What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

moonshiners show

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Which one ya get Krunch ?
:edit: Duh, i can't read "
micro venom combo"

i wanted to buy the micro venom combo, but he talked me out of it!!!! he said the little glass jar for flavoring is kinda useless because of all the flavor additions you can add at the end. he said the flavoring jar adds just a hint of flavor....

he talked me into buying the Wasp and i told him to make sure he throws in everything i will need and that only consisted of a hydrometer, he said to buy the rest where i live because its to expensive to ship....

AND if you are a hash oil lover high test shine is great for refining your extracted bho or hexane oil into an absolute. then you dont have to use a denatured alcohol. :)

woolybear

Veteran
i wanted to buy the micro venom combo, but he talked me out of it!!!! he said the little glass jar for flavoring is kinda useless because of all the flavor additions you can add at the end. he said the flavoring jar adds just a hint of flavor....

he talked me into buying the Wasp and i told him to make sure he throws in everything i will need and that only consisted of a hydrometer, he said to buy the rest where i live because its to expensive to ship....

shit only $129.95? Shit that's 5 big bottle of whisky, is this a potential new $$$ saver???

thanks kb

Grendelkhan

Moonshine is the next thing that I will be setting up. Check out this site if your looking for a really nice still. Hell I just love all the copper, look like an art piece. http://www.coppermoonshinestills.com/
KB you can make it but you just have to say that your making it for fuel and not to drink. In California we don't really have moonshiners like they do in the south and southwest.

is making moonshine illegal?

Google wasn't much help....

Hey Krunch, yup it sure is. in fact the feds dont have much of a sense of humor about it.
You can get a permit to make ethanol for "cars" ;).
I was looking into it a while ago but never followed through on it.
google ethanol permit, I had the form at one time....here it is....
http://jwbasecamp.com/Articles/SuperCat2/alcoholpermit.pdf
many people out there running without this permit, cost money and alot of a headache just to get it...

supermanlives

Veteran
i liked it . but damn guys use some technology to stay safe. nightvision, thermal cameras , motion alarms, walkers game ears ect. if i had 80 gal of shine i would be MIA for a while LOL

N

Nondual

Hey Krunch, yup it sure is. in fact the feds dont have much of a sense of humor about it.
many people out there running without this permit, cost money and alot of a headache just to get it...
Yeah I had the form too but never followed through. Can't remember the total amount they let you make but a crazy number. Since they let you make it for fuel they take into consideration how much a car really needs. An old carbureted motor is a good candidate. Problem you have is that ethanol wreaks havoc on things like fuel pumps. I talked to Grant to see how they were dealing with the problems and and was still working on it at that time. There's all kind of problems running ethanol through injectors and they gum up real fast. I wanna say they let you make at least 1,000 proof gallons a year, with a proof gallon being like 100 proof I think, but could be more.

supermanlives

Veteran
fuck em . i dont care. wow that site has cheap priced stuff. maybe i will order a cheap one from them for now and get a better one later. now along with grow supplies i am gonna have to sneak in sacks of grain and sugar LOL

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Yeah I had the form too but never followed through. Can't remember the total amount they let you make but a crazy number. Since they let you make it for fuel they take into consideration how much a car really needs. An old carbureted motor is a good candidate. Problem you have is that ethanol wreaks havoc on things like fuel pumps. I talked to Grant to see how they were dealing with the problems and and was still working on it at that time. There's all kind of problems running ethanol through injectors and they gum up real fast. I wanna say they let you make at least 1,000 proof gallons a year, with a proof gallon being like 100 proof I think, but could be more.

my boy runs ethanol in his Grand National and i run Methanol in my alchy injection in my Malibu, works out perfectly...

memphis man

hey krunch check this out its an 11 part video by popcorn sutton and is a great watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXkoc5-9a-Y&feature=related

you need to check your local laws about making the shine here we can have a homebrew still as long as your still wont run more than two gallons of whiskey it may be different out there. i have my grandfathers old still from the early 60's put away in the back of one of my shops. i talked to him the other day and he said if i pull it out and clean it up he will show me how it used to be done. i think i will dig it out in the next week or so and see what i can conjour up.

N

Nondual

my boy runs ethanol in his Grand National and i run Methanol in my alchy injection in my Malibu, works out perfectly...
That was quite a few years ago I did that research. I remember for a conversion the recommendation was to coat the fuel tank and use something like Tygon fuel lines, etc.

An ethanol powered GN eh? A friend added a 7th injector type system in one of his GN's, he had 2 GN's and a turbo Regal, and was running ethanol through that.

As for the stills...A local guy buys vodka then runs it through a stove top type still which sits in a pot of boiling water. The stove is electric. Pretty sure it's a glassware setup and will ask next time I see him.

If anyone is near Ashland, OR there's a company called Alchemical Solutions which makes 190 proof ethanol. Last time I checked a gallon was about $25. A friend ran that place for quite a few years. They market it for things like medicinal herb extractions. Great stuff for making something like a Cannamist tincture!

woolybear

Veteran
fuck em . i dont care. wow that site has cheap priced stuff. maybe i will order a cheap one from them for now and get a better one later. now along with grow supplies i am gonna have to sneak in sacks of grain and sugar LOL

yeah man the one krunch for was only $130.

I'm on this shit. Gonna call the redneck who runs the site and ask for some advice.

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
im liking this show even more with ever episode i watch! i cant believe the season almost over

1) Tickle up on camouflage platform: "Mmmmyyyeahh, Ima jus gonna hop on down 'ere fors a moment"

2) 40 milliseconds later: *invisible booz demon picks his ass up and WWE body slams his face into his truck so hard it fucking dented and smashed his body*

You could see it on his face for the brief second before they cut away...his bell was fucking rung from that slam.

Tickle...popcorn sutton wasnt doing shit like that...chill on the 'shine...and schiltz or whatevr the fuck you kept popping tops on.

I love this show. I started thinking last night...crabbers, loggers, and guys that pretend to but dont mine gold...all #1 shows at some point or still are. Moonshiners seems to be rolling faster too.

We get...motherfucking weed wars. The escapades of BrownDirtGrower, set-up or not...were more exciting. I can assure you...this can be done better representing us.

Watching the guy try to explain going legit reminded me of walking through one of our CO "licensed" facilities with the regulations...and USDA or FDA whatever approved "mash rake" lol. I thought it was funny as he was rattling off all the filters as though it was a big deal...any grower on here producing for market knows all those filters even if we arent using them at the moment...LOL. If he is paying 13k in quarterlies, he isnt rich....but he aint poor neither! Legit is where it is at from where I am doing the math, it wasn't THAT extravagant a production facility.

I wonder about some implied immunity too....you think they set up that meeting with old school shine guy at the liquor store by ABC agent dudley dooright? And if they did, that guy isnt going to wonder why that old guy, and check some stuff out? I dont know...how are these guys gonna hang out in town next season if they DONT go legit. That is if Tickle hasn't walked off a goddamn Appalachian cliff accidentally.

The Friend

I tried some shine before back when I lived in the south, think my buddy paid 10 bucks for a mason jar full and honestly it tastes like straight up permanent marker with a hint of salt for realz, my buddy loved it though seems like only true alcholics drink that shit, personally i rather just spend the bucks on making some nice wine or jus hit up the local liquer store. the show is great though jus my 2 cents peace

S

stratmandu

I live in 'shine country and wouldn't touch that stuff for anything. Three words keep me from drinking it: higher order distillates. You gonna trust some backwoods hick to keep this from happening? "What you want is the middle", yeah no way I'm trusting my friggin' eyesight to someone like Tim or "Popcorn", no. I'll stick with Booker's, thank you.

I do like the show. That fat pig sure is a smarmy asshole, though.