What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

You know you live in the country if......

hayday

Veteran
I bet Buds got plants in the ground and doing fine. Busy time of year for him. That truck pic…We have one more payment on wifes truck and last week she got hit from behind by a big flatbed thingy.
Most likely wasted her ride.People do not pay attention behind the wheel anymore. We gotta get outta this place,if it’s the last thing we ever do.

St. Phatty

Went out to give the plants some extra water when it was 108 F.

Just spent about 10 minutes watering stuff.

Had to lay down in a tub of cold water afterwards.

Might go back outside when it's hotter.

Seems like you don't really feel the extra heat right away. Then it creeps up on you.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was hot today ….
2B02AC34-559F-4924-8E6B-E0307C8D7428.jpeg

St. Phatty

It was hot today ….

I watered the main pot plants 4 times.

I just figured they would appreciate it.

It seems like the sun is brighter, but I think on some days it is more clear, more transparent.

Normally outer space you get 140 watts per square foot, at sea level 70 watts per square foot.

On these hot days I think it's possible the plants are not just working harder because it's hot, but also because they are getting more light.

Also I guess on these hot super sunny days, that is when some plants put on their Serious height gains, like when my nephew went from 4'11" to 6'4".

St. Phatty

...... but what about the chickens/rooster St. Phatty, how are they doing? :good:

The 2 outdoor birds ( I re-homed one of them because she was destined to become predator food ) disappeared in the afternoon. I didn't really feel like looking for them in the heat, but I went and called their name ("bird", easy to remember) next to one bush, and the rooster called back.

Another 11 birds are in the garage. About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the heat was really affecting them. Breathing really hard etc. So I gave them more water dishes.

A few days ago I set up sprinklers on the roof. When I turned on the garage sprinkler, in the morning, it literally started steaming. Guess it really holds the heat.

Anyway that makes a big difference.

The house AC either failed, or maybe it's just crappy, so I stopped using it a week ago.

The sprinkler on the roof kept the house temp down to 84 F on Saturday, but on Sunday it was up to about 90 F, and didn't go down till early Monday morning.

Maybe that's what "heat dome" means. It doesn't cool off after the sun goes down.

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
:bigeye: I called that number, some weird guy picked up, sounded pissed. :biggrin:

It wasn't me, I promise!..... I'm not weird in that kinda way!

You know you live in the country if......

Your friends and neighbors start getting concerned when they don't hear from you in a while....

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Howdy friends, all is well here,,, the new "upgraded site just takes forever to load with my really slow "country" internet signal...
Just isn't any fun to wait 3 minutes or more for each page to load...

Also, with summer here I've been busy with the hideout and other outdoor stuff..The tippy-top of the girls are all up to my chin already!
It's hot as hell here, I'm getting ready to go buy a 100 gallon horse trough to put in the front yard to soak in when i get all sweaty!
I'll use all that water for the veggie garden as I re-fill it with clean water every 5 days....

Yall, take it easy and have a great-growing summer!

St. Phatty

It's hot as hell here, I'm getting ready to go buy a 100 gallon horse trough to put in the front yard to soak in when i get all sweaty!

That's what I do !

There's a lot of us. A few years ago, a neighbor 2 houses over let his friend extract some Gold from his part of the creek.

I visited with him, and he showed me his Gold technique, basically using his sluice to come up with some 5 gallon buckets of "concentrate", sand with Gold in it, that gets taken home for panning.

Also he was wearing a wetsuit, and took regular breaks to float in the creek.

The neighbor 1 house over is the kind of person who is upset when people are doing their thing. He called the state police to bust the gold miner, for interfering with the fish, or some BS.

The state police came over, took one look, and said, "there's no fish here, moron !" i.e. the fish can't migrate upstream because of people's driveway bridges etc.

That vignette kind of shows the Country culture.

Latest posts

Latest posts