What's new

First time grower with SILS on micro grow

Sampas92

Just newbin
Setup

Setup

So guys i never showed my setup in full view so here it is, nothing fancy, the third cab on the pic is my tool/plant nute cab
picture.php

picture.php

Both girls inside the bigger cab
picture.php

The bigger cab pulls air from the bottom, exctrat to the smaller cab from above to give some flow directy in the plants, and it gets out from the bottom of it, with this shallow pot the air is forced to pass through all the plants to get out.
The oil heater works like a charm connected to the aliexpress hygrostat controller.
The fan pushes quite a bit of air, i didnt do the math but the plants look happy so im happy

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Day 41

Day 41

Today was tucking day of some leafs to clear a bit of the middle, all of the plant receives a proper ammount of light but i reckon that if i had 2 more sils in 2 rows of 4, the spread would be more even and i could space her out a bit more from the lights for the same ammount of light they are at 10cm from them now, they like it but i dont, its to close for me, thoughts for the next grows.
picture.php

picture.php

The top of the lowest side branch of the main stem
picture.php

Main cannopy, the fan leafs also are getting frosty, hell she is frostying up everywhere, im lovin it
picture.php

Also when i was working her i rubed a top accidentaly...its funny because you open the cab and you dont scent much of her smell if any if you dont poke your nose in her but...
Oh boy...the smel after the rub...god so good..very strong very fresh beautifull sweet fruity smell..i was salivating, spent the next 5 minutes with my nose on that top i just hope that in the end she smells and taste much better.
Also im going to keep a eye on that top to see if those pistils get brown from oxidizing by the impact, im a newbie so i need to see this details to not get mislead by some brown pistils here and there, keep in mind to be carefull and not work on them when high and smoking :D

Sampas92

Just newbin
Olders

Olders

Last night watering
picture.php

Today
picture.php

picture.php

The bad leafs didnt get any worse so i guess for now they are happy with the ammount of nutes, if they are happy im happy and defiently they were lacking, the green is much more healty, vibrant, also they started to finally frost themselves a bit and trowing a faint smell from them, well crash and learn, i learned.
Some frostyness
picture.php

Sampas92

Just newbin
Mrs Skunk

Mrs Skunk

This girl gets some pics today
I dunno if i said this earlier but since i added the new lights she looks better. Her green is more vibrant, the leafs dont look so mate, are more on the glossy side and i mention the lights because is the only thing that i changed.
picture.php

She already recovered from all the topings and cuttings
Prayable
picture.php

Topped branches
picture.php

picture.php

Also in the last watering i fucked up and i give her double the ammount of grow that i should have given and she is telling me, i was expecting it, sorry baby my bad
Clawing and burned tips, i guess im not mistaken, im loving this simbiotic relationship
picture.php

Her clones dont show any difference since i cutted them, not worry, just writing
Thats it for today

Peace

PCBuds

Thanks both of you, but buds you grow in coco wich is a bit different...
Today is watering day for her,...

That is true but like Caio said, you don't want your soil to dry up.
If your pot weighed the same yesterday as it does today, you probably want to water more often.

It sounds like your soil is saturated when you water it but your plants may be drinking it in less than two days.

Btw caio my next grow will be a 15l aeropot. How many liters of water should i expect a pot of that size with the same soil and its plant to consume? Double what im giving now? Just to get a clue to what to expect

I would expect the soil to absorb twice as much water but the same size plant will use the same amount of water.

Other than evaporation, the same size plant should transpire the same regardless of the size of the pot.
It should just take twice as long to use up its water.

Sampas92

Just newbin
That is true but like Caio said, you don't want your soil to dry up.
If your pot weighed the same yesterday as it does today, you probably want to water more often.

It sounds like your soil is saturated when you water it but your plants may be drinking in less than two days.

I would expect the soil to absorb twice as much water but the same size plant will use the same amount of water.

Other than evaporation, the same size plant should transpire the same regardless of the size of the pot.
It should just take twice as long to use up its water.

No buds, the weight is not the same..she is lighter today..hell i notice her a bit more lighter since the morning untill now..im going to water her today, tomorrow i will see how much height she has in the end of the day..
The soil is not completely dry.

Thanks buds :thank you:

PCBuds

I don't know what an aeropot is, but it sounds like it breathes.

You could have a lot more evaporation because of all the additional surface area.

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't know what an aeropot is, but it sounds like it breathes.

You could have a lot more evaporation because of all the additional surface area.

Yes you are right.
Those pot were engeneered for root bound takes longer to occur cause of its desing and because of the side holes that cover all of the pot, also like you said it promotes evaporation because is more aerated..thats the reason i drilled my pots like you did too..

Caio

Btw caio my next grow will be a 15l aeropot. How many liters of water should i expect a pot of that size with the same soil and its plant to consume? Double what im giving now? Just to get a clue to what to expect

I don't know, never used them.
I use anti spiral pots to do the same work as the aeropots.

picture.php

picture.php

Ps your skunk have pistils. She is an young lady now!
you can put your clones straight into flower after they root.
But remember that a plant is really mature after 4+ months.
My clones are much more stronger now than the first flowering.

Last edited:

Sampas92

Just newbin
I don't know, never used them.
I use anti spiral pots to do the same work as the aeropots.

View Image
View Image

Ps your skunk have pistils. She is an young lady now!
you can put your clones straight into flower after they root.
But remember that a plant is really mature after 4+ months.
My clones are much more stronger now than the first flowering.

How many liters and height are those caio?

noknees

but i reckon that if i had 2 more sils in 2 rows of 4, the spread would be more even and i could space her out a bit more from the lights for the same ammount of light they are at 10cm from them now, they like it but i dont, its to close for me, thoughts for the next grows.

that full shot of the big cab screams "side-lighting" to me. seems like adding LED strips like PC did would unlock a lot of yield/size potential.

plus, now you've got some nice fem seed to grow mainline-style in there....

Sampas92

Just newbin
that full shot of the big cab screams "side-lighting" to me. seems like adding LED strips like PC did would unlock a lot of yield/size potential.

plus, now you've got some nice fem seed to grow mainline-style in there....
Thank you for the suggestion noknees
Yes, my next grow i will pop the last auto that i have in my 15 l aeropot, and i think i will need side lighting cause training is not gona cut it, plus i have bulbs on the side so i can do it easy :D but for now i think the flowering girl is good?all of her is getting direct light

Are you talking about mainlining the skunk? Yes i thinked about that and i stil dont know if im going to do it thats why i only left her 2 nodes..i dont know if im going to let her go free like it his or not, i accept sugestions like those :D

The smaller cab will be tranformed in a lung or a mom/clone cab. Im thinking on mom/clone cause the spring and summer are around the corner so i get some time to get my lung for the bigger cab, i want to grow smaller plants, 2 per level, and maybe 2 or 3 levels, different varietys and i can do it perpectual, if i manage to root any of the cuts i did of the skunk and make a mom of one of them i need to train for the gift photo fems that i have here :plant grow:

PCBuds

Yes, my next grow i will pop the last auto that i have in my 15 l aeropot, and i think i will need side lighting cause training is not gona cut it, plus i have bulbs on the side so i can do it easy...

If you have a single plant sitting on the floor in the middle of the bottom of your bigger cab, you would have room for lights on the right and left walls then you could put brighter bulbs on the ceiling, further away, and grow a big ass plant.

I'm sure that you're aware of this, but I wanted to make sure you are considering that option. Lol

That's what I do, so I have a biased opinion.
I don't care about variety, I just want a big yeild.

Sampas92

Just newbin
If you have a single plant sitting on the floor in the middle of the bottom of your bigger cab, you would have room for lights on the right and left walls then you could put brighter bulbs on the ceiling, further away, and grow a big ass plant.

I'm sure that you're aware of this, but I wanted to make sure you are considering that option. Lol

That's what I do, so I have a biased opinion.
I don't care about variety, I just want a big yeild.

Im thinking in doing it in the next auto 15l pot grow, it will be fun :D i can make it big and tall, with the bulbs all around it will look like a christmas tree, just like yours buds:plant grow:

Sampas92

Just newbin
Day 42

Day 42

Nothing new to add, everyone is just doing their bizz, i just can watch her grow now
I went to search some diarys online about this girl..she looks ok, she is going to take a bit of time to flower tho, but she seems in proper timeline for what i saw and well developed so im happy
Btw she smells like everyone say, berrys, that fruity sweet smell, now i know, berrys. Everytime i bump a bud site she smells beautifull
picture.php

Main cannopy praying to be more frosty
picture.php

picture.php

I wonder if she would like a bit more of light

My skunk remains the same, i topped the 2 main top branches 2 days ago and already see new growth appearing, no pics of her tho.
I lost 2 of the 4 cuts that i had. 4 days ago i pot up 2 of them, one i didnt have any hope, i cuted him bad and didnt have a node to start roots, i scraped the stem and she wilted badly, even with dome, spaying, its gone. The other one also was poted up, didnt wilt, pretty stiff, was good but i thought the remaining leafs looked a bit dry, so i dome it for 2 days..well, PM appeared to say hello (wise words caio thank you), and i bin it, soil, pot, everything, went to wash my hands, it was a pitty cause i saw some roots spot in the branch. I had 2 cuts left in the water that were good, i poted up one again, put it in the pot of the skunk, right under the leafs to take advantage of her mom humidity, plus the temps are good rh 50%, i think ill manage it with some sprayings if she wants them.
Also, when i poted up the 2 first cuts, i added honey to the water were the cuts are, i changed today to clean water and 4 days ago, the stems had some medium dark stripes and spots, now they are almost gone and whats left is all light brown and the rest is all green

My older girls remains are packing a tiny bit of frost everyday, now that they are well fed i really see the difference in how they grow and develop, noted.
picture.php

When i look for some pics of them from just one month ago i almost cry :gaga:kkkkkk

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts