Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's my little 8 gal milk can :smoke:

picture.php

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
I missed the show but am gonna catch it soon. My buddy gave me a jar of blueberry and a jar of plum wine the other morning for an early Christmas gift. Last year he made the apple pie and it was the best stuff ever!
@brotherbear: +1 on the milker! You've got to throw up some details. My father in law has been telling me for years that he'd give me his dad's still.
Anyone seen or worked with these? http://stilldrinkin.com/
~this thread touched a nerve~

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
never had shine before, but im really interested.....

i like to sip a little rum at night and wouldn't mind trying/making some shine....

dubwise

in the thick of it
Veteran
Some of it is smooth and makes you feel all warm & cozy, then knocks you're socks off....and some of it is harsh and knocks your socks off. I've had lots of it. It's great and I like to get a couple of times a year....if you can try the apple pie, you won't be disappointed, it's outstanding! Come over to the east coast & get a jug! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODFOF8rmSE

krunchbubble

Veteran
I missed the show but am gonna catch it soon. My buddy gave me a jar of blueberry and a jar of plum wine the other morning for an early Christmas gift. Last year he made the apple pie and it was the best stuff ever!
@brotherbear: +1 on the milker! You've got to throw up some details. My father in law has been telling me for years that he'd give me his dad's still.
Anyone seen or worked with these? http://stilldrinkin.com/
~this thread touched a nerve~

OH HELL YA!!!

about to order a micro venom combo!!!!! and some other shit i should get, that im reading about....

311devon

Should be good corn, not feed grade shit.

BTW, How the fuck you gonna live in a small Va town, make moonshine and show it on national television. Leave quick to go to work, and take the TV crew with you. And all at the same time have your underage son with you ?

He did say he was leaving his gear behind, so perhaps this is the end of it for him. But i doubt it, since the shine runs deep in his blood.
I imagine him getting busted in the next year. Losing his house, that BMW in the back i saw, his boy to child welfare. All sorts of crazy shit could go down now.

Yes...No ?

I agree 100%. This dude is going down. Did ya notice how they zoomed in and showed the town printed on his uniform for like 5 seconds. I think all these guys are going down cause some do-good'r in the editing room is helping LEO.

NOKUY

Veteran
I agree 100%. This dude is going down. Did ya notice how they zoomed in and showed the town printed on his uniform for like 5 seconds. I think all these guys are going down cause some do-good'r in the editing room is helping LEO.

yep....no attempt to provide any type of anonymity

Should be good corn, not feed grade shit.

BTW, How the fuck you gonna live in a small Va town, make moonshine and show it on national television. Leave quick to go to work, and take the TV crew with you. And all at the same time have your underage son with you ?

He did say he was leaving his gear behind, so perhaps this is the end of it for him. But i doubt it, since the shine runs deep in his blood.
I imagine him getting busted in the next year. Losing his house, that BMW in the back i saw, his boy to child welfare. All sorts of crazy shit could go down now.

Yes...No ?

I love that show! I can help but think this guy has a agreement to film this show. He seems to be smart enough to know better. he may even be distilling water when they are showing the still running, fermenting is not a crime and distilling water is not a crime. distilling your fermented mash is. we are watching an edited show.

believe it or not the feed corn has more starch and is "malted" into its sugar before hand. and then can be roasted to get your desired darkness.
But I do believe the moonshiners are using cornstarch anyways, not harvested corn. But fresh sweet corn can an is used by some people.

In Febuary I will have 5yrs without a drink, the thing I miss most about drinking isnt the drinking but making the stuff, every apple picking season really gets me going, use to make some good hard cider, then would freeze off the water and have some REALLY GOOD applejack.

something else thats great is distilled beer! Buy some cheap beer and run it one pass threw your still and you will have a very flavorfull
"beer brandy" I guess you could call it, or use wine to make brandy.

be sure to discard the first and last few minutes of your run, it may contain the methanol ect.

GREAT THREAD!:)

krunchbubble

Veteran
just ordered my moonshine still!!!

got all the shit to go with it!!!

appie pie shine for XMAS.....

krunchbubble

Veteran
http://stilldrinkin.com/index.htm

some one on here posted this link and its where i bought my still and supplies...

the guy is really cool and takes the time to explain everything and even talked me out of a more expensive still, he could of made an extra $100 or so....

he even sent me all his recipes for free, which costs $5 each on his site, what a cool kat!

i have zero experience, but this looks easy and im sure i already have the skills with what i do in my everyday life....

soooo looking forward to this, ive been spending $30 every couple days on some Captain Morgan Private Stock( best rum i have ever had!)...

so i figure not only can i save a good amount of money, but its also a great gift for the holidays since all my friends are drunks.....

med_breeder

Can someone fill me in on alcohol law please.

So if this guy get's pinched, does he just pay a tax bill?

Or is this guy looking at federal time?

If so,
He is quite relaxed about it.

Must be great shine.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Which one ya get Krunch ?
:edit: Duh, i can't read "
micro venom combo"

Last edited:
This is awesome growers growing herb and making shine!!! I love it and i want to make some. I had a friend give me some shine clear as water for my wife and i on our wedding night......damn shit was super potent! It went down fairly smooth, then felt like the inside of my body was a 1000 degree's.

Some other people were saying something about the law and how these good ole boys are putting themselves in harms way.... i was thinking the same. It would would be something if these guys got busted along with "weed wars'. i could see harborside going down along with everyone's favorite grower "farmer Jon". If it happens only in America would this happen growers and shiners gettin busted from being on reality TV.....crazy!!!

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Popcorn put out a book and then an updated reprint which he signed/sold at local shows.....I was lucky enough to get the reprint signed by him.....I had found one original copy unsigned, but they wanted 475.00......

he did things the old school way......

a shame they just didn't leave the 'ol boy alone......

shine on......

http://stilldrinkin.com/index.htm

some one on here posted this link and its where i bought my still and supplies...

the guy is really cool and takes the time to explain everything and even talked me out of a more expensive still, he could of made an extra $100 or so....

he even sent me all his recipes for free, which costs $5 each on his site, what a cool kat!

i have zero experience, but this looks easy and im sure i already have the skills with what i do in my everyday life....

soooo looking forward to this, ive been spending $30 every couple days on some Captain Morgan Private Stock( best rum i have ever had!)...

so i figure not only can i save a good amount of money, but its also a great gift for the holidays since all my friends are drunks.....

...and that is pretty fucking cool.

I am not much of a drinker, my body doesnt like alcohol. But I am considering this as a gift for my quart of vodka a day non-smoking father! :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts