What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

In Search Of: Monkey Paw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monkey paw at 56 days....

Attachments

• 160edit2.jpg
    160edit2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 18
So*Notes on Selfing by Vic High: [These notes where taken from a commentary that took place on the Internet and are worth reading. Nothing has been changed or omitted. Notes Provided by Vic High, BCGA breeder] Notes and Interviews by Mr XX 100% Female Seeds Posted by TheSiliconMagician on February 13, 1999 at 05:17:41 PT: As some of you know I have been a regular in the chat room for awhile now and I spend large amounts of time in there. Anyway, I have had the extreme pleasure of speaking to Mr. XX. over the last few nights for many hours and have gotten to know him quite well via E-mail and the chat. As it turns out he confided in me and a few others about his process for coming up with 100% Seeds. Now, Mr. XX is a very nice guy. Funny to and its always a pleasure to speak with him. The guy does not speak English too well but his wit comes through the rough language and he's a riot to talk to. He is a pure lover of cannabis. He feels that everyone should share and share alike and help the community in general. He simply wants to share his knowledge with the cannabis community because he has spent 15 years researching this and I spoke with him in depth about it. Done with Mr.XX's permission because he wants everyone to be able to do this. He stressed literally hundreds of plants with an irregular photoperiod. What he does is put the lights on 12/12 for 10 days. Then turns the lights on 24 hours, then 12/12 again for a few days, then back to 24 hours for a day, then 12/12 again for a few weeks. If he does this and no hermaphrodites come up. He has found a 100% XX female that cannot go hermaphrodite naturally. He says that your chances of finding a 100% XX female is vastly increased when using Indica genetics. He told me that the more Afghani or Nepalese genetics the plant has, the better the chances of finding a natural XX female. His exact words were "Where did Mother Nature give weed a home at originally?" I tried to get him to narrow it down to a ratio, but he never specified just how many plants per are XX females his exact words are "plenty of XX girls for everybody" and that is all he will say on the subject. Only that it takes a lot of time and a lot of plants to find that one female. He then uses Gibrellic acid. 30 centilitres of water with 2 grams of Gibrellic acid [Authors note: This is an incorrect amount please follow the directions at the end of this section next to the * mark. TSM did correct himself but not in this post. He did so later on.] (Continued) and 2 drops of Natruim Hydroxide to liquefy the Gibrellic. Then applies as normal and creates the male flowers. He has as pud said gotten down to the 4th Generation with NO loss of vigor, NO genetic deficiencies and NO hermaphrodites. He claims that the plants are EXACT GENETIC CLONES of one another. Complete sisters. Basically it's clone from seed instead of from normal cloning methods. Posted by TheSiliconMagician on February 13, 1999 at 05:17:41 PT: Mr.XX also says that it is easy for the home grower to find an XX female. It's a very time consuming process but a straightforward one. He says that home growers should confine themselves to ONE strain. Mr. XX used a Skunk#1 x Haze x Hawaiian Indica. He says to separate those plants from your main grow and stress the hell out of them. Do this over and over with every new crop of seeds you get of that strain until you find the XX female. While this is probably difficult it is by no means impossible. Another anecdote "The slimmer the fingers the harder it is to find the XX girls", so if you have that Columbian Sativa.. it is going to be nearly impossible for you to find that 1 female.. he says it's possible, but very unlikely.. TSM

{end quote}

I have been doing a bit of reading on s1. Methods for selfing and processes to ensure I don't waste my time... What I came across was in Greg Greens Cannabis Breeder Bible... Here's the same article I found onlin....

OK so that copy and paste worked backwards... Oops... So the light stress portion of the testing has begun... So far so good
... I'll possibly continue with the s1 project if all goes wel... Wish me luck.

Monkey Paw flowers just before entering the jar after 8 weeks of flower and almost a month of hanging whole before being trimmed.

@stealthy21~ Your plant resembles the PAW, but has too much sativa in her.... branches and colas are too long and the flowering time has never gone past 10 weeks for me... and that was in low light, lousy soil and a very cold room.... Dialed I can take her in 8. She is a squat biootch... Not lanky one bit...

But maybe there are other phenotypes floating around.....

Attachments

• monkeyPaw8wks 002.jpg
    monkeyPaw8wks 002.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
  • monkeyPaw8wks 004.jpg
    monkeyPaw8wks 004.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 14
  • monkeyPaw8wks 006.jpg
    monkeyPaw8wks 006.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 16
  • monkeyPaw8wks 007.jpg
    monkeyPaw8wks 007.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 16
  • monkeyPaw8wks 008.jpg
    monkeyPaw8wks 008.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 14

JVonChron

cookie co. 415 has something they call "monkey paw" in stock right now. this thread was the first thing I thought of. no way to tell if its legit but interesting none the less.

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
The search for monkey paw is over. Genotype A2 has the monkey paw vegging, and will soon be offering cuts. I haven't got a single fake cut from them. They also just got legit sunset sherbet and golden ticket/slymer.

Monkey paw and lemon paw are all over MI. I personally would never fux with genotype but if you want to "try" a strain out then maybe it's for you. After I saw a male plant in a coffee cup on a pizza pan as a pollen donor I'm done. I know a lot of growers who buy their cuts and they have great results but everyone in town is growing the same strains of A2's borrowed strains for the last I dunno forever. The paw has been saved for many years it's everywhere.

Ganjaganjakush

Yeah idk about geno any more the cherry pie came out like hay and the cannatonic I grabbed pretty much died on way home threw it in trash after 3 weeks of no growth lol

That really sucks I wonder if anyone else will step up seeing them operate freely for so long. The $50 one foot tall og cuts I saw just don't sit right with me. WTF do you do with a 14" unrooted clone?

StankyBeamer

Professional A$$hole
Yeah that does suck, did you contact them about it? I haven't got any clones from them in a long time, but the last time I did they were healthy and well rooted. Maybe I'll avoid them and just go through the seeds and new cuts I'm already working with

The search for monkey paw is over. Genotype A2 has the monkey paw vegging, and will soon be offering cuts. I haven't got a single fake cut from them. They also just got legit sunset sherbet and golden ticket/slymer.
I've seen them sell fake skywalker og, ghost og, and p98 bubba. The ghost at least looks like og but everything about it is watered down. The other 2 showed no resemblance to the real cuts. Some of their stuff is legit, some not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts