What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Grizz

Veteran
I really hope you hit that 2 lb goal, its going to be hard to do with as small a footprint that your growing in, not impossible but rare, gg4 is the best plant to do it with, good luck my lady

Aspenou812

Veteran
I really hope you hit that 2 lb goal, its going to be hard to do with as small a footprint that your growing in, not impossible but rare, gg4 is the best plant to do it with, good luck my lady

Thanks JW, I need all the luck i can get. It's like that saying people use to use all the time (if you're going to go for it Go BIG). My footprint is basicly 4.5' by 5' the optimum footprint for the gavita, total square feet in my room 295 total the room is 6.5' by 5' by 9' high so it's not a tent by any means, but it's a big undertaking with my limited experience growing Dank Sticky Nugs of Love. but let me assure you two pounds or not this is just the beginning for me. If for whatever reason i miss my mark in the weight, Im damn sure going to HIT 2 pounds on my very next run. I feel like i'm just pulling out of the driveway on a very long journey.

Aspenou812

Veteran
update.... 2 days just feeding and watching them.

update.... 2 days just feeding and watching them.

just wanted to give an update.... I now have nice thick roots in the bottom of each airpot, I was trying to take a picture and just didn't have enough hands to hold everything.......
so i'll do this instead.... DAMN they kinda blew up over the last two days.... seriously
i posted these pictures on 1/9/2017 so this is two days ago ok......

now when i got home today they were like this

is it just me or is the change really that visible to yall?????

onavelzy

Veteran
just wanted to give an update.... I now have nice thick roots in the bottom of each airpot, I was trying to take a picture and just didn't have enough hands to hold everything.......
so i'll do this instead.... DAMN they kinda blew up over the last two days.... seriously
i posted these pictures on 1/9/2017 so this is two days ago ok......
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1693303&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1693304&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

now when i got home today they were like this

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1694333&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=70660&pictureid=1694334&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

is it just me or is the change really that visible to yall?????

No, it's not just you. It's pretty obvious, especially on the top down view. The canopy width looks like it's almost half again as big, if not more. The height diff is also there but the canopy spread is pretty wow

SuperWeed

Looks like you are ready to top'em. I would start from NugBuckets tutorial. Except, since you are a flat scrogger, I would top for three heads. Just keeping the very top 3 nodes.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I just supercropped them all, I'll have a tone of tops I haven't counted but looks like 6 to 8 tops per plant. I'll have to wait and get a good count when they turn up towards the light, If i was successful with my supercropping I'll let them go and flip them in a week and a half at the end of the 4th week. Im not making any other adjustments on the light or solution strength for at least a week fed them tonight at 1.1 ec and 5.8 PH i'm leaving the light at 750w 36 inch distance.... I should flip to flower on 1/23/2017

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
that's just how i dress when i'm at home im from Florida...... it's hot as fuck 10 months out of the year and a POOL is a must! when i'm not working im normally outside....

Not sure I'd make it through the summer without our pool. Northern relatives see how I dress and always say "you look like you're going to the beach". How else you gonna dress down here????

Come stay for a summer with your khaki pants and your popped collar cotton polos you eastern lockjaw mofos and see how you do!!

You'll be half naked and happier for it in no time!

I'm the same way. Always feels like I should be doing more when at the grow. What I do is , organize, clean, rearrange plants(according to size). Then bundle cords, make sure everything is as easy as possible to use/get at. Then when I get really bored, I'll start cleaning out the bottoms and insides of vegging plants.

Brother every time I see that Chappelle picture in your sig I laugh my ass off!!!!!

Aspenou812

Veteran
Flip flops, short shorts and a Kini top....... um yea pretty standard...... I dont run around like that most of the time i'll get dressed to go to dinner or shopping but at home by the pool at the beach that is like right over there..... or when i'm DIVING.......yea here with the gulf of mexico just over there..... I love it when a tourist runs around all day in a pair of jeans... there always soaked in 10 minutes......

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I live in the southeast, not quite as far down as you, and it is funny seeing yankees in jeans and stuff! :biglaugh: And ppl out west dont know nothing about humidity. Ppl say a dry heat is worse than humidity.....bull fukn shit! Hahahaha. I cant even walk out my front door and walk to the mail box without dripping sweat

onavelzy

Veteran
I live in the southeast, not quite as far down as you, and it is funny seeing yankees in jeans and stuff! :biglaugh: And ppl out west dont know nothing about humidity. Ppl say a dry heat is worse than humidity.....bull fukn shit! Hahahaha. I cant even walk out my front door and walk to the mail box without dripping sweat

trust me, ppl out west know plenty about humidity. that's why we're out west. i've done my time in various environmental purgatories (Savannah, GA, Oklahoma, Louisiana). i'll take my San Diego now, you're welcome to come share but i ain't going back.

Aspenou812

Veteran
So the ladies were looking bad last night after super cropping them..... This morning the were already turning up towards the light, so I guess I wasn't to hard on them, that was so hard to do, like I was hurting them it just made me sad they looked so bad.....but it was all for better development.....

SuperWeed

Flip flops, short shorts and a Kini top...

Stop it. It's hard to find a woman grower out here and the single life is killing me. :biggrin:

For 2lb, you want approx 16 heads. I have not grown GG4, but it looks like 16 will do it. You want them as evenly spaced as possible. Each cola should be about 12inches tall and about 4 inches around when all is said and done.

They will look rough after you beat them up, but they will recover.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Stop it. It's hard to find a woman grower out here and the single life is killing me. :biggrin:

For 2lb, you want approx 16 heads. I have not grown GG4, but it looks like 16 will do it. You want them as evenly spaced as possible. Each cola should be about 12inches tall and about 4 inches around when all is said and done.

They will look rough after you beat them up, but they will recover.

GG4 throws branches like crazy !!! 4 to 6 good mains will deliver a ton of side branching that fills in just as well as the mains .

theres only 3 or 4 mains on these , but the canopy filled in quite nicely .

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Well were going to see how I do one way or the other, and I know you guys won't let me screw it all up. I'm realizing that there are many ways to get to the end, I'm listening to my plants as much as I can. If I fall short I'll make adjustments and run them again.

Aspenou812

Veteran
I plain on it.... I'm not going going to give up on my Goal. Two pounds is what I'm after.... Maybe it will happen this time maybe not but I'll get there in the end.

B

back_woods

that is the right attitude and you for sure have the right genetics to succeed just keep on keepin on

onavelzy

Veteran
Ok, it's just begging to be asked: Wtf are you going to do with 2 lbs. of gg#4? Head stash for life? Party queen? Sales?

Or, to quote one of my favorite memes from classic (aka bad) movies: And then?

No need to reply, rhetorical. just curiosity.

Last edited: