollen. Essentially making Chem4 BX2 seeds. Hopefully the pollen was still viable. It is a few months old. Been in the fridge since like 2 days after I collected it. Took it out of the fridge , let it sit in ambient temps for two days and used it last night.

It was still light and "fluffy" , so I'm hoping it was viable. If it was, I'm gonna have hundreds and hundreds of seeds. I'll get pics tonight. Did wanna risk getting pollen on anything else. I had shut off all my fans when I did it. Put the Chem4 inside a garbage bag. Pulled the bag up around the plant, then pollenated. Closed the bag up when I was done.
That’s a REALLY good idea with the trash bag ...!!!...

I’ve been having an ich lately about making some seeds ...!!!...
I’ve never tried to make seeds yet... I’d have to get a small tent or something... I just really been thinking about it recently...!!!...

Speaking of tents- my girl looks at this app called WISH !!! they have tents on there for so dam cheap. They must be poorly made I would think. But for just using it for making seeds would be fine I’d think.

Sorry, I was just rambling on

Robney

I’ve never tried to make seeds yet... I’d have to get a small tent or something... I just really been thinking about it recently...!!!...

Speaking of tents- my girl looks at this app called WISH !!! they have tents on there for so dam cheap. They must be poorly made I would think. But for just using it for making seeds would be fine I’d think.

Be careful man, some tents can offgas and you'll have weird issues that seem like bugs or deficiencies pop up. I had a tent that was offgassing and after a month or two of it being gone, you could see on how tall each plant was when the offgassing stopped cuz there was a noticeable difference in growth once it was gone. Also, I know of wish cuz everyone's girl is on it, and it's just the cheapest chinese merch you can find, so I'd be a bit wary of using a tent from them. I'd say it's worth the price difference to get one that people can vouch for.

I wish I took photos of this one gfxss cuz it had tiny little leaves for the first foot and a half and then exploded into hand size leaves for the rest of its growth. Really crazy to see such a remarkable change just from throwing out a tent.

Robney

DTOG - you're gonna be Double Triple chem with that chem 4 to copper chem cross! You're gonna have some serious stanky fire right there!

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor

Thanks man. An even better idea would have been to take the plant out of the room and pollinate it. But that wasn't an option seeing how if was like 11f outside, lol. And you should make some of your own seeds. Almost nothing in growing cannabis is more rewarding than seeing the seeds you make grown out.

DTOG - you're gonna be Double Triple chem with that chem 4 to copper chem cross! You're gonna have some serious stanky fire right there!

That was the goal my man. The male is an already proven male as well. Remember the member mushroombrew ? Well the Copper Chem male came from him. He made several crosses with the same male. Said he was definitely good for breeding. If you've seen his work, you'll understand why I took him at his word.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Took a few pics last night. Look at the size of this fucking thing. It's also in a hybrid type medium. Coco up top, and then a soil filled container it was set inside of.

SFV x 4DD

picture.php

This one stretched at least 3x, maybe even 4x. (Tk91 x Cookie Crisp) x SSH F2, which I call Silver Crisp. Got a little too close to the hood and I was in the process of dialing the room back in after the season change. So she foxtailed up top. Gave her a little bit much nutrient wise as well. So she endured a slew of hardships, but is still looking ok.

Silver Crisp

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Robney

That was the goal my man. The male is an already proven male as well. Remember the member mushroombrew ? Well the Copper Chem male came from him. He made several crosses with the same male. Said he was definitely good for breeding. If you've seen his work, you'll understand why I took him at his word.

Hell yeah, I thought his structure looked really familiar. Mushroombrew was an awesome dude, that thread had a ton of good tips and tricks. Your chem 4 bx is gonna be fucked man, can only imagine the smells coming from those babies. Isn't stardawg chem 4 x tres dawg? So it's a double triple chem 4 bx

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Hell yeah, I thought his structure looked really familiar. Mushroombrew was an awesome dude, that thread had a ton of good tips and tricks. Your chem 4 bx is gonna be fucked man, can only imagine the smells coming from those babies. Isn't stardawg chem 4 x tres dawg? So it's a double triple chem 4 bx

Yes that's correct . Gonna be interesting for sure. I'll be looking for earlier finishing plants. Wanna try and make some varieties that finish outside here before the kill frost happens.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
The male is an already proven male as well. Remember the member mushroombrew ? Well the Copper Chem male came from him. He made several crosses with the same male. Said he was definitely good for breeding. If you've seen his work, you'll understand why I took him at his word.

Mushroombrew's copper chem male was beast!

This was his copper chem male at 4 weeks flower 5 feet tall.

picture.php

This was almsot week 5.

picture.php

Americangrower

Veteran
The easiest way to pollinate a whole plant is to just take her out of room, place her anywhere. Like a closet or spare room, dust her, leave her there for 24 hrs then spray her down good let her dry and return her to grow room. They don't need light.

Copper chem crosses I've made so far have turned out killer. I've got a feeling yours is gonna be fire! How long do your chem girls take to finish? My two keeper copper chems seem to like 11 to 12 weeks of bloom... mushroombrew was the reason I got the copper chem seeds to begin with! I'm glad he shared the male with ya. It would have been a shame to let that one slip away.

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Copper chem crosses I've made so far have turned out killer. I've got a feeling yours is gonna be fire! How long do your chem girls take to finish? My two keeper copper chems seem to like 11 to 12 weeks of bloom... mushroombrew was the reason I got the copper chem seeds to begin with! I'm glad he shared the male with ya. It would have been a shame to let that one slip away.

Chem4 is usually 10 weeks. I did spray the plant with plain water last night. Oddly enough, not a lot of pistils were turnt. So I'm gonna dump some more pollen on her later tonight.

I had both males of the Copper Chem he used. "The Stud" and "The Gift". I flowered "The Stud" and collected pollen. But "The Gift" I had to kill off before I had a chance to flower him.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
You can kind of make out another copper chem male to the right in the second picture, he was referring to that one as "cloves" in his thread (he only had 2 males from that pack, pretty sure "the gift" is "cloves"). Had more of a Menorah structure not christmas tree and white pollen he said.

Here is a picture at week 3ish of cloves/the gift:

picture.php

DoubleTripleOG

ICMag Donor
Tried to post a video and it wouldn't work. So I'll just post all the pics I took.

True OG

picture.php

Chem D

picture.php

Chem4

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts