What's new

Bush Weed Seeds

regseeds

As a mental reminder to those interested in "Bush Weed Seeds" The same perpetrators come here to gaslight this thread. They were not involved in any capacity.

Bushweed left a clear well documented timeline of events that lead to his seed offering in the Kangativa MM thread.

As bushweed states "Kanga teamed up with Nevil to see what could be done with Kanga's MM, Oaxacan, Thais, Kariba Surprise & as below Nevil's Haze"

anything else is verbose, hearsay and speculation most important of all not relevant to this thread.

This is an MM clone that is incidentally the mother of MMb Big Mullum. MM characteristically grows as a giant overblown xmas tree, but sativa clones often develop as tri-branched hydras. This is but a single branch...
picture.php

MM father....
picture.php

This is the original cut of another Mullumbimby sativa that was combined with Kanga's MM to produce the Early Mullum...
picture.php

Early Mullums
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kanga's GN Thai stick cut...out of two packs, the longest flowering specimen proved to have an incredibly strong, long, trippy high
picture.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

GN Thai stick x Oaxacan Trance (8.5)
picture.php

picture.php

The 6 metre giant at the back of the garden behind MM1
picture.php

picture.php
Kanga teamed up with Nevil to see what could be done with Kanga's MM, Oaxacan, Thais, Kariba Surprise & as below Nevil's Haze....

picture.php

They settled on the Nevil's Hz#21 cut, with her beautiful sativa structure and capacity to cross well..
picture.php

NH#21 & MM..
picture.php

picture.php

Dried NH#21...
picture.php

Last edited:

regseeds

Gotta be some of the greatest photos of sativas absolutely thriving on the net. Love when they pop back up. Does any know kanga and if he is doing well? I certainly hope so.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

@GreenAndFast
I Agree!

They set an incredibly high benchmark. Credit to bushy for making the best lines available.

The last time I logged into a FB was months back. I saw some photos of Kanga driving around on his motorcycle (He looks happy). There was some talk of him moving to CH. I'll let one of the Aussie guys chime in who would know much more than me.

Last edited:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Gotta be some of the greatest photos of sativas absolutely thriving on the net. Love when they pop back up. Does any know kanga and if he is doing well? I certainly hope so.
he seems happy ,
has a job that keeps him busy , and a coupla nice powerful motorcycles for a bit of a thrill ,
gotta be able to live a little dangerously when one has been a thrill seeker in younger years ,, hahaha
no growing cannabis or imbibing for around 6 years last i spoke with him...

xet

Interesting thread indeed.

I found this old text from Southern Star Seeds (what happened to him anyway?) who was offering the "Gold Rush" (MM X Nanan Bouclou).

Mullumbimby Madness - 20' Thai:
You're about to grow an old sativa crossing that came to Ozz from Thailand in the form of stick(buddah) in the late 50's. She was passed onto me in the mid 70's by me departed Uncle, though I had seen him grow here many times since I was young. This a strain that can yield massive outdoors, and is the most Indoor Friendly Sat I know. IT stretches stuff all. Indoors she can finish anywhere from 90-110 days and it produces some one of the most focused stones around. Focused yet strong and very soaring but not debilitating. Has NO ceiling. The more you smoke, the more stoned you get. If you gave the smoke to soemone who was a choofer in the 60'and 70's in the States, it'll vividly remind them of the old days mate. No one refuses this smoke, and everyone who tries it will tell you it is one of the finest smokes around. When grown out, it has an incredibly long shelf-life. A year later she smokes better than when she is fresh - like the Nam and many other near pure sativas. The name Mullum, Mullumbimby Madness, Old Mother Sativa is ALL the same strain under differing names....
So the Mullum is NOT a strain that was developed here as many erronously thought till recent times. That is how she came directly from Thailand mate. BTW - Mullums are much more potent than the DALAT. They'll equal or better Shanti's NevillesHaze in potency and in quality of stone."
Shantibaba:
"The seed I used was from original seed grown in northern NSW in the late 70s and 80s of which some referred to it as Mullumbimby Madness... what I considered a Thai Columbian inbreed line from a fellow grower who had had it growing and collected the seed himself from those places in his travels. There were other strains similar viewed as Mullum Madness, so it depends who you spoke to at the time. To answer a bit about Mullumbimby Madness, well that was one of my strains that I worked on in the late 70s and early 80s when I lived in a small village called Main Arm, in between Byron Bay and Kyogle/Lizmore. There was a few legends helping out altogether and we hit something incredible. I still have that as one of the seed stocks that we grow for personal use. It basically was a 3/4 sativa, which is a huge tree and perfect to grow in that sub tropical climate of NSW north out doors. To do this strain inside you need height!!”

Thoughts?

funkyhorse

End of the adventure with Nh21xMM
Last girl was chopped
Some masters teach you what to do and other masters teach what not to do and I dont have to necessarily agree with masters

This strain is part of the project I have here taken from OJD idea of a haze competition. So the competition is at my greenhouse and mother nature is first judge. And if it passes the test of mother nature, I am the final judge
So this strain competed in the category Thai wannabe together with THH and Thunk and they all failed to pass mother nature approval for my environment.
In the canna world there is a consensus that hybrids are better than landraces. In my case it doesnt work. For example look at Outback Haze. It will have the same fate here containing NH genetics which dont adapt to these conditions. Instead I believe pure Thai 78 would do much better and dont need taming nor adaptations, at least is what I am seeing here.
MadMac's Koh Chang/Thai Stick x Ohz90 is passing the test of mother nature with flying colours. Same with my Northern Thai 2008 crosses with Seedsman Hz/Ohz90 and with CG72. But if genetics contain strains adapted for lat 50N like indicas or skunk results are not the best in my environment.

All of the girls have PM. Bushweed said it needs a dry finnish. This strain is certainly not designed for a subtropical rainforest. Like Master DJ9 told me, this is PM crapola in my environment. He would say it is a waste of money, time, effort and space. I agree on the money waste, but it is the only way to reach this fabled genetics and I certainly learnt a lot with this grow and the lessons of this grow will help me in the future

All of the girls smell similar, have similar looking buds. Organoleptics are excellent, it is my taste in weed. Similar organoleptics to the NL5xH 91 F3 I had and its crosses to Ohz. In a few months I will know about the high which I hope will be much better than NL5xH 91.

She was the tallest and longest flowering. Also the one that suffered less PM of the sisters
Nh21 x MM 2 (14).jpeg
Nh21 x MM 2 (5).jpeg

She had hollow stems
Nh21 x MM 2 hollow.jpeg

Some buds with and without PM. I trimmed the PM out and hopefully high will be decent
Nh21 x MM 2 (4).jpeg
Nh21 x MM 2 (7).jpeg
Nh21 x MM 2 (8).jpeg
Nh21 x MM 2 (11).jpeg
Nh21 x MM 2 (12).jpeg

This seed you see here is an experiment. It was done with pollen left 3 days in the greenhouse, enjoying every morning 99% humidity. I applied after the third day in the morning and it was humid pollen. I didnt expect to obtain seed but it seems many facts taken for granted in the canna world are not such
Question: is wet pollen from indicas working? Is this a sativa thing or a strain thing? Because everybody I have asked told me wet pollen is not viable. but sativa wet pollen did work nicely
Nh21xMM x OT1Hz male 1 wet pollen seed
Nh21 x MM 2 x OT 1 male 1 wet pollen.jpeg

Have a nice weekend everybody

Raho

Veteran
This seed you see here is an experiment. It was done with pollen left 3 days in the greenhouse, enjoying every morning 99% humidity. I applied after the third day in the morning and it was humid pollen. I didnt expect to obtain seed but it seems many facts taken for granted in the canna world are not such
Question: is wet pollen from indicas working? Is this a sativa thing or a strain thing? Because everybody I have asked told me wet pollen is not viable. but sativa wet pollen did work nicely
Nh21xMM x OT1Hz male 1 wet pollen seed

Have a nice weekend everybody
Pollen is hydrophobic.
It floats on water , is basically "waterproof" (no idea how long it's resistance lasts).

The reason why people emphasize drying pollen and keeping it dry is to prevent clumping and prevent the growth of mold.
If you think about the role pollen plays in the survival of the species, it is obvious that it must be able to survive in a hostile environment to do it's job.
Pollen does not lose it's viability by being sprayed with water, it is simply washed off the plants and collects in a film on the floor where it can't do it's job of making seeds. It is dispersed by floating in the air so the effect is the same as if the water made it "not viable.".

Sorry to see your problem with PM.
That Nev21 has some undesirable traits buried in her for sure.
Nev saw it was a fussy (inconsistent) breeder when he started testing offspring which is why be began using her as a reversed pollen source in later work. More control of the other parent phenos increased chances of good outcomes.

F2F

Going to spend this year making seed and maybe trying to select some of these crosses to the mullum side over next few years.

Oaxacan Space shuttle x Mullumbimby Madness
full

full

(edit: I had the parents in wrong order previously)

Mullumbimby Madness x Thai78
full

Not from bushweed, but made by same breeder who did the seed for him.
Lime Madness = (Mullumbimby Madness x Thai78) x Black Lime Reserve #3
I’m guessing the runt is heavy leaning to BLR side as I’ve got some BLR x Cherry chem going which look very similar.
full

Peace,
F2F
Edit: renamed the MM/Thai78 x BLR cross to more accurately reflect its origins.

Last edited:

F2F

View attachment 18718824

havnt followed the story ,,hope these dont tie into any cotroversy ..lime madness f2 got 4 of these looking like 10 to 14 weekers as advertised
Hiya Harvest,

Did the leaves look fairly wld as youngsters? Def can see wide leaf in my seedlings, and I know that will change some later. Yours is showing a nice hybrid expression with some Sat coming through. Very pretty plant there sir.

Peace,
F2F

harvestreaper

Veteran
Hiya Harvest,

Did the leaves look fairly wld as youngsters? Def can see wide leaf in my seedlings, and I know that will change some later. Yours is showing a nice hybrid expression with some Sat coming through. Very pretty plant there sir.

Peace,
F2F
hi f2f couple wide ..couple more hybrid the one in pic more hybrid ,,have another with even more sat dom leaves thats faster,,,these were from the f2s not the original

F2F

Realized I had the parents named in the wrong order for the oaxacan/mullum cross. Here was the first time I tried her, season before last. Big lanky plant, went in the patch late and was shaded but still took off for the skies. Beautiful big serving plate-size fans. Elegant if I do say
full

Touch of PM due to the extremely dry dry fall. Started with some crazy juicy fruit terps, little mint, immediately after chop. Had me thinking about all the reports I'd heard of the old juicy fruit thai. By the time she dried/cured a bit it had gone to mint. I didn't do well at all with her so looking forward to bringing it in a little closer to good this fall. Very unique high for me. My eyes popped open right at first hit, soaring high. Waves of energy. Great legs.
full

Peace,
F2F

Last edited: