Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growing in Coco Coir > What do I ACTUALLY need?

Thread Title Search
What do I ACTUALLY need? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2019, 08:02 AM #1
rattlesnake

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road
What do I ACTUALLY need?

Just joined to the forum, its my first post.

I'm messed up in the head in some way that I have zero tolerance for things I don't need. Its not about money, Its not about space, I just don't like having more than enough things.

So I want to know what equipment and items do I "actually" need to grow picture perfect healthy plants in small scale indoor cabinet grow. Never tried coco, and I want to give it a shot.

Whats the essentials?
rattlesnake is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:10 AM #2
Whoscottgreen

Whoscottgreen will become famous soon enough
water
Whoscottgreen is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-18-2019, 08:42 AM #3
rattlesnake

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoscottgreen View Post
water
You are in the wrong section of the forum to say that.
rattlesnake is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2019, 10:06 AM #4
xxPeacePipexx

xxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the roughxxPeacePipexx is a jewel in the rough
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) ) And this acronyms been a working philosophy for many people years untold. I have no patience for excess myself and I practice moderation within all.

So with that said I would highly recommend that you invest in led lighting, or just good old florescent lights. Heats going to be a factor, and the more heat, the more complicated it can become. Regardless of the lighting, your gonna need ventilation and a plan that works with the ambient temperature fluctuations you're going to most likely experience. And once lighting and ventilation are set aside, your gonna need to invest in meters, one for Ph and the other for tds or e.c. and the rest will be determined by how simple you want it. Your gonna find a world of products curtailed around the coco-ponics and it is a diverse world when it comes to the many products on the market. But I and many others utilizing the K.I.S.S. method often only use the minimum by following the Lucas formula. You can find plenty of information here and elsewhere online about growing in coco.

Well, I hope I summed it up for you and that this helps. I don't do the cannabis forums thing to much anymore, but I like to drop by now and then to help others out when I can.. Best of growing to you...

Manidoo Seeds - Capturing the Spirit of Star Plants from around the world in Spirit Seeds bringing medicine to the people.

xxPeacePipexx is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:43 AM #5
Dropped Cat
Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch

Dropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond reputeDropped Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post

I'm messed up in the head in some way that I have zero tolerance for things I don't need. Its not about money, Its not about space, I just don't like having more than enough things.

So I want to know what equipment and items do I "actually" need to grow picture perfect healthy plants in small scale indoor cabinet grow. Never tried coco, and I want to give it a shot.

Whats the essentials?

Define your budget.

Assuming you have a cabinet, lights, and correct airflow management, timer for lights, exhaust fan, air scrubber.

Aquire medium, nutes and containers to measure/mix the nutes,
and to prep your medium.

Pots to hold the media, drainage set up.

An EC meter.

pH meter/strips.

Pest control mangement.

Jars to cure your product, and hygrometers to
monitor the cure.

That's it in a nutshell.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:13 AM #6
popta

popta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura aboutpopta has a spectacular aura about
The absolute minimalist set of tools is a container full of dirt, a sunny window, and water.

If you want to grow it in a closet then you need to add a light and exhaust fan to the list.

If you want to try soilless/hydroponic growing techniques like coco that's when you need to buy ec and ph measuring tools, calibration solutions for those meters, special fertilizers and ph adjusting products.

You can grow great weed with just dirt and water though. The quality you get in organic soil is typically higher than hydroponics. I'm sure you can find tons of soil recipes on here.

Have fun
popta is online now Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 01:23 AM #7
Malato

Malato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to beholdMalato is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattlesnake View Post

Whats the essentials?
do you have experience growing in other mediums? Or is this your first ever grow?

I pee on my plants.... GG x triangle kush

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=358327

A pissers tale

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....59#post8496959
Malato is offline Quote

Old 03-19-2019, 01:28 AM #8
Ace Rothstein

Ace Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really niceAce Rothstein is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxPeacePipexx View Post
K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Stupid) ) And this acronyms been a working philosophy for many people years untold. I have no patience for excess myself and I practice moderation within all.

So with that said I would highly recommend that you invest in led lighting, or just good old florescent lights. Heats going to be a factor, and the more heat, the more complicated it can become. Regardless of the lighting, your gonna need ventilation and a plan that works with the ambient temperature fluctuations you're going to most likely experience. And once lighting and ventilation are set aside, your gonna need to invest in meters, one for Ph and the other for tds or e.c. and the rest will be determined by how simple you want it. Your gonna find a world of products curtailed around the coco-ponics and it is a diverse world when it comes to the many products on the market. But I and many others utilizing the K.I.S.S. method often only use the minimum by following the Lucas formula. You can find plenty of information here and elsewhere online about growing in coco.

Well, I hope I summed it up for you and that this helps. I don't do the cannabis forums thing to much anymore, but I like to drop by now and then to help others out when I can.. Best of growing to you...
Lucas formula for sure.
Coco yields great but a good bagged soil needs nothing for the first 3-4 weeks. then I have used Dry maxi bloom, Ph down, Cal/Mag all from General Hydroponics and RO water,
Ace Rothstein is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:36 AM #9
Mate Dave
Propagator

Mate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant futureMate Dave has a brilliant future
maxi bloom KISS method with coir. Some pots & a 750w lamp. You don't need a timer if you turn it on & off.. simple..

Old 03-19-2019, 02:05 AM #10
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond reputeAgentPothead has a reputation beyond repute
Required? Seed. Light. Water. Nutrients. Medium. Airflow. The devil is in the details though. Soil combines nutrients + medium. Hydro means you must supply all the nutrients. I'd also throw on a PH meter, they are too handy not to have.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
AgentPothead is offline Quote