What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stainless Steel Fittings

montroller

those are all compression fittings like this

I really like how the compression fittings look and have noticed an industry trend in people switching over to that. I am just wondering if anyone could explain the benefits of using compression over NPT in our application, other than that they look better.

A6 Grower

Veteran
Your setup looks exactly like mine now Montroller! Looks nice huh? I did the same with my POS bhogart tank, but now it just collects dust as i never felt safe using the amount of butane i wanted(24lbs) which made me have to refill ALL the time(only felt safe with <15lbs)... Iron Fist extractors makes some BADASS custom SS316(maybe 304) recovery tanks with proper valves and a 4 or 3 inch cleaning port on top. http://pinsta.me/ironfistextractors hes just about to 24hr pressure test his first set of them. I believe Regisphilburn is getting one, maybe he'll chime in(wish you could tag people on this site) Im going to save for one and hopefully have it in a month or two. Probably going with the 30#(Actual Butane capacity at a 80% fill) so i have plenty on room for bigger runs. Really like his machines too.

A6 Grower

Veteran
last i heard around 900 or so, but i think that was his last design. lol my wallet hast let me even ask for the price yet. My bet is somehwere around 1k for the 20#, but i think thats a fair price for a solvent tank thats actually meant for what we need.

Pangea

Veteran
Nice, thanks for sharing the ironfistextract r.tanks. That seems like a huge top port for a pressure gauge. Would be nice to have them jacketed too, so we can ditch the stock pot/barrel/rubbermaid.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Your setup looks exactly like mine now Montroller! Looks nice huh? I did the same with my POS bhogart tank, but now it just collects dust as i never felt safe using the amount of butane i wanted(24lbs) which made me have to refill ALL the time(only felt safe with <15lbs)... Iron Fist extractors makes some BADASS custom SS316(maybe 304) recovery tanks with proper valves and a 4 or 3 inch cleaning port on top. http://pinsta.me/ironfistextractors hes just about to 24hr pressure test his first set of them. I believe Regisphilburn is getting one, maybe he'll chime in(wish you could tag people on this site) Im going to save for one and hopefully have it in a month or two. Probably going with the 30#(Actual Butane capacity at a 80% fill) so i have plenty on room for bigger runs. Really like his machines too.

Oh yeah, hey Regis, how did the two 60# solvent tanks turn out? Oh wait......you still haven't gotten them. You are much more patient than I my friend, and i applaud you.....

Why make a 10# or even 30# solvent tank? When the machine is that expensive I expect more. Have you ever ran a 30# solvent tank on dry ice with a 3x36, It don't work......

More shiny stainless that has little application to the where this industry is headed.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I really like how the compression fittings look and have noticed an industry trend in people switching over to that. I am just wondering if anyone could explain the benefits of using compression over NPT in our application, other than that they look better.

More reliable seal with compression. NPT works by stretching and distorting the threads.

The pictures show both NPT and compression fittings. That is how we make all of our units.

flatslabs

I only checked the 1/4 MNPT 3 way Tees. I paid like 40 bucks apeice for parker ones and they have them listed at ~$20.

The picture they have (for that particular part) looks nothing like my parker parts, FWIW, not to mention they dont have the P logo on them.

Chonkski

I only checked the 1/4 MNPT 3 way Tees. I paid like 40 bucks apeice for parker ones and they have them listed at ~$20.

The picture they have (for that particular part) looks nothing like my parker parts, FWIW, not to mention they dont have the P logo on them.

Yeah exactly.

I'm looking at these and I need the 3/8 F JIC X 1/4 M JIC,
http://www.hydraulicsdirect.com/2406_SAE_070123_hydraulic_fittings_p/2406.htm

Top right says "Parker hydraulics" and yet it is .88 cents. And the picture is definitely not Parker. Although, do you think it will have bad threads or anything?

montroller

Those are super lok fittings, the same ones you see in my picture. That site has the same exact prices as stainlesssteelfittings.com

The top right shows you comparable brands, that's why it has all of the different brands.

flatslabs

What you used for a 3/8 npt x 3/8 flare stainless steel fitting? Thanks

The only ones I have seen in SS are JIC flare.
SS-2404-06-06 - 3/8" JIC 37° x 3/8" Male Pipe - Stainless from the site listed above

They are pretty readily available, but if you have SAE hoses then you might be out of luck and stuck with lead free brass. I am sure someone makes them, but might not be cheap.

Latest posts

Latest posts